The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

58 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

I seem to remember us signing some keeper from the juniors who came on for his pro debut as about 40 years of age in a cup game.

Would’ve been in the Connor, Roberts or Reid days.

Eric Phillips against Inverness in 2006 was 36.

48 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Eric Phillips against Inverness in 2006 was 36.

That’s the one! His first touch was picking the ball out the net from a penalty.

Must’ve been Mark McGeown who got sent off.

Edited by Hazbart

12 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

Anyone remember how many budgie played for us. He was a character but can’t mind if was any good. Was also about 50 when he played for us 😂

I think I remember him signing around the same time as Henry Smith but don’t think he ever actually played.

16 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

That’s the one! His first touch was picking the ball out the net from a penalty.

It was. He took the ICT player out as they squared the ball for a tap in.

IIRC it was quite early in the game.

6 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

I think I remember him signing around the same time as Henry Smith but don’t think he ever actually played.

Combined age of about 88 the 2 of them, could have sworn I remember him playing at least once.

Edited by malkyshotton

1 hour ago, Hazbart said:

Nope, Dougie Ramsay went in nets for the penalty.

Mark McGeown took the player down and was red carded, Dougie Ramsay went in nets and conceded the penalty, they brought the other keeper on after that. Lost the game 2-0. Craig Brown was in the hospitality. Craig Conway was probably the best player in what was a very poor game.

Edited by Roxanne's man

1 hour ago, malkyshotton said:

Anyone remember how many budgie played for us. He was a character but can’t mind if was any good. Was also about 50 when he played for us 😂

He signed in the summer and played in the pre-season friendlies, he conceded a huge amount of goals, think it was 15 in 3 games then quitting the club on the Friday evening before a league cup game against Celtic so I don’t think he never actually played a competitive game. 
We signed Billy Lamont who always played a blinder against us for Cowdenbeath, he played in the Celtic game but I can’t remember who came in after that. 

39 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Mark McGeown took the player down and was red carded, Dougie Ramsay went in nets and conceded the penalty, they brought the other keeper on after that. Lost the game 2-0. Craig Brown was in the hospitality. Craig Conway was probably the best player in what was a very poor game.

Why would they wait until after the penalty to bring on a keeper? 😀

43 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

According to the match report, Phillips came on a minute before Dargo scored, so I think you may be wrong.

1A88CF63-01E8-4C27-87A7-37F1633EF053.jpeg

43 minutes ago, Iain said:

Why would they wait until after the penalty to bring on a keeper? 😀

Ah, Mum to the rescue again.

Ramsay put the gloves on for the penalty before they brought on that keeper for Varielle.

Long time ago, I only remember certain things in a loss 😂

39 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

According to the match report, Phillips came on a minute before Dargo scored, so I think you may be wrong.

1A88CF63-01E8-4C27-87A7-37F1633EF053.jpeg

I am wrong 😂 apologies. Mum put me right 🙄 (Early days of going to Somerset with your mum)

'Dougie put Mark McGeown's goalie gloves on, as McGeown stormed towards the dressing room. The substitution took roughly two minutes, as I'm sure they didn't know who to take off, leaving Dougie standing in the nets like a wee plonker. To be honest son, Dougie would have been as well staying in the nets as that keeper was howling.'

- Roxanne's Mother in law.

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Just checking, is stanger suspended for the game at the weekend? 

anyone else think we could go 5 at the back? 

I believe so, and no chance of an appeal as it's 2 yellows iirc