The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Oakley/Dowds/McKenzie/McRoberts with Bryden on loan and Rose released and I’d be very happy. 

Along with a 10 and a right winger to whip the ball in to the big strikers if chalmers doesn’t sign on again

I don’t think you can accommodate Dowds and Oakley. Think Oakley will play up himself with a number 10 and two wingers behind him. I’d imagine we’ll also sign another striker of a different style so we can switch it up a bit. 

26 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Half true, we are bankrolled on infrastructure, playing budget is only what we can afford, boosted by the infrastructure.  

Am I correct in saying the Hub, car park and new North Stand are not owned by the club?

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Along with a 10 and a right winger to whip the ball in to the big strikers if chalmers doesn’t sign on again

I reckon he’s shaping up for a straight 442 like he’s went with this season so far or gearing up for 352, not sure if we’ll be on the look out for that elusive number 10. 

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Half true, we are bankrolled on infrastructure, playing budget is only what we can afford, boosted by the infrastructure.  

The more rational reply. A lot of the other replies getting wound by the word bankrolled. I didn't exactly call you the next Gretna - Raith and QP are already in the league to fly that flag.

But like you say, you do have the financial support of a Chairman that can assist.

Morton literally have to live within our means or we are fucked.

Edited by Jamie_M

Just now, AUFC 1910 said:

Am I correct in saying the Hub, car park and new North Stand are not owned by the club?

I’m sure part of the sale to smith was he built it and signed it over to the club to guarantee the income. Was all part of his “legacy”. I’m sure that was the plan and why Lachlan wrote off so much debt. 

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

I’m sure part of the sale to smith was he built it and signed it over to the club to guarantee the income. Was all part of his “legacy”. I’m sure that was the plan and why Lachlan wrote off so much debt. 

Don’t for a minute see him doing a runner, and could understand wanting to keep the ‘assets’ on ‘his’ books for a period of time.

16 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Bankrolled he says when we missed out on pretty much all our first, second and third choice targets last season. 

Besides the investment into the ground I’ve seen no suggestion we’re bankrolled and we certainly aren’t backed hugely in terms of the playing squad. 

We finished ahead of you, got to the Scottish Cup quarters, and had a game against the Old Firm in the League. Similar attendances. So it's very likely we've earned more than you last season. And yet you're able to comprehensively outbid us on contract offers for our own players. 

I don't think "we aren't being backed hugely in terms of the playing squad" really lives up to scrutiny, if we're being honest. 

Which is fine, we did it during the Rae era. But pretty concerning that Ayr, Raith, Livingston, Inverness, and possibly Partick and Dunfermline, are all paying more than they could afford without a financial backer. 

58 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Because like most fanbases, we also have our fair share of mouth breathers.

The rest of us know that Morton have arguably the smallest budget in the league whilst Ayr are bankrolled.

Bankrolled 😂😂😂😂.

Back that up with some facts please.

Just now, Jives Miguel said:

We finished ahead of you, got to the Scottish Cup quarters, and had a game against the Old Firm in the League. Similar attendances. So it's very likely we've earned more than you last season. And yet you're able to comprehensively outbid us on contract offers for our own players. 

I don't think "we aren't being backed hugely in terms of the playing squad" really lives up to scrutiny, if we're being honest. 

Which is fine, we did it during the Rae era. But pretty concerning that Ayr, Raith, Livingston, Inverness, and possibly Partick and Dunfermline, are all paying more than they could afford without a financial backer. 

We also played an Old Firm side and from what I know, have most of the money sitting from a sale we made last season which was over £250,000. 

As it’s been said, we’ve made sensible investments into our infrastructure which should see us more than double our hospitality takings. We’ve spent cash off the field in a smart way which should see our playing budget increase.

3 minutes ago, Jives Miguel said:

Because we might be signing George Oakley? 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Jives Miguel said:

We got a quarter of a million from player sales that seems to be sitting in the bank, as well as a sizeable gate receipt from Rangers away etc. It’s not really a dick measuring contest. We have plenty of revenue streams that Morton don’t have that have been stated that we’ve invested in over the last few years. Smith has always said he’ll not chuck money at players for the sake of it. Morton are probably where we were 4/5 years ago. 

3 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Is an Oakley and Rose partnership a possibility?

A very dendrological/anthological strike force.

It could blossom into something beautiful. 

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

A very dendrological/anthological strike force.

It could blossom into something beautiful. 

If it was to fire us the premiership we can rename the hub the Rose and Oak, proper old school boozer. 

Posted (edited)

It could also be that the increased offer is not a financial one and is merely just the offer of working in South Ayrshire and not the spare ground between an Arnold Clark and a railway line.

Edited by AyrAtlanta

Think folk need to remember that George Oakley wasn’t some international superstar before Morton. He signed for them off the back of a woeful six months at Caley when in doubt he had any other offers at this level. The contract he would’ve been on probably said as much. 

Now that he’s out of contract I can imagine Morton will have offered him more money as is needed given the turn he did for them. We don’t need to be offering a huge amount of cash just to be outbidding Greenock fucking Morton.