The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

He hasn't got a clue.

Going on in that interview like we're sitting 3rd in the league and we're just going through our first wobble of the season where we've maybe lost our last 2 and not won in 3 games.

We've won 1 GAME in 11, WAKE UP

We've got the joint worst form in the league and btw just to say a full strength Arbroath would have beaten that lot yesterday. 

Fucking hell someone needs to knock some awareness into Bullen, Mathie and Smith...

11 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

He hasn't got a clue.

Going on in that interview like we're sitting 3rd in the league and we're just going through our first wobble of the season where we've maybe lost our last 2 and not won in 3 games.

We've got the joint worst form in the league and btw just to say a full strength Arbroath would have beaten that lot yesterday. 

Fucking hell someone needs to knock some awareness into Bullen, Mathie and Smith...

if he said what you you are suggesting he would be sacked, so he can hardly say anything other than what he has!!

But something has to change be it new manager or a coach, not sure bring players in at this time is a good idea unless you change manager or coach.

That’s incredible thats not been given as a penalty. Won’t see a more definite penalty not given this season. How you can then have the cheek to mention luck in your interview. Reeks of a man who knows he can say what he likes and it won’t matter.

5 minutes ago, Ayrmail said:

But something has to change be it new manager or a coach, not sure bring players in at this time is a good idea unless you change manager or coach.

Do you mean replace Bullen or add a coach to his backroom team? I think we are long past the later option, maybe five or six games ago I could understand that but not now. It might not auger well either, did they not do that with Kerr and sack him the very next game?

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Do you mean replace Bullen or add a coach to his backroom team? I think we are long past the later option, maybe five or six games ago I could understand that but not now. It might not auger well either, did they not do that with Kerr and sack him the very next game?

Any change would be a plus to be fair.  Removing the manger would seem to be the more practical option.

it must be incredibly difficult considering the length of time the last 3 have had to be looking again for a manager , something has to happen though. 

59 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

He hasn't got a clue.

Five draws though. Although I accept it's not great.

Edited by Caledonian

8 minutes ago, Ayrmail said:

Any change would be a plus to be fair.  Removing the manger would seem to be the more practical option.

it must be incredibly difficult considering the length of time the last 3 have had to be looking again for a manager , something has to happen though. 

I get that it's a difficult decision but the reality couldn't be starker.

If we fail to beat Arbroath a week on Tuesday we will have gone a third of the league season with one win. That's not even remotely close to being acceptable.

Edit to add:

Ultimately, Mark Kerr was sacked for less by the same Chairman. That's where we are at now. What wasn't acceptable 4/5 years ago is now.

Edited by Trogdor

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Ultimately, Mark Kerr was sacked for less by the same Chairman. That's where we are at now. What wasn't acceptable 4/5 years ago is now.

True, but Mathie is the one paid to make that judgment now. 

1:  Mathie jettisons Bullen, and we stay up - happy days.

2: Mathie keeps Bullen and we stay up - bye bye Bullen in the summer.

3: Mathie keeps Bullen and we go down, bye bye Bullen & Mathie.

3: Mathie jettisons Bullen, and we still go down - everybody goes and Smith starts again 

7 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

1:  Mathie jettisons Bullen, and we stay up - happy days.

2: Mathie keeps Bullen and we stay up - bye bye Bullen in the summer.

3: Mathie keeps Bullen and we go down, bye bye Bullen & Mathie.

3: Mathie jettisons Bullen, and we still go down - everybody goes and Smith starts again 

I disagree on your second point 3.  The rest 👍

21 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I disagree on your second point 3.  The rest 👍

I honestly think that no matter what happens, Bullen will at least be offered a new contract.

If they were going to get rid of him based on performance and results he'd have been gone by now.

Relegation will set us back years and must be avoided at all costs. At what point do Smith and Mathie want to acknowledge that our form is prime relegation material and that our manager is unable to change that? Bad runs of results under this manager are not a new thing, but are a recurring theme. The fact that there has previously been brief upturns in results between bad runs does not excuse that.