The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

My fear is that it's Neil Lennon 🫤

He’s been on a downward spiral for a while but is hugely Experienced, there aren’t many managers who have beaten that Barcelona team that would drop in to Ayrs market. 

Him dropping in to Ayrs market might mean he is yesterdays man and should stick to punditry or like McCall, he has a point to prove that he still has something to offer after a while out the game. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He’s been on a downward spiral for a while but is hugely Experienced, there aren’t many managers who have beaten that Barcelona team that would drop in to Ayrs market. 

Him dropping in to Ayrs market might mean he is yesterdays man and should stick to punditry or like McCall, he has a point to prove that he still has something to offer after a while out the game. 

Any relationship Lennon has with his respective boards usually becomes toxic after about 6 months.

2 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Any relationship Lennon has with his respective boards usually becomes toxic after about 6 months.

I’d hope the club would do due diligence but I’m not arsed about hiring him either way. 

On Brown the one thing I keep coming back to is that he would no doubt view us as a stepping stone. Which probably wouldn't be a bad thing given he's clearly a highly driven individual. Of the managers we think are still in the frame he probably stands out as the one who would be able to drive things off the field as well. If we can get 3-4 years out of him and he leaves us in a good position to move onto a bigger club (Hibs for example) then I'd be quite happy as he clearly would have been a success. 

4 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

On Brown the one thing I keep coming back to is that he would no doubt view us as a stepping stone. Which probably wouldn't be a bad thing given he's clearly a highly driven individual. Of the managers we think are still in the frame he probably stands out as the one who would be able to drive things off the field as well. If we can get 3-4 years out of him and he leaves us in a good position to move onto a bigger club (Hibs for example) then I'd be quite happy as he clearly would have been a success. 

He’ll promote us to the Premiership, Hibs will get relegated, and he’ll leave us for them. True Robbie Neilson style.

I think Scott Brown could be good for both Brown and AUFC. I think he will be highly motivated to make a success of the job. If successful he will move on to a bigger club but he will have raised our profile and turned us into either a Premier League club or a club that regularly reaches the play offs for the SPL. That prospect excites me although I think he might move on within 2 to 3 years max as he will want to manage at the highest level.
We are simply speculating at the moment and have no evidence proving Scott Brown has been offered the job but I am warming to the idea.

8 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

There's nothing wrong with having ambition. You won't get far in many professions without it. 

If he comes in for a few years, improves things on the pitch and moves on with the club in a better place than when he took over then that's a job well done IMO. 

Lets be honest any player or manger who comes to us will want to use us as a stepping stone and that's fine because if other teams are looking at them it's because they have done a good job, Maybe one for Duncan Carmichael but who's the last manager to have been poached before McCall possibly Ally when he went to Aberdeen?

You are correct it would be Ally as apart from Alex Stuart, Ian McCall, Gordon Dalziel and Lee Bullen none of the rest were successful. Gordon Dalziel imo was successful as he had Bill Barr’s money and had an excellent coach in Iain Munro and latterly Frank Connor to assist him.

1 minute ago, Stan Quinn said:

You are correct it would be Ally as apart from Alex Stuart, Ian McCall, Gordon Dalziel and Lee Bullen none of the rest were successful. Gordon Dalziel imo was successful as he had Bill Barr’s money and had an excellent coach in Iain Munro and latterly Frank Connor to assist him.

I'd say Brian Reid was successful. 

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

As a young boy I thought Dalziel was successful but as you get older you realise what could have been done with Barr's money with a better manger he also turned out to be a bit of a p***k as well.

I remember wondering why Scotland never appointed him instead of Berti Vogts.

Gordon Dalziel fell out with everyone eventually.

Except Bill Barr sadly, who should have emptied him on any number of occasions.  I guess that demonstrates the perils of having a relationship with a manager that is too personal and not professional.  I make that point for no particular reason…

25 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Lets be honest any player or manger who comes to us will want to use us as a stepping stone and that's fine because if other teams are looking at them it's because they have done a good job, Maybe one for Duncan Carmichael but who's the last manager to have been poached before McCall possibly Ally when he went to Aberdeen?

Ally to Motherwell is the answer.

4 minutes ago, Caledonian said:

Ally to Motherwell is the answer.

Yep, it took 40 years to find another manager who was successful enough to be wanted by another team.  Pretty remarkable really.

Just watched our version of the highlights. We should have won that by 6 or 7. Chalmers needs to work on his finishing, and I can’t believe that Bryden missed his chance, he’ll be gutted.