The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, Iain said:

I see people saying Brown will either be a triumph or a disaster on the field, but I think you're all completely underestimating the possibility of things just being ok indefinitely.

If his management style is anything like his playing style then it'll be one or the other.

Just now, Tommy_ayr said:

Why are we in the Celtic circle now?

Because i guy called Desmond broke the Bullen sacking news and we've got an ex celtic legend currently at the club so putting 2+2 together to get inevitably 6 

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

If his management style is anything like his playing style then it'll be one or the other.

Why? 

His playing style in his early days was very much high energy, in your face style with driving runs and being quite fun to watch from what I remember in his early Scotland days. 

As he got older he was far more reserved and obviously excelled under Rogers as a more ball playing defensive midfielder. Within that, he was obviously the Jamie Adams style b*****d in your team that won his battles and set the standard. 

This article is basically what you love to see opposition fans saying after games. As long as you have a little quality too of course. 

It probably won’t even be him anyway. 

IMG_2629.png

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Why? 

His playing style in his early days was very much high energy, in your face style with driving runs and being quite fun to watch from what I remember in his early Scotland days. 

As he got older he was far more reserved and obviously excelled under Rogers as a more ball playing defensive midfielder. Within that, he was obviously the Jamie Adams style b*****d in your team that won his battles and set the standard. 

This article is basically what you love to see opposition fans saying after games. As long as you have a little quality too of course. 

It probably won’t even be him anyway. 

IMG_2629.png

Meant in respect more of the type of person he is, obviously has high standards (which isn't a bad thing) and a lot of drive and commitment. Just not sure how well that would transfer to Championship level players and how they would react to that.

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Meant in respect more of the type of person he is, obviously has high standards (which isn't a bad thing) and a lot of drive and commitment. Just not sure how well that would transfer to Championship level players and how they would react to that.

Ahh okay - we have a pretty young squad and obviously most of our older guys have played at very good levels so that would definitely be okay with our current squad. 

As always, all about the recruitment! 

25 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Because i guy called Desmond broke the Bullen sacking news and we've got an ex celtic legend currently at the club so putting 2+2 together to get inevitably 6 

Aiden McGeady isn’t considered a Celtic legend surely? 

2 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

We could start doing a huddle. The reaction would be absolutely hilarious. 

Some of our fans are booing our captain for getting an award today, imagine the rage if we did a huddle? 

10 minutes ago, Only me... said:

Some of our fans are booing our captain for getting an award today, imagine the rage if we did a huddle? 

We did a huddle against Stirling Albion but because McCall.was manager it was without incident.  

10 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm not too sure how I feel about this... more importantly has our man on the inside confirmed it?

I don't think the interviews have even taken place yet.