The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Any centre mid signing we do make now will just be panic signings so I wouldn't get too excited about the quality. 

Why would we panic buy when there is still 6 weeks left in this transfer window ? 

36 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

The “he’s just a volunteer” line only goes so far considering the new hierarchy were quick enough to hunt the volunteer who was previously doing the highlights.

Aye, the best part of our external communications! I think Dave Smith does a lot of things right but f**k me that was an act of self harm. It's up there with appointing Hopkin for me! 

Just now, Superhursy7 said:

I don't think we will panic buy but Mathie was talking about 1st, 2nd  and 3rd choices yesterday, these injuries will make us push the boat out a bit more for the first choice.

Totally right , if there were no injuries he could afford to gamble on potentially 3rd choice as they would be part players , but now more likely to go for the first choices 

Just now, Finlay21 said:

Totally right , if there were no injuries he could afford to gamble on potentially 3rd choice as they would be part players , but now more likely to go for the first choices 

In that case I cannot wait till #announcechalmersona3yeardeal day. Well aware he's not a centre mid but I couldn't care less. 

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

So you think whoever we sign tomorrow would have been signed even if the injuries to Murdoch and Dempsey didn't happen? Highly doubt that 

There’s a difference between panic buying and switching to a different target to react to injuries. They’ll have reports compiled for players in positions that they won’t be actively looking for so it’s not as if they’ll have to go through a huge drawn out process to identity someone to come in. 

There’s been a huge overreaction to these injuries imo. It’s a big blow but people were acting earlier as if the club were just going to accept it and not do anything about it. There’s ages left to bring players in and a lot can happen before the first deadline in a week or so.