The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Nelson said:

Just not interested in a fanboy argument.  If Brown can work out how to get the best out of Chalmers then great.  But he hasn’t kicked a ball for Dundee Utd in 2 seasons and sank without trace on loan at Tranmere.  Perhaps there are issues there which need to be addressed if he is to fulfil his potential.

It’s not a fanboy argument though. Chalmers didn’t get much of a kick today but his substitution was more tactical than performance based. 

I thought that was a decent performance today. They were always going to have more of the ball and the majority of play. I feared the worst when we conceded so early but the team stuck to the task.

I believe you can see the difference versus Bullen. I think we're on an upward trajectory. I still worry about McAllister at right back and would like to see someone else brought in.

I thought our fans were magnificent, singing throughout! Well done all.

A proud honest man. 👏 

5 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Just not interested in a fanboy argument.  If Brown can work out how to get the best out of Chalmers then great.  But he hasn’t kicked a ball for Dundee Utd in 2 seasons and sank without trace on loan at Tranmere.  Perhaps there are issues there which need to be addressed if he is to fulfil his potential.

Take a step back and stop trying to defend a daft position. You’re now trying to double down on a position you said you weren’t at 2 posts ago. 

no one said Chalmers was the second coming. They said he did ok. You have now gone from, I’m a fan of Chalmers to, no wonder Dundee United loaned out the useless c**t within an hour. 

6 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I’m not sure why you are resorting to childish stuff like “fanboy” tbh. I literally discussed the very obvious tactical reason he was subbed. 

Of course he has plenty to work on, but it doesn’t mean people should over correct and make nonsense assertions such as him not working or tracking back today. He did well defensively a few times early on, when McAllister was being roasted. 

7 minutes ago, Nelson said:

The boy has talent - but defensively you always play a man down with him in the side, that’s why despite his talent he won’t play at a higher level 

Just now, Its not only a game said:

The boy has talent - but defensively you always play a man down with him in the side, that’s why despite his talent he won’t play at a higher level 

He is 23 years old!!!!

Just now, Trogdor said:

I thought that was a decent performance today. They were always going to have more of the ball and the majority of play. I feared the worst when we conceded so early but the team stuck to the task.

I believe you can see the difference versus Bullen. I think we're on an upward trajectory. I still worry about McAllister at right back and would like to see someone else brought in.

I thought our fans were magnificent, singing throughout! Well done all.

A proud honest man. 👏 

When McCall took over from Roberts, the results didn’t immediately improve but we just looked better. 
We are doing a lot of things right under Brown than we did before under Bullen but still making a lot of individual mistakes. A bit more coaching and a few more transfers and we will be in decent shape

Hugely proud of that today. Sounds stupid but seeing a performance like that makes me feel like we’re coming home with a win, because things are looking up now.

Great atmosphere in the away end and the mutants in close proximity were foaming at the mouth all game (see below).

I fucking love this game and love this club! As @AyrAtlanta says it might seem weird but we gave a good account of ourselves (players on the pitch and supporters off it).

We can all feel proud today! 

Genuinely the happiest I've been since the 2019-20 season. It could be the drink talking or course... 🙈

TBF to Chalmers he’s far from the best defensive but he had at the start McKenzie who has the engine to get back and help, Murphy I don’t think is very good defensively either but he’s at the very least experienced enough to know where to be and to help Reading at the best

We were great today, just lacking that bit of quality against a team with much larger resources than we will ever have. Feared the worst when i saw the goalkeeper but he actually played very well and could do nothing to prevent the goals. I felt at the time that Silva was a lucky boy and it seems that a fair few people felt the same, frustrating that he then goes on to get the second goal.

Today was a bonus round so we now need to turn good performances in to three points at Airdrie.

I think if Brown is judging the goalies based off his short time here then Mutch keeps his place for next week. Didn’t have loads to do but did the basics well. His long balls could do with a bit of work. 

Can be proud of that performance, went a lot better than expected especially after how the first 10 minutes went. 

Now back to league business...

McPake must be on the brink surely which i'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

1 minute ago, Rb123 said:

Can be proud of that performance, went a lot better than expected especially after how the first 10 minutes went. 

Now back to league business...

McPake must be on the brink surely which i'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

You'd think, but this is the same board who let Peter Grant stay well after his time should've been up.