The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

We were still losing games despite playing well. The squad isn't good enough to go on a consistent run of games. Chalmers played the same amount as Bryden and produced nothing. Granted it's the worst performance under the Brown era but whatever that was on the bench wouldn't have changed anything today. 

Even when Chalmers isn’t playing well, he still pulls players wide and stretches teams. Some teams double up on him leaving space for others. He links with McCallister and the midfield. 

Turgid and insipid in equal measure. As bad as we've witnessed this season. Not one player gets pass marks for me. We weren't in that game at all. The game totally passed us by. 

A reality check for me. This is going to be squeaky wrt. avoiding relegation. Brown & Whittaker are now hopefully in no doubt of how much of this squad need emptied. I'm honestly angry at having to keep seeing some of them. 

Honestly, the way people talk about Bryden being played out of postion,regardless where he plays the boy is not good enough at this level,not even sure of league 2 level but he gets a easy ride as does McKenzie because he is "one of our own",not blaming him today because everyone was rank,but if this is the sort of players we are giving 2 year deals,them the future doesn't loog good.

Very poor today. In the first half Dunfermline were exposing the full backs every time they came forward. Musonda just won't do at left back. I'm 63 and I'd take him in a race.

Dunfermline did very well at flooding the midfield and McHugh and Dempsey really struggled to have any impact.

Up front, in the first half, Dowds was looking to make runs and no-one was on the same wavelength and McKenzie and Bryden were never really in the game 

Given we have basically the same unbalanced squad we had under Bullen it's not hugely surprising since Brown isn't a miracle worker, but we're definitely missing Reading (!) and Stranger. I also not think McHugh is necessarily an upgrade on Sylla, and Chalmers needs to start over Bryden. I'd also be giving the new boy some intensive fitness training before the ICT game as we need a genuine full back.

I suspected this might happen today after the roller coaster on Tuesday. Shite performance yes, but it needed to happen. The so called "buzz" since Brown came in needed a reality check. What concerns me is if he grinds out some results with this group and the purse strings above think he doesn't need to add as much for next year as he is a miracle worker. Today showed how much of a clear out is required to progress, back, midfield and front. Every team in the league would have pumped us today. 

4 minutes ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Very poor today. In the first half Dunfermline were exposing the full backs every time they came forward. Musonda just won't do at left back. I'm 63 and I'd take him in a race.

Dunfermline did very well at flooding the midfield and McHugh and Dempsey really struggled to have any impact.

Up front, in the first half, Dowds was looking to make runs and no-one was on the same wavelength and McKenzie and Bryden were never really in the game 

Given we have basically the same unbalanced squad we had under Bullen it's not hugely surprising since Brown isn't a miracle worker, but we're definitely missing Reading (!) and Stranger. I also not think McHugh is necessarily an upgrade on Sylla, and Chalmers needs to start over Bryden. I'd also be giving the new boy some intensive fitness training before the ICT game as we need a genuine full back.

McHugh seems to be a completely different player to Syla. IMO, if McHugh starts then Dempsey just sits deeper and the opposite if Syla starts. 

He was obviously poor today, whereas he offered something completely different for us in midweek in terms of driving with the ball etc. 

But yeah, it really should be the end of Bryden starting out wide. 

For me we either go to three in the middle of the park and allow Dempsey and McHugh to use their energy to get after teams and drive us on up the park or we try playing Dowds and Willoughby together. 

7 minutes ago, Iain said:

McKenzie has more to his game right now than Bryden.

McKenzie is a waste of a shirt,Yeah he runs all day,but ferk all ability,he needs to be binned,this loaning out Bryden, no he needs to be binned if we want to progress 

5 minutes ago, Ayrutd1910 said:

McKenzie is a waste of a shirt,Yeah he runs all day,but ferk all ability,he needs to be binned,this loaning out Bryden, no he needs to be binned if we want to progress 

Bryden is nineteen years old, so we really shouldn’t be binning him. 

Not only is that as bad as we've played under Brown, it's also as bad as we've been under Bullen. Did we have a shot on goal?

No hiding from it, that was appalling today. Jamie Murphy the only player getting close to pass marks.

The full back situation is a joke.

Bryden is not and never will be a winger. 

Dempsey!! Will someone please tell me what this guy contributes.

I'll let McGinty off because we know he's got mistakes in him but he's been solid for the majority of the season.

That's a league 1 side right there. Its going to take an absolutely massive rebuild for us to be anywhere near challenging next season.

McKenzie has 1 goal and 4 assists in 509 minutes. That's 0.88 goal involvements per game post Bullen.

He's been significantly better since Bullen was catapulted into the sea. I don't understand all that hate for him.

Edited by Trogdor

19 minutes ago, Ayrutd1910 said:

Honestly, the way people talk about Bryden being played out of postion,regardless where he plays the boy is not good enough at this level,not even sure of league 2 level but he gets a easy ride as does McKenzie because he is "one of our own",not blaming him today because everyone was rank,but if this is the sort of players we are giving 2 year deals,them the future doesn't loog good.

Bryden should be modelling himself on Kris Dolan. A guy who was limited but took his chances, becoming a fans favourite. He needs played in his natural position where possible and nurtured as such. 

4 minutes ago, Ayrutd1910 said:

Why , he is not good enough 

He isn’t good enough right now, but he has shown he can finish. Loaning him out for a year might see him develop the aspects he doesn’t have right now. 

It doesn’t matter if he plays wide midfield or up front, he has too many limitations to impact games in an attacking sense at this level. 

7 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

That's a league 1 side right there. Its going to take an absolutely massive rebuild for us to be anywhere near challenging next season.

Bryden getting out muscled on one wing, Musonda running up the other wing, static midfield playing head tennis, keeper playing out from the back inside the box after watching players slip during the warm up(including Albison), and many many more stupid decisions today all round, is far from a championship team. Team selection today along with formation was far from ideal.

1 minute ago, Only me... said:

Bryden getting out muscled on one wing, Musonda running up the other wing, static midfield playing head tennis, keeper playing out from the back inside the box after watching players slip during the warm up(including Albison), and many many more stupid decisions today all round, is far from a championship team. Team selection today along with formation was far from ideal.

Musondas entire reason for being in the team today seemed to be too win headers from long balls. That's grim.

Dunfermline just played the ball round the back of both FBs constantly and we made it easy for them.

I've got faith that Brown can turn this around in the long run but I'm not that confident we can stay up. We've got rid of players who weren't good enough and replaced them with other players that aren't good enough.

The number of times today our midfield had a chance to play it forward but stopped, turned back and passed it to McGinty to punt was unreal. Shitebag football.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He’s 19. What are your expectations of him right now? 

Forrest, McCowan and Crawford were good enough at 19.