The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I think we'll be making the journey to Glasgow ☺️

It's one of those things that I've had for my entirety, the 'What if?' scenario. I've been to many many many Rangers/Sevco Games over the years, in hope that Ayr could beat them. Attending every time they play in the off chance Ayr win and I'm there, couldn't forgive myself if I wasn't in attendance for such an event.

I had my son ask me if we could go because he believes Ayr can do it, Believes Ayr can pip them. He's only 8, so it is forgivable....

I've spent the last 26 years with the same hope and it's never came true. This boy has been to ten Ayr games: W-0 D-3 L-7, so imagine if it happened 😏 absolute Scenes!

It would be a nice thing to happen, if anything, we will always have hope.

Auchinleck Academy was 99% Rangers, 0.5% Celtic, <0.1% Ayr

Mauchline is the same.

My work is the same.

I’ve stomached watching us get beat off Talbot and various scuddings by these mutants. I’ll stomach another one just out of fear of not being there if we ever did beat them.

As someone said up a bit, it’s nice to look round and know that you were never sucked into their scummy ways. I’ve even managed to convert an ex-fairweather h*n into an Ayr fan who absolutely loves following them about and will be in the away end next Saturday.

Mon the Broon.

IMG_5933.jpeg.8ef2017feaf1666073f0b7e9bde36e26.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Proper Soviet era style building. Sadly missed.

A real architectural shithouse in a sea of modern flat-pack Lego school buildings.

Just now, AyrAtlanta said:

A real architectural shithouse in a sea of modern flat-pack Lego school buildings.

The Techie block, the dining halls and the music block/assembly hall all looked like they were added on as an afterthought. 

4 hours ago, AUcal said:

While obviously the above is tongue in cheek and would be a complete other level

People blow their own limbs off accidentally in Scottish coal mining villages with improvised explosives on about a weekly basis.

4 hours ago, Scott-ish said:

The last thing I want is to be at an Ayr game with either folk who have Ayr as their 'wee team' or Celtic fans just there to noise up Rangers.

A non-trivial percentage of most clubs' normal home crowds would be up the road if they could get tickets. This isn't even a Scottish thing.

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

The Techie block, the dining halls and the music block/assembly hall all looked like they were added on as an afterthought. 

Auchinleck has had more school shootings per capita than probably 90% of American schools come to think of it. True story.

Auchinleck has had more school shootings per capita than probably 90% of American schools come to think of it. True story.

I had left by then but remember that being reported as a breaking news story on the news channels. Was it not a BB gun or something?

1 hour ago, Oceanlineayr said:

I'm one of those who'd f*cking love it if we beat those mutants, but I don't have the bravery to venture to that cesspit of a stadium and pay money to hear bile and poisonous chants for 2+hours (this applies to the other bigot cheek as well)

Also heard too many horror stories about the various missiles people have been pelted with.

To anyone who is going I applaud your bravery. 👍⚫⚪

It's not fucking Beirut mate. 

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I had left by then but remember that being reported as a breaking news story on the news channels. Was it not a BB gun or something?

3 times. 2011 was the one you’re probably on about that was the worst. 2016 there was a drive by with a BB gun for a laugh I think but the boy got done. 2019 was a junkie who’d had enough of the abuse at lunch off the weans and leaned out her window with one and started blasting.

3 times. 2011 was the one you’re probably on about that was the worst. 2016 there was a drive by with a BB gun for a laugh I think but the boy got done. 2019 was a junkie who’d had enough of the abuse at lunch off the weans and leaned out her window with one and started blasting.

f**k sake I'd not heard about the other two.

44 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Auchinleck Academy was 99% Rangers, 0.5% Celtic, <0.1% Ayr

Mauchline is the same.

My work is the same.

I’ve stomached watching us get beat off Talbot and various scuddings by these mutants. I’ll stomach another one just out of fear of not being there if we ever did beat them.

As someone said up a bit, it’s nice to look round and know that you were never sucked into their scummy ways. I’ve even managed to convert an ex-fairweather h*n into an Ayr fan who absolutely loves following them about and will be in the away end next Saturday.

Mon the Broon.

IMG_5933.jpeg.8ef2017feaf1666073f0b7e9bde36e26.jpeg

More Celtic than that and certainty more Killie than Dabs. 

1 hour ago, Oceanlineayr said:

I'm one of those who'd f*cking love it if we beat those mutants, but I don't have the bravery to venture to that cesspit of a stadium and pay money to hear bile and poisonous chants for 2+hours (this applies to the other bigot cheek as well)

Also heard too many horror stories about the various missiles people have been pelted with.

To anyone who is going I applaud your bravery. 👍⚫⚪

It’s really not that bad, feartie. Imagine letting that lot bully you. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Why not take your half and half scarf?

Edited by Rugbypark

5 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

More Celtic than that and certainty more Killie than Dabs. 

4 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

It’s really not that bad, feartie. Imagine letting that lot bully you. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Why not take your half and half scarf?

1 minute ago, Rugbypark said:

Far more **** in Ayr than Killie. I suppose the total lack of success doesn’t help. 

IMG_5945.thumb.jpeg.9af50cb547329f47e9fbac0c27350840.jpeg

The only "missiles" I've seen at Ibrox was a bit of a pie and a quarter of a cup of coke.

It is usually quite funny looking up at the gammon faces who look down upon you like they haven't seen humans before.

You feel like you are in your own wee stand at that corner, but we will probably have a section of the Broomloan stand as well is we sell out or more, as I think that wee triangle only holds 1,000 IIRC

I'm looking forward to the gaffer and the players coming over to applaud us after the final whistle.

For those home fans that are left at that point (usually less than 30% by all accounts) they will be seething as he graces a happy hunting ground for him once again.