The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I like McKenzie, and feel he brings something to the team, but not enough and not what we need.

He doesn’t bring creativity, guile, speed, assists or goals.

He will be a nuisance and a very very slight foil for someone else, but surely Rose or Amartey starts in front of him?

Just now, AUFC 1910 said:

I like McKenzie, and feel he brings something to the team, but not enough and not what we need.

He doesn’t bring creativity, guile, speed, assists or goals.

He will be a nuisance and a very very slight foil for someone else, but surely Rose or Amartey starts in front of him?

Talk about damning with faint praise!!

9 minutes ago, Iain said:

Bullen probably thought the team were better with McKenzie on in the second half last week.

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I thought Bullen might have played Ahui today, He hasn't played after a half against Morton and 60 minutes against Falkirk. He's not up to speed and we will now throw him in to a game against Dunfermline in two weeks time giving the boy absolutely f**k all chance. 

McKenzie for rose, fair enough, Hopefully it will be Amartey that comes on for McKenzie in the second half. 

Rose is absolutely terrible, he can have no complaints about McKenzie playing in front of him IMO. Amartey on the other hand, most definitely can have complaints. Given Airdrie will likely have most of the possession, Amartey would have been an excellent option but Bullen hates him so… 

I don’t think Ahui will play next week, though that may depend on the Musonda injury. He has f**k all chance as he has terrible, he is a professional footballer who has been here for months. You can’t play him today just because of that. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think Ahui will play next week, though that may depend on the Musonda injury. He has f**k all chance as he has terrible, he is a professional footballer who has been here for months. You can’t play him today just because of that. 

McCallister is suspended and with Musondas history, he'll probably be out until December. 

Ahui has been written off after 100 minutes of football and we haven't given him any kind of run to prove or improve himself and he'll be away on new years day along with Young and Senga. 

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, I think a few folk have been listening to Bullen too much. At best last week we were due a draw at home to Raith. One of the best sides in the league and we competed with them. Tick tock...

#BGMOUT

That Raith were somewhat under strength seemed to pass a few by as well.

3 minutes ago, Nelson said:

That Raith were somewhat under strength seemed to pass a few by as well.

Aye, a centre mid at centre half and we put him under virtually no pressure until late on in the game. We should have been targeting him from the first minute.

5 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, I think a few folk have been listening to Bullen too much. At best last week we were due a draw at home to Raith. One of the best sides in the league and we competed with them. Tick tock...

#BGMOUT

Its more about the improvement, were we better than we have been all season in the last two games ? yes

Have Young and Syla been a better pair in midfield? has the return of Murphy been a good thing? 

To say there hasn't been an improvement is just bitter. I don't think Bullen has shown anything in the last two years to make me think he is a capable manager but I am willing to say that after a fair bit of a rebuild in the summer and losing Dipo, we have looked better in the last two weeks than we did at the start of the season. 

That somehow translates to some people as me saying - Lee Bullen is the messiah 

13 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

McCallister is suspended and with Musondas history, he'll probably be out until December. 

Ahui has been written off after 100 minutes of football and we haven't given him any kind of run to prove or improve himself and he'll be away on new years day along with Young and Senga. 

When you can’t even resemble a footballer, of course you are going to get written off. He has also played reserve games and in Moffat’s testimonial. 

He should never have been signed and the sooner he leaves the better - as it means we can actually sign someone. Hopefully they manage a competent one this time!

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Its more about the improvement, were we better than we have been all season in the last two games ? yes

Have Young and Syla been a better pair in midfield? has the return of Murphy been a good thing? 

To say there hasn't been an improvement is just bitter. I don't think Bullen has shown anything in the last two years to make me think he is a capable manager but I am willing to say that after a fair bit of a rebuild in the summer and losing Dipo, we have looked better in the last two weeks than we did at the start of the season. 

That somehow translates to some people as me saying - Lee Bullen is the messiah 

Improvement is meaningless unless it raises the team to or beyond the level of other teams in the division. That's yet to be seen.

Just now, Iain said:

Improvement is meaningless unless it raises the team to or beyond the level of other teams in the division. That's yet to be seen.

The bottom line is that we’re looking for 2 teams that are worse than us to avoid relegation.  Other than gubbing us, Morton look in a bad way.  I’m not sure who the other team might be, especially if Inverness get a Big Dunc bounce.  Lose today and we’re 9 points behind Airdrie…

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

When you can’t even resemble a footballer, of course you are going to get written off. He has also played reserve games and in Moffat’s testimonial. 

He should never have been signed and the sooner he leaves the better - as it means we can actually sign someone. Hopefully they manage a competent one this time!

He won a lot of tackles in the Falkirk and Celtic games, he likes to show the outside and then chase the player down with his pace. he seems to be totally fucked when someone squares up to him or cuts inside. 

But we will throw him in against Dunfermline, with the majority of fans thinking(perhaps knowing) he's a dud after playing 100 minutes of competitive football since May and he will most likely get hounded until we end up taking him off and replacing him with a midfielder.