The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, davidkennedyshand said:

My favourite Duncan George "tackle" was on Tony Rougier. We were 1 down and Rougier was just gliding by everyone with the ball with ease. Until Duncan went in with what looked like a waist high tackle. Rougier was fine but never went by anyone for the rest of the game. 

Jim Dick booting Gary Holt into the Killie dugout was also a personal favourite 

Duncan George broke Terry Hurlocks ribs and Trevor Steven’s toe in the Rangers game. 
We played Celtic in the league cup when Stainrod was manager, John Burrage walked out of the club the night before the game after shipping 15 goals in 3 games preseason. 
It was in the morning paper that if they didn’t get a loan keeper, Stainrod would be in goal. 
Celtic never had a sniff all game and Duncan George dominated the midfield before dislocating his shoulder twatting (I think, John Collins) we lost 2-0 in the end, Andreas Thom scored on his debut for Celtic. 

8 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Clearly all the money went on Brown as soon as it was up as he's now favourite.

Brown shortening to 4/6 favourite is a significant move at this stage, but not over yet.

Random question with all the manager stuff going on etc but have the club said where the main camera would be placed for TV games next season? Surely they would want to show off the new stand so would have the camera in the main stand 

1 minute ago, AllySloan said:

Random question with all the manager stuff going on etc but have the club said where the main camera would be placed for TV games next season? Surely they would want to show off the new stand so would have the camera in the main stand 

Always quite difficult to have the main TV camera and personnel infront of the main stand without obstructing the view for lots of folk. I think the angle that is used for highlights would be considered too low for TV coverage.

14 hours ago, itzdrk said:

If it wasn't gonna be a TV game I'd drag myself along but since I can still watch it without breathing the same air as fascists it is an easy choice. 

Sorry I don't understand u lot, there's a chance to go to a ground that's never really on ur radar so why not, imagine the players running out and seeing 1500 or 2000 Ayr fans what a lift, and what a day it would be if you lot pull it off you would never forget it, I remember watching Killie in the early 80s bottom of the old 2nd division never in my dreams would I have thought I'd see us score at Ibrox never mind win, take ur allocation because if you don't it's more for them go and sing your heart's out let them know Ur there u might just help Ayr to a result that no one expects. And of course Killie can pump you in the next round.

20 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We played Celtic in the league cup when Stainrod was manager, John Burrage walked out of the club the night before the game after shipping 15 goals in 3 games preseason. 
It was in the morning paper that if they didn’t get a loan keeper, Stainrod would be in goal. 
Celtic never had a sniff all game and Duncan George dominated the midfield before dislocating his shoulder twatting (I think, John Collins) we lost 2-0 in the end, Andreas Thom scored on his debut for Celtic. 

That match was before my time as a fan (I'd have only been 3 or 4 years old), but I inherited a big stack of old matchday programmes from my Papa and that is one of them.

3 hours ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Would have loved to see the big Fermer absolutely bulldozing that wee c*nt Cantwell in the upcoming cup tie.

Well done - my thought for the day sorted.

3 minutes ago, Killiefaewell said:

Sorry I don't understand u lot, there's a chance to go to a ground that's never really on ur radar so why not, imagine the players running out and seeing 1500 or 2000 Ayr fans what a lift, and what a day it would be if you lot pull it off you would never forget it, I remember watching Killie in the early 80s bottom of the old 2nd division never in my dreams would I have thought I'd see us score at Ibrox never mind win, take ur allocation because if you don't it's more for them go and sing your heart's out let them know Ur there u might just help Ayr to a result that no one expects. And of course Killie can pump you in the next round.

While I understand the sentiment and I will probably be at the game, I can completely understand supporters from any club in Scotland not wanting to have to listen to all their bile and hatred. Never had a nice experience there.

6 minutes ago, Killiefaewell said:

I know it'll be hard to grasp as they are your big team but it's a horrible place to go for a number of reasons.  I've been going to football matches for a long time and I now pick and choose what I am going to based on what will be a good day out, this will not be one.  

1 minute ago, AuAl said:

While I understand the sentiment and I will probably be at the game, I can completely understand supporters from any club in Scotland not wanting to have to listen to all their bile and hatred. Never had a nice experience there.

I totally understand and agree with you but make it Ur day sing and shout support Ur team feck them.

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

I know it'll be hard to grasp as they are your big team but it's a horrible place to go for a number of reasons.  I've been going to football matches for a long time and I now pick and choose what I am going to based on what will be a good day out, this will not be one.  

Ok I can see the comedy in Ur reply I hate going to the two OF grounds but I've seen us win their when no one expected it so why not I lot.

22 minutes ago, Killiefaewell said:

Sorry I don't understand u lot, there's a chance to go to a ground that's never really on ur radar so why not

It's one of the worst grounds in the country location-wise (a grim, silent march from stab central into the middle of nowhere) and Ayr get drawn against them one year in three anyway. The last game, most of the away support was still stuck in a massive pile-up to get in by the time Forrest scored, which was more than ten minutes in. That's leaving aside the experience of being in a zoo that's run by the animals.

27 minutes ago, AllySloan said:

I'm sure there's a dedicate pod now, but it would be funny to send Sky Sports up some rickety skaffolding gantry in gale force winds again.

Edited by Thumper

My last experience of Ibrox was when the whole of the front part of the stand was for away fans, spent the game seeing stuff getting chucked from the upper section, had to listen to the songbook. 
We lost a goal where the referee was in the Ayr wall pushing it back when Gascoigne hit a free kick early, somehow it stood. 
After the game, spent the journey from the ground to the bus with Rangers fans ungraciously celebrating beating a part time club like a Cup final win, despite one of their players transfer fees being enough to cover Ayrs playing budget for a decade. 
Did not enjoy. ⭐️ one star.

I see Cammy Kerr has been made available from Dundee.  Wonder if we would be interested, really experienced defender in a position we are crying out for improvement.  Send Ahui back and bring him in would be a massive improvement.  Whether he'd be willing to drop down/travel would be an issue.

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I see Cammy Kerr has been made available from Dundee.  Wonder if we would be interested, really experienced defender in a position we are crying out for improvement.  Send Ahui back and bring him in would be a massive improvement.  Whether he'd be willing to drop down/travel would be an issue.

Scott Burns yesterday suggested that Inverness were in for him on loan, so dropping down might not be an issue. 

3 hours ago, AuAl said:

The big fermer did that to Morelos the last time we were up there. Was very pleasing. Morelos was then booked for complaining about it.

Just another reason to love the big fermer.