The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Counting absolutely everyone

Gondoh, Dempsey, Ashford, McInroy, Rowe, Kenyon, Dipo, Bangala, Musonda, JML, Mullin, Maguire, Kirk, B. Young, Chalmers (x2), McAlear, Mutch, Stanger, Murphy, Pendlebury, Amartey, McGeady, Rose, Ahui, J. Young

Musonda is clear

30 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Our recruitment is largely an utter shambles when we have months to scout someone and have negotiations with. I don’t know how anyone can think having a couple of days to find someone from scratch to replace what was easily our best fit central midfielder will be anything short of a complete stab in the dark.

If he goes we are back down to probably no one who looks like they can actually hit a ball. McGeady probably can but he hasn’t shown it shooting wise yet.

You can’t compare him to Young yet, and  he hasn’t shown anything to suggest he is better than Paul Smith - never mind easily better. 

Logan Chalmers and Jamie Murphy can definitely “hit a ball.” As can Smith from set pieces. 

I don’t care if he is away, as discussed further up we need better and a different style of midfielder to complement young. 

Edited by No_Problemo

18 minutes ago, GuyIncognito said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Recruitment team joined over the winter of 2021-22:

January 22:

Gondoh - failure

Dempsey (loan) - success

Ashford - failure

McInroy - success

Rowe - never got a chance

Kenyon - failure

Summer 22:

Dempsey (permanent) - success

Akinyemi - success

Bangala - failure

Musonda - success

JML - failure

Kirk - success

Mullin (loan) - success

Young - jury out (I thought he was OK)

Chalmers - success

January 23:

Mcaleer - flop

McGuire - flop

Mullin (permanent) - paid more than he was worth to keep him which resulted in deficiencies elsewhere not being addressed, spent most of that time injured, failure but still a good player.

Summer 23:

Mutch - looks ok, too early to tell

Stanger - success

Murphy - success

Amartey - success

Pendlebury - too early to say

McGeady - success due to off field role

Rose - too early to say

Ahui - can't base things off 45 mins, but not promising

Chalmers - success

Young - too early to say

Totals

28 total signings

13 successes

8 failures

7 unknown

This is all just my opinion of course but make of it what you want

Let me know if i've missed anyone or not counted things up properly

Wasn't actually asking you to do it by the way, but fair play.

Miss rate is def too high though...

On 14/07/2023 at 16:52, callum-ayr said:

I’ll just get the tweet in now for a years time. “Olly Pendlebury has terminated his contract by mutual termination, we thank him for his efforts..”

Get this recruitment process in the fucking bin. 

Here what a year that was btw. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

You’re right, I should continue to do something I don’t enjoy that ruins my whole weekend and costs me money.

This has been my mindset as of late, and I feel all the better for it. For too many years I just automatically turn up on a Saturday regardless of how miserable it has been. A week or two, or a few, away from it is actually quite refreshing.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Wasn't actually asking you to do it by the way, but fair play.

Miss rate is def too high though...

I think there’s a few misses on there that are a bit harsh. Ashford wasn’t great but he contributed positively in a lot of games over his 18 months. I’d put him firmly in the meh category. 

Bangala and Gondoh are the only ones who were clearly out their depth imo. Magure and McAlear were the biggest let downs. 

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

Here what a year that was btw. 

Aye fair play.

I’d love to know what the reasoning is and what we’ve got planned in terms of incomings between now and Thursday night. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye fair play.

I’d love to know what the reasoning is and what we’ve got planned in terms of incomings between now and Thursday night. 

Was told he’s asked to leave. Don’t think he’s the “right type of character” Bullen always seems to plug at in his interviews. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think there’s a few misses on there that are a bit harsh. Ashford wasn’t great but he contributed positively in a lot of games over his 18 months. I’d put him firmly in the meh category. 

Bangala and Gondoh are the only ones who were clearly out their depth imo. Magure and McAlear were the biggest let downs. 

Yeah, Ashford did a job, of sorts, bit unfair to put him in the dud category completely. Wonder if Bullen is regretting letting him go now, thinking to himself could he do a job in midfield.

Gondoh was a strange one, got less game time than Bangala but I refuse to believe he was actually worse than him.

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Yeah, Ashford did a job, of sorts, bit unfair to put him in the dud category completely. Wonder if Bullen is regretting letting him go now, thinking to himself could he do a job in midfield.

Gondoh was a strange one, got less game time than Bangala but I refuse to believe he was actually worse than him.

I'll admit it's a bit harsh to divide everyone we've signed into 3 categories and some of my picks were maybe harsh, like with Ashford and Mullin signing permanently. Most of them are quite clear where they lie though, and it puts our success rate at just below 50%, and a failure rate at about just less than 1 in 3.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye fair play.

I'm in danger of being whooshed here but what is happening on Thursday night?

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Was told he’s asked to leave. Don’t think he’s the “right type of character” Bullen always seems to plug at in his interviews. 

Was any reason given as to why? As much as this situation is not what the club needs now, if he has homesickness (which would be affecting his performances), or if something has gone on with his family then there's not much we can do about it.

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

I'm in danger of being whooshed here but what is happening on Thursday night?

Deadline for cross border transfer isn’t it? 

Can still do domestic loans for another month after that.