The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

What do you thinks going on with this highlighted section. Are seats going in here, or maybe a seat less seating section, because. I kinda like the idea of that. 

GGOG5S9W0AA0x8S~2.jpeg

Four rows of seats then another 2 rows for hospitality. 

2 hours ago, mugen_power said:

Is that how turnstiles look these days?

Last time i saw something like that was in the WW1 museum at Ypres

I'm more concerned with how narrow they are.

At the more modern stadiums you almost lose a limb going through the turnstile.

Spoiler

Austin Powers Get In My Belly GIF by Chris Cimino

7 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Are they the new turnstiles?? The pair of them look like garden sheds  

IMG-20240214-WA0000.jpg

Why have they made the width for someone to get through the turnstile so small in a clear comparison with a standard door width in the middle?

#BigGuysWatchFootballToo

6 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Why have they made the width for someone to get through the turnstile so small in a clear comparison with a standard door width in the middle?

#BigGuysWatchFootballToo

I think i'll just walk in through the completely open middle bit for quickness, queuing is for losers.

5 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I think i'll just walk in through the completely open middle bit for quickness, queuing is for losers.

VIP access.

There will be a red rope that is lifted by a burly looking security guard wearing a suit.

P&B posters only

3 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

VIP access.

There will be a red rope that is lifted by a burly looking security guard wearing a suit.

P&B posters only

Aye, there's a few very important p***ks on here right enough :lol:

12 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Will Willoughby buck the trend of shit no.9 January signings? 

Can anyone remember the last time we bucked this trend. 

Moffat.webp.b85b5236ade10cab5deca639c0896724.webp

Wasn't given 9 when he signed but he's still a 9.

3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I don’t like this rumour, he has something to offer and adds depth to a squad that’s not got too many options 

Hi Stirling, this is Amartey, I know, he's the spitting image of Aiden McGeady, but trust us.

Aiden McGeady: Ayr Utd position perfect for veteran winger's future pathway  - BBC Sport

Amartey is a bit like Steven Bradley, you can see what he offers in spells but he hasn’t played enough to be annoyed that he gets shifted on. 

I think he is an upgrade on dross like JML and Gondoh( having a jersey hung on a broom would be an upgrade on Gondoh) maybe even on O’’Conner and I think he’d be useful to bring on if Chalmers or Murphy aren’t getting any joy. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Amartey is a bit like Steven Bradley, you can see what he offers in spells but he hasn’t played enough to be annoyed that he gets shifted on. 

I think he is an upgrade on dross like JML and Gondoh( having a jersey hung on a broom would be an upgrade on Gondoh) maybe even on O’’Conner and I think he’d be useful to bring on if Chalmers or Murphy aren’t getting any joy. 

We've seen both Bryden and McKenzie out there in recent weeks now and I believe both McHugh and Willoughby can play out wide.  Add Tomlinson in there with McGeady, we actually have plenty of options.  The quality of options drop dramatically after Murphy and Chalmers, but that's not an issue that can be fixed until the new season.  Amartey should be third choice, but for some reason, that's 2 managers and an interim that have decided against him.  If he goes on loan, I don't think it makes much of a difference.

Noticed on twitter that David Smith mentioned in replying to someone that the segregation fence will be staying for now but with a new gate to give some flexibility. 

Hopefully that means small away crowds at one end of the main stand/enclosure, with home fans able to utilise all of the terracing on 3 sides.