The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

The hing with the airdrie game that worries me is that we literally have no one in the team that understands the rivalry there they will be up for it as they always are against us. 

Does it even count as a rivalry these days? 

I’ve got the same level of contempt for the diddy h*ns as I would for QoS or Stranraer

Edited by ComradeDiego

23 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Reading the QP thread, it seems like the cracks are starting to appear in their shiny new regime. They seem to play a very high line as well, surely Bullen and his 57 coaches will recognise this and exploit it. 

lol 

29 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

The hing with the airdrie game that worries me is that we literally have no one in the team that understands the rivalry there they will be up for it as they always are against us. 

It’s not a rivalry. 

34 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

We have no rivalry with Clydebank so they'll be fine.

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I can only presume you’ve never attended an Airdrie v Ayr games as there is definitely a toxicity in the game that we don’t get against other teams. 

There’s toxicity in every game that Airdrie play. It’s more down to them than us. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

There’s toxicity in every game that Airdrie play. It’s more down to them than us. 

There may well be, I’ve never personally been to an Airdrie game not involving Ayr however there is an added toxicity when it’s us. Some of their fans blame Bill Barr and by extension Ayr United as being partly to blame for killing their club. 

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I can only presume you’ve never attended an Airdrie v Ayr games as there is definitely a toxicity in the game that we don’t get against other teams. 

You have to take a stand against fascists and there is a minority of their support who are in that category. Their own support don't hound them so it's down to us.

Edited by Trogdor

If it wasn't for a lovely Friday night out at some of the best pubs in Glasgow I'd be staying home for the Queen's Park game.  

They're problems seem to be* an inability to defend and a few too many inexperienced jobbers.  

Sound familiar?

Spoiler

*haven't looked right into it , just how it appears to me.  

Rivalries are either local or purely competitive. We have one local rival in Kilmarnock and we’ve had a few competitive rivalries over the years but they kinda die down once you stop playing them. 

I can feel tremendous dislike for a team without it being a rivalry. 

33 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Rivalries are either local or purely competitive. We have one local rival in Kilmarnock and we’ve had a few competitive rivalries over the years but they kinda die down once you stop playing them. 

I can feel tremendous dislike for a team without it being a rivalry. 

For me, Ayr v Kilmarnock is a derby. A rivalry is something that can come and go, for example while McCall was at Thistle we had a rivalry with them due to the circumstances in which he left. That’s probably subsided now though. 

45 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

If it wasn't for a lovely Friday night out at some of the best pubs in Glasgow I'd be staying home for the Queen's Park game.  

They're problems seem to be* an inability to defend and a few too many inexperienced jobbers.  

Sound familiar?

Reveal hidden contents

*haven't looked right into it , just how it appears to me.  

You can still go to the pubs and not to the game, and sit on pie and bovril flagging how much you're not going to the game. 

13 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

For me, Ayr v Kilmarnock is a derby. A rivalry is something that can come and go, for example while McCall was at Thistle we had a rivalry with them due to the circumstances in which he left. That’s probably subsided now though. 

Aye it’s subsided now that we’ve shipped 12 goals to them without response in the last three months or so. 

Killie is a derby yeah that’s what I meant.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

There may well be, I’ve never personally been to an Airdrie game not involving Ayr however there is an added toxicity when it’s us. Some of their fans blame Bill Barr and by extension Ayr United as being partly to blame for killing their club. 

The death of their club was entirely self-inflicted. They didn't need any help.

10 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

The death of their club was entirely self-inflicted. They didn't need any help.

We’ll happily take the credit for it though. Gives me immense joy knowing Ayr United had some part to play in their demise.