The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

In an ideal world we’d get a CB, LB, RB, CM, ST. Given it’s the last week of the transfer window I don’t see us getting all that so may need to settle for 2/3. 

9 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Considering he’s had exactly one season of management, not sure how anybody can be confident of success or failure tbh.

Then again, Lee Bullen finished 2nd and was still largely mocked and derided so who even knows what counts as success for Ayr fans.

1 win in 11

4 home wins in a calendar yet

Not that, now off you f**k

8 hours ago, Ayr23 said:

She asked good questions, just needs to work on how she puts them across. I’m sure it was McCall who eventually managed to get Somerset Boab out the door, albeit he wasn’t the stadium announcer, he was supposedly wanting access all areas. So there’s hope Brown can help us to look more professional!

Aye, our resident superfan took a massive strop because McCall didn't allow him to just wander in and out the dressing room at will and as a result, 'The Boaby' ended up missing out on watching our best team for 2 decades.

Last night, we made a double substitution, one player jogged off from the middle of the park, new player on. Board went up for the second substitution, player jogs from the centre of the park, new player comes on. 
I wondered why there was no announcement and looked at the touchline. It looked like he was out with a pen and paper, writing the name down of the subs. He did the announcement once play resumed. 

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Last night, we made a double substitution, one player jogged off from the middle of the park, new player on. Board went up for the second substitution, player jogs from the centre of the park, new player comes on. 
I wondered why there was no announcement and looked at the touchline. It looked like he was out with a pen and paper, writing the name down of the subs. He did the announcement once play resumed. 

I ended up checking who went off/came on on my phone, he made a right erse of the whole thing

Will be interesting to see the kind of player who will come in now.  Would imagine Saturday would be too soon.  Suppose loan market will be in to February as well.  In an ideal world, my wish list would be Cammy Kerr (RB and covers LB), centre back and centre mid.  If a forward can be brought in as well that's a bonus.

The stream audio didn’t work for 75% of the game (probably a blessing as it meant not listening to Callum or hearing Boab on the tannoy)  we do need to improve that side of things if we are streaming as it’s shockingly bad. It might encourage people to actually buy the streams if it improves. If I was a fan of another club I wouldn’t bother buying it 

8 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Brown is an interesting appointment, hopefully his name and reputation will get the most out of the players over the next few weeks and he can put his stamp on the team. A win on Saturday and even the biggest Bullen fans will have forgotten about him. 

It is important for some of the support to realise that we have signed Scott Brown the rookie manager and not Scott Brown the Celtic player. The brief chorus of you'll never walk alone was tragic and rightly boo'd He needs to impress the support and the support need to back him, not tickle his baws with that kind of stuff. No huddle, no YNWA. He needs to carve a new career away from that and we don't want to become a tribute act. 

Last week, McGinty and Smith were boo'd and then Bryden. This week it was the woman doing the half time draw. I am missing the memos on this. The f**k is going on ?

Thought the three who played up front tonight were poor, we were much better in midfield and the back line rarely put a foot wrong, Albinson had a couple of brain farts again, including a full length two handed save two feet outside the 18 yard box that he got away with. Syla stepped in to Youngs shoes and covered every blade of grass. Dempsey is improving every game. 

Still a huge amount of improvement needed but we drew in the same circumstances last week which takes the pressure off slightly and hopefully there is some kind of bounce having a huge name in the door. 

I thought Albinson used his chest from my position in the stand, it looked like excellent if unorthodox goalkeeping to me. 

17 minutes ago, Peil said:

I ended up checking who went off/came on on my phone, he made a right erse of the whole thing

I mean it's not as if this is the core part of his job or anything.

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

The stream audio didn’t work for 75% of the game (probably a blessing as it meant not listening to Callum or hearing Boab on the tannoy)  we do need to improve that side of things if we are streaming as it’s shockingly bad. It might encourage people to actually buy the streams if it improves. If I was a fan of another club I wouldn’t bother buying it 

The levels on the weekend's stream were so fucked that turning it off is basically a public health requirement. Nobody should be this inept at a job they've had for years.

Edited by Thumper

The stand was visibly emptier than usual from where I was standing, it probably felt like more if you were in there but there were a lot of spare seats that would usually be taken and the Family Stand was pretty deserted

34 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I was behind the dugout first half and stand the second, 1500 minimum as like you say SRE was quite busy and so was the stand.

There's an electronic ticketing system? There is no advantage to anyone for the club to understate the crowd?

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

There's an electronic ticketing system? There is no advantage to anyone for the club to understate the crowd?

The centre portion of the stand was busy, but most of them would be press, comps and season ticket holders. The family stand and the away section were almost empty. 
In the Somerset road end, most folk moved from the front, back the way due to the rain coming in so it might have been more compacted rather than busy.