The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

50 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Reliably informed that instead of toilet rolls in the new North Stand, they'll use 50 notes instead. 

Better make it an RBS £100 note. Everything else is polymer now - could be messy.

What are you guys thinking about the new stand? 

I thought the premise was great - much better than just bulldozing the old terrace and building a soulless new identikit all seater one. However I've seen a few photos and can't help but think it looks a bit odd. Are they planning any more work to improve what's left of the terracing? 

20 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Without trying to rattle them even more (maybe a little) I wonder if Imrie would be considered and fancy it.

I think Imrie is more a Livingston, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock type manager where results are more important than style. I think Hibs would expect a certain brand of football that Imrie doesn’t offer. 

5 minutes ago, par-adise said:

What are you guys thinking about the new stand? 

I thought the premise was great - much better than just bulldozing the old terrace and building a soulless new identikit all seater one. However I've seen a few photos and can't help but think it looks a bit odd. Are they planning any more work to improve what's left of the terracing? 

Terracing is essentially cement steps. What else can they do with them? 

12 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Yeah for us it's more like getting a leg up from the chairman, he built this stuff so that fans can put money into it by using it.  

If MCT wanted to do similar it's likely they'd probably need a loan to e.g. buy the Norseman so likely not a goer in the current time. 

But obviously when we genuinely were bankrolled, you had it properly bad:

Up on the travel club bus with Cookie and co
couple of pints in the Norseman
sunburn, 3 points and a pitch invasion by the natives.

WATTBA

One news article about us possibly attempting to sign a striker from a similarly sized championship club seems to have some of our Greenock cousins in a mess over us being minted. Whether its true or not, its quite pleasing.

Possibly he expected a better deal than he had been on last time round after a very good season, and Morton haven't been able to meet it?

Just now, AUcal said:

One news article about us possibly attempting to sign a striker from a similarly sized championship club seems to have some of our Greenock cousins in a mess over us being minted. Whether its true or not, its quite pleasing.

Possibly he expected a better deal than he had been on last time round after a very good season, and Morton haven't been able to meet it?

I think it’s very likely that it’s been leaked to the press in a bid to get Morton to up the offer. 
We don’t leak stuff or tell anyone anything. Brown is on holiday and if he’d signed, we’d have announced it by now. 
I’m pretty sure it’s just his agent playing silly buggers 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Absolutely delusional! I thought they were frothing at the mouth ranting bores on P&B. But they’re 20x worse on their own forum. Christ almighty. 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

8 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Absolutely delusional! I thought they were frothing at the mouth, ranting bores on P&B. But they’re 20x worse on their forum. Christ almighty. 

VT is an arrogant waffling p***k at the best of times, but an unconvincing transfer rumour might have just pushed him over the edge this morning.

10/10 will frequent forum more often

9 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Does your new stand have space for TV cameras? Had a look at a photo of it and can’t work out where they’d go. 

It would seem to be a major oversight if BBC Scotland still need to park a crane out the back for live games. Can't imagine that will be the case.

10 minutes ago, Scosha said:

Does your new stand have space for TV cameras? Had a look at a photo of it and can’t work out where they’d go. 

The Airdrie game a few weeks ago was on Tv and they used that stand. Might not be possible when it’s fully operational though. 
might be back to the cherry picker up the back of the main stand. It was always fun watching Scottish cup highlights while the camera is getting blown about on a platform. 

2 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Apparently there is a full media area in the new stand so id assume it's been built into the plans 

Isn't the camera platform on the far left as you look at the stand from the front ?

3 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Apparently there is a full media area in the new stand so id assume it's been built into the plans 

That area circled red was what I was led to belive was the TV gantry, but can't see it on the picture from yesterday, but may just be the angle.

Stand.thumb.JPG.4c9d40ea418a3a73600f19566dd50531.JPG

18 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I was told by someone working there that there was a gantry, but can't see it with the picture from yesterday.

Guess but I'd say this window that's higher than the rest and is on the half way line would be it. 

Screenshot_20240514-113145.png

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

TV pundits in there. Camera outside I'd think? 

Pundits f**k knows.  I think that's for the camera, it's a single pane where the others are two and it's positioning is different to the rest.  

It'll open fully inward or something and the camera through it for broadcasting.  

Edited by itzdrk