The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

It's another body in the door at least, although our track level of loan signings from that level doesn't give me much hope he'll he any improvement on the ones we have sent back a couple of weeks ago.   

Time will tell though and good luck to the lad - really hope he is here to improve the standard of the starting XI and not just to beef the squad back up a bit 

Edited by Hursty

26 minutes ago, Hursty said:

It's another body in the door at least, although our track level of loan signings from that level doesn't give me much hope he'll he any improvement on the ones we have sent back a couple of weeks ago.  

Two full tiers up from our usual National League hunting ground. Browns wee pal Maloney wouldn't send us up a dud. I've got faith.

7 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

Two full tiers up from our usual National League hunting ground. Browns wee pal Maloney wouldn't send us up a dud. I've got faith.

Was thinking that myself.  It’s too important for Brown to get the first few through the door right, and be able to work to his philosophy and style.

We went quite early deadline day wise for that one, maybe we will get something else!

It seems he just replaces Young and Senga so still work to be done to actually improve the team. 

Edited by No_Problemo

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

The bit in the middle of the park seldom utilised by previous managers.

Our previous managers much more preferred to just hoof the ball over the middle of park.

It prevented our opponents getting a competitive advantage.

I don’t think it’s Ayr’s fault exactly, but just the shape of the player market nowadays that it is so extraordinarily hard to sign actual experienced players who have a proven track record at our level.  

Quite a few fans of teams in the league above us are complaining about a lack of signings - think this has an impact on the likes of us as there will be fewer "one -in, one-out" type changes.