The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Good

He’ll take the huff by Christmas once Doolan hasn’t dropped Brian Graham to accommodate him. 

I wouldn’t remotely be saying good!

And Bullen dropped him for shite like Ashford and Bryden and he still continually dug us out of a hole so I’m not sure about the other part either…

It would be interesting what they did formation wise though, with him and Graham. 

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

y

4929B3AA-21EC-4301-9D63-E2C283856A72.png

For a club who are apparently struggling financially, they would appear to be doing ok in terms of their squad quality and the wages that they're paying....

We can put to bed any chance of Adeloye coming back as Bullen basically called him lazy at that Q&A night which a lot of people already called. 

He wasn’t half as good as he thinks he is and unless Doolan is switching things up formation wise I don’t think he’ll enjoy not being the main man. 

35 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Bullen talking about playing him for some of the game on Saturday so I guess he’s fine

He’ll be fit but not match fit and he’ll only get that from playing games.

Id expect him to start and get an hour 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

We can put to bed any chance of Adeloye coming back as Bullen basically called him lazy at that Q&A night which a lot of people already called. 

He wasn’t half as good as he thinks he is and unless Doolan is switching things up formation wise I don’t think he’ll enjoy not being the main man. 

We only saw Adeloye in an Ayr team that frequently went games without registering a shot on goal so we have no idea how he’d do…

he’s already very similar to Graham so it would be a strange move 

Just now, Superhursy7 said:

Been waiting for a club in the championship to try and get him, was he not practically part time with us and spent most of the week down south.

He definitely didn’t move like Dipo.  Bryden isn't ready yet and McKenzie and Ashford are never going to score goals regularly, so he would be a more than decent option.  Probably too expensive and too much baggage though.

Wouldn't be against getting Tomi back if it meant allowing Bryden to go out on loan. Not sure where it would leave Rose though as you'd expect he's coming up here to be a starter. Come the Morton game I expect the front 3 to be Murphy, Rose and Amartey with McKenzie, McGeady and Bryden in reserve. 

Would much rather an attacking midfielder (Kerr McInroy I'm looking at you) as think that's a priority along with two fullbacks. 

ETA: Logan Chalmers is still the dream and I know that goes against what I've said in the 1st paragraph. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

I think we’ll sign another forward but I’m not sure what type. Bullen said, when talking about Amartey, that pace is a huge bonus in this league so I think we’re trying to get quicker players into our front line rather than focal points like Akinyemi. 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Wouldn't be against getting Tomi back if it meant allowing Bryden to go out on loan. Not sure where it would leave Rose though as you'd expect he's coming up here to be a starter. Come the Morton game I expect the front 3 to be Murphy, Rose and Amartey with McKenzie, McGeady and Bryden in reserve. 

Would much rather an attacking midfielder (Kerr McInroy I'm looking at you) as think that's a priority along with two fullbacks. 

ETA: Logan Chalmers is still the dream and I know that goes against what I've said in the 1st paragraph. 

I think it’ll be a front four tbh, as that’s mainly what we’ve been doing so far with McKenzie off Bryden. 

I think Chalmers probably works slightly better than McInroy. 

I’m sure he can play as a ten too so you then have McGeady, Murphy, Amartey and Chalmers covering those three positions and most can move about across that three to some extent. Even throughout the game; which could make us very fluid attacking wise.

I think the Adeloye we had would actually work perfectly in that style of team as a focal point, but we have Rose now who seems to possess a lot of strength too from the little bits I’ve seen of him but seems to be a bit more athletic generally. 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think it’ll be a front four tbh, as that’s mainly what we’ve been doing so far with McKenzie off Bryden. 

I think Chalmers probably works slightly better than McInroy. 

I’m sure he can play as a ten too so you then have McGeady, Murphy, Amartey and Chalmers covering those three positions and most can move about across that three to some extent. Even throughout the game; which could make us very fluid attacking wise.

I think the Adeloye we had would actually work perfectly in that style of team as a focal point, but we have Rose now who seems to possess a lot of strength too from the little bits I’ve seen of him but seems to be a bit more athletic generally. 

If it’s a 442 then yeah we’re probably set in midfield although I’m not convinced that Dempsey and Murdoch as a two are good enough against the better teams that will play an extra man in midfield. They were chasing shadows in the play off games. 

If that is the case though then I could see Bangala, Ecrepont/Hewitt, Ashford and Bryden (loan) as our outgoings and a full back, winger and striker coming in. Maybe two full backs although that definitely depends on what Ecrepont and Hewitt decide to do. I have a feeling one will definitely go and we’ll replace them but I’m not sure what one. Ashford might end up staying as he’s had a decent pre season but I’m not convinced.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

If it’s a 442 then yeah we’re probably set in midfield although I’m not convinced that Dempsey and Murdoch as a two are good enough against the better teams that will play an extra man in midfield. They were chasing shadows in the play off games. 

If that is the case though then I could see Bangala, Ecrepont/Hewitt, Ashford and Bryden (loan) as our outgoings and a full back, winger and striker coming in. Maybe two full backs although that definitely depends on what Ecrepont and Hewitt decide to do. I have a feeling one will definitely go and we’ll replace them but I’m not sure what one. Ashford might end up staying as he’s had a decent pre season but I’m not convinced.

I know it’s splitting hairs really but think it’ll be more of a 4-2-3-1, as you say though it’s important the middle player is able to drop in and help out the central midfielders though - I guess from that point of view McInroy would be able to do that better. Most likely we will get neither him or Chalmers tbf. 

The thought of having at least one good full back is quite exciting tbh!

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Much will depend on whether Bullen has them as part of his plans, in terms of Ashford I reckon he probably is, at least as as a 20 min man. Bryden will ideally get a League 1 loan and I'd think probably the same for Ecrepont and Hewitt with Bangala being pretty much a write off.

1 hour ago, Nelson said:

McGeady ruptured his hamstring in February, and it was reported at the time he’d be out for 4-6 months.  We’re pretty much in the middle of that recovery timeframe, so seems unrealistic to think he’s ready to start games. 

Middle ? Think we are at the end of it

19 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Middle ? Think we are at the end of it

The injury happened on 18th February, so 4-6 months puts us anywhere from mid June to mid August.  A hamstring rupture isn’t something you really want to take chances with - if McGeady was fully fit and able to start games by mid-August time, then that would probably be a result.  

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Oh dear !!

We can revisit this at 4.50pm on Saturday after we've been humped 0-3 by the mighty Alloa and our league cup dreams are lying in tatters.

😉

Hey, I was pessimistic before. Cautiously optimistic is progess. 

I find it remarkable that some folk criticise Tomi and are positively fawning over Kerr McInroy. Tomi dug us out the shit that season. Chasing endless long balls all season long with two of the biggest imposters as managers ever who had 1 brain cell between them.

I'd take Tomi back in a heartbeat.

Edited by Trogdor

4 minutes ago, Nelson said:

The injury happened on 18th February, so 4-6 months puts us anywhere from mid June to mid August.  A hamstring rupture isn’t something you really want to take chances with - if McGeady was fully fit and able to start games by mid-August time, then that would probably be a result.  

I mean, I think the actual Ayr United kit man would probably have a good idea of where McGeady is in terms of fitness. 

12 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

I mean, I think the actual Ayr United kit man would probably have a good idea of where McGeady is in terms of fitness. 

Only going on the interview with Lee Bullen last night  on AUTV where he says that he hopes to have Rose and McGeady involved on Saturday against Alloa