The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, AUFC 1910 said:

No fucking about this year - I like it 🤩

”Harry”

”Harry Stone”

”Harry”

”Harry Stone”

@Richey Edwards made it happen

Take me home, Harry Stone surely? Or something done around Stone Roses- Made of Stone 

Posted (edited)

Good bit of business right there. I'm loving this out the gates stuff now. Interested to see what's happening with the few players contract renewals that have been offered to and if McGinty away Musonda Captian duty rumour I heard is true.... 1st June tomorrow so hopefully a busy week ahead!

Edited by F.T.O.F.1910

5 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Good bit of business right there. I'm loving this out the gates stuff now. Interested to see what's happening with the few players contract renewals that have been offered to and if McGinty away Musonda Captian duty rumour I heard is true.... 1st June tomorrow so hopefully a busy week ahead!

Who is McGinty away too?

Pleased with Stone. A bit more experienced than Clarke and fairly highly thought of. Reckon Timmins will improve both him and Mutch so I think we're fine for keepers. Be nice to see Ecrepont get a loan move to continue his development as the East Stirlingshire spell seems to have gone down well.

2 minutes ago, third lanark said:

Who is McGinty away too?

No one seems to know what’s up with him. I think we’re at a stage where about 80% of the fan base rates him for what he is. A no nonsense centre half who will give away a goal probably 5-6 times a season. 

However Brown wants his defenders to be comfy on the ball and McGinty just isn’t that. He kinda threw him under a bus against Dunfermline last season and it seemed clear that he was away. I think a lot will depend on if we manage to retain Jack Sanders and Frankie Musonda. If we do then I can see him leaving and we’ll look for a replacement. 

31 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think he’s okay but can’t do what is expected of him in terms of being really comfortable with the ball. I’d say he’s a bottom end Championship goalie. 

I don’t think he’s remotely a championship goalie tbh. 

37 minutes ago, Pie Of The Month said:

Not sure I'd class any goalkeeper beaten to first choice by Jamie Sneddon as a good signing.

It looks to me that the move to the Championship was just too soon for him.     

Just now, Finlay21 said:

My guess Ayr United 

Good to hear, don’t particularly want him to be leave. Solid enough enough centre half at Championship level, but with Hamiton coming up and him living a stone throw from their stadium then you never know 😉

1 minute ago, Rodders1910 said:

Here We Go Again GIF

Only based on he is an Ayr United player with a year left on contract and no rumours from other clubs fans of him joining them 

9 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

My guess Ayr United 

I hope so, he’s a better defender than Sanders and more reliable than Musonda. If he’s not captain or not Browns first pick, we definitely need him. 

I think the defence still needs a centre half (Sanders maybe), a starting right back and competition for Reading. 

I’ve said it before but the defence will improve immensely if we get the right players into midfield. Any defence would’ve been battered if they had the same lack of protection as ours did last season. We haven’t had a natural defensive midfielder in our team since Docherty and it’s something we absolutely need to get in place for this season.