The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I had a look at Kelly at Livingston in the hope that he’s kicking about on the bench but according to Wikipedia, hes been playing regularly. 

I’d prefer to sign someone outright as it’ll give us continuity next season and means it’s business we don’t have to try to do in the summer.

Signing Chalmers and Dowds now would mean it would be potentially 2 more loans we could make domestically. 

Hearts were trying to offload Smith permanently. His move to England was a loan to be made permanent, which then fell through - possibly because of financial issues, can’t completely remember. 

That would be an excellent bit of business, however unlikely. 

1 hour ago, ComradeDiego said:

Think he was always gonny go to a club up that neck of the woods.

Would have been a decent signing 

Ayr closer to Dundee than what Inverness is, but would imagine this has been in the pipeline for a while.

59 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Rocco Vata would be a realistic loan I guess but Celtic have a lot of injuries in that position so it’s unlikely. Hopefully there will be a few players in the premier looking to go, Livingston must be due a fire sale to get some better players in, same with Ross County 

Not really a position we need, sure he is a winger.  

Presuming it is the 4231 we will end up playing then looking at depth of squad*:

----------

Gk - Albinson, Mutch

RB - Ahui, McCalister, Watret

LB  - Reading, McGinty, Musonda

CB - Stanger, McGinty, Musonda, McCalister 

CM - Dempsey, Syla, Smith, Donnelly Murdoch 

LAM - Murphy, Amartey, McGeady, McKenzie 

RAM - Chalmers, McGeady, Amartey Tomlinson, McKenzie

CAM - McGeady, Murphy, Chalmers

ST - Dowds, Rose, McKenzie, Bryden, Amartey 

---------

We need another centre mid as the priority, probably one to start games.  We need a CAM as we don't actually have anyone adequate to play there. 

We are ok for cover everywhere else except left back, so any third signing should either be someone a little bit different or someone to come in that can do a competent job at left back.  

Edited by itzdrk

48 minutes ago, Iain said:

Are we playing Fantasy Loan Targets again? This never ends well.

It does seem reminiscent of loans we were possibly going to get during the Burnley "partnership".

Think the only loans from that "partnership" happened in football manager.

9 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

It does seem reminiscent of loans we were possibly going to get during the Burnley "partnership".

Think the only loans from that "partnership" happened in football manager.

Nah they loaned us their colours for the famous third kit

31 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Ayr closer to Dundee than what Inverness is, but would imagine this has been in the pipeline for a while.

He played through the middle in Moffs testimonial, that and he is Rudi Vatas son are the only things I know about him. 

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Are we playing Fantasy Loan Targets again? This never ends well.

Ahh, what else is there to do other than speculate on Brown’s contacts and who could be sent out on loan! Just like being a sports journalist really. Might get one right eventually… 

33 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Pretty sure Scott Burns mentioned about a week - 10 days ago that Inverness were trying to land him, so they've probably been asking the question since the start of the month atleast. 

6 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Mark Helm and Anthony Gomez Mancini absolute legends.

Gomez Mancini was eventually released and is now playing in the fifth tier. If Hartlepool get relegated he's right back on the radar.

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Rocco Vata would be a realistic loan I guess but Celtic have a lot of injuries in that position so it’s unlikely. Hopefully there will be a few players in the premier looking to go, Livingston must be due a fire sale to get some better players in, same with Ross County 

Stephen Bradley is quality spoke about him before he would be quality another guy that needs games to get involved in U21 team again would be a decent loan

6 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Hopefully whilst we have some peace, what is the general consensus around the positions and number of players we'll be looking to bring in? My assumption (pessimist in my view) is we'll land with something around the £450-550k from gate receipts, prize money and tv money. 

I reckon from that it is probably worth 5 or 6 decent quality players over half a season (if we are going all in on survival and based upon who's left so far) between loans and free/nominal transfers. We absolutely need to address LB and RB given the lack of cover and general weakness in those areas. With Brown mentioning additional firepower up top, my guess is a strike partner for Dowds and maybe a wide man and an attacking mid? 

Hopefully that would let Bryden get out on loan for some much needed game time and confidence.  

Will be closer to £300/£350k

1 hour ago, .buzzy01 said:

Just watched Mitch meets Andy Walker. Don’t think Andy was a fan of Mr Dalziel.

I don’t think anyone did.  Of the team that season, players like Andy Millen and John Davies also walked away.  A couple of seasons earlier, guys like Duncan George did likewise.  Probably because he was an utter fraud who kept being bailed out by Bill Barr.  What a real manager could have done with that money we’ll never know.