The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Is the Raith/County game the night not on the beeb? I was sure the play off final was last Yr, but could be mistaken.

Sky I think...

Posted (edited)

Talking of keepers, how much of a say do we think Timmins has on who we sign? Given his job, I would like to hope he's pretty clued up on who's available/up and coming?

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

2 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Talking of keepers, how much of a say do you think Timmins had on who we sign? Given his job, I would like to hope he's pretty clued up on who's available/up and coming?

You'd like to think so, but the keeper he brought up to Morton with him (Sam Ramsbottom) is quite possibly the worst I've ever seen at the club. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Kilmarnock using McInnes’s contract extension as a statement of ambition to rally their support to sell season tickets. 

meanwhile, Ayrs season ticket launch

image.gif.778fee7f53a27333c214cb9968e212f3.gif

Yup.... my £ is sitting there but if they don't make an effort, then I'll spend it on other hobbies. I know this doesn't seem popular on here, but I work hard for the little I have to spare so that's just how it is for me. 

51 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Yup.... my £ is sitting there but if they don't make an effort, then I'll spend it on other hobbies. I know this doesn't seem popular on here, but I work hard for the little I have to spare so that's just how it is for me. 

Stop playing hard to get, you know you’ll fold.

1 hour ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Then didn't moan when we have no money to sign anyone....

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Plenty of cash to advertise for yet ANOTHER two, OFF field management staff tho ser... at, at least 35k a yr each. In the hope that the new venture generates the intended/required income. In a social climate and landscape, that has been changing for years. People don't host parties and go out drinking near as often as they did prior. While I know that income generation comes from match day, every second week in the form of hospitality.... the old suite used to host loads of parties and events, that are now not as common place in society. I say this, as someone whom, over the past 18 months has held two family parties @Camerons and as fantastic as they were... they weren't cheap, at all!.

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

23 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Kind of chicken and egg. We have been turgid for a few seasons now and other than some Ayrshire post quotes, there is absolutely nothing to say this season will be any different at all or that season ticket money won’t be spent on another winner from the Ginsters pasty league south 2. None of that says, pay for 18 games up front because you’ll definitely want to be at all of them. 

The had been no hard sell of season tickets, not even a rallying cry from the captain,  manager or CEO which is the bare minimum that is normally rolled out. 
They have sold seasons based on people wanting to sit in the new stand but very little on what’s on the actual park.

They need to do a lot more in that respect. 

18 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Kind of chicken and egg. We have been turgid for a few seasons now and other than some Ayrshire post quotes, there is absolutely nothing to say this season will be any different at all or that season ticket money won’t be spent on another winner from the Ginsters pasty league south 2. None of that says, pay for 18 games up front because you’ll definitely want to be at all of them. 

The had been no hard sell of season tickets, not even a rallying cry from the captain,  manager or CEO which is the bare minimum that is normally rolled out. 
They have sold seasons based on people wanting to sit in the new stand but very little on what’s on the actual park.

They need to do a lot more in that respect. 

Boring .

34 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Plenty of cash to advertise for yet ANOTHER two, OFF field management staff tho ser... at, at least 35k a yr each. In the hope that the new venture generates the intended/required income. In a social climate and landscape, that has been changing for years. People don't host parties and go out drinking near as often as they did prior. While I know that income generation comes from match day, every second week in the form of hospitality.... the old suite used to host loads of parties and events, that are now not as common place in society. I say this, as someone whom, over the past 18 months has held two family parties @Camerons and as fantastic as they were... they weren't cheap, at all!.

Think the new hospitality suite is following the St Johnstone model . Which is more conference  based .However I dare say they'll not refuse a wedding or two either .

So many doubting Thomas's on here ................

4 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Think the new hospitality suite is following the St Johnstone model . Which is more conference  based .However I dare say they'll not refuse a wedding or two either .

So many doubting Thomas's on here ................

Again...

There's plenty of these facilities available and unused or lying empty.... society has changed, businesses and the manner they conduct conferences etc has also hugely changed... I'm being realistic and honest. Of course, I want it all to do amazingly...

i mean we didn't announce our first signings last season till June 5th, season before that Dipo was our first signing in June 2nd so likelyhood is we aren't gonna hear anything till post May

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Is the Harry Stone signing actually confirmed anywhere?

Class keeper if you have got him.

Harry Stone's not going to Ayr as far as I know, and if he was it's very unlikely a loan would be confirmed before the end of May (though we did confirm Murray Johnson about this time last year - that worked out well!).

It's reasonably well rumoured that he's going to Falkirk and their thread has discussed it a bit in the last few weeks.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Kilmarnock using McInnes’s contract extension as a statement of ambition to rally their support to sell season tickets. 

meanwhile, Ayrs season ticket launch

image.gif.778fee7f53a27333c214cb9968e212f3.gif

We’re just a million miles in front of you. Same size town, massive difference in club size and history.