The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Everywhere Celtic and Rangers go in Scotland, it’s about them - that’s just a numbers game.

Make the north terrace and stand a total black and white, flags scarves banners balloons etc - play them at their own game - let them see that we can give it large too - that’s what I would wish for 🌑⚪🌑⚪🌑⚪

It’s like the cup semi against Killie.  As soon as I heard about the banner they had organised, I couldn’t stand back and not go toe to toe with them, so managed to get ours sorted!!!!

20 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

I'm annoyed by it. Selling tickets to anybody other than the home fans in the home end breaks a point of principle for me. But, by christ, it's one (non-competitive) game. Feel aggrieved for 10 minutes and move on. 

I was annoyed by it yesterday but I might have went a bit OTT. A day after the game no one will give a f**k that there were away fans in the SRE for a friendly match. The extra cash can make a big difference for us this season though.

Just now, Richey Edwards said:

I was annoyed by it yesterday but I might have went a bit OTT. A day after the game no one will give a f**k that there were away fans in the SRE for a friendly match. The extra cash can make a big difference for us this season though.

Tbh, I was half cut yesterday so probably talked a lot of mince. In the cold light of being sober, i'm sill irked by it. But you're right. Nobody will care about it once it's by with

6 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

My 2 pence worth. Wasn’t bothered initially. However now it just feels like a big day out for Celtic and Brown with Ayr fans now the after thought. This friendly could have easily been in addition to someone for the opening it the new stand. I’d rather have had a game against Whitletts or something and let them keep the gate receipts to help them for example, something different. 

Not forgetting getting pictures of the new stand full of black and white. 

Brown is cashing in on the green pound, it’ll help him by helping to club sign better players. He said in his interview he wanted them to come down and take over the town. Magic, but as you say, it feels like apart from Smith wanting the new stand to be used, it isn’t about Ayr. 

I have changed my opinion slightly because I never thought they would give up the home end 

The way the chat on here is going about this though is starting to reflect P&B at it's most tedious. One side is framed as permaraging, with their piss being constantly on the boil and the other side as being cool headed megaminds who always have the big picture in mind. Boring as f**k.

This is an irritating but inconsequential game. Sulk like me for a few hours, mump and moan about it after a few pints, take their money and get over it. 

1 minute ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

The way the chat on here is going about this though is starting to reflect P&B at it's most tedious. One side is framed as permaraging, with their piss being constantly on the boil and the other side as being cool headed megaminds who always have the big picture in mind. Boring as f**k.

This is an irritating but inconsequential game. Sulk like me for a few hours, mump and moan about it after a few pints, take their money and get over it. 

Which side do you fall on then?

Or are you the impartial voice of reason?

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I have changed my opinion slightly because I never thought they would give up the home end 

Neither did I. Not happy about it, however, I guess it is money at the end of the day.

The more I think into this, the more I get annoyed.

Worst thing that could happen now is a statement that Somerset Boab will be performing his new song in front of this crowd. 

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

Neither did I. Not happy about it, however, I guess it is money at the end of the day.

Worst thing that could happen now is a statement that Somerset Boab will be performing his new song in front of this crowd. 

With their penchant for pyro, maybe one of the visiting fans will do us all a favour and nail him in the gob when he tries.

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

That would be Full Clown Show.

The club does not want to go Full Clown Show.

Imagine the new SLO starting this morning, arriving at the hub. 

Morning, I’m here to meet Graham Mathie.

He’ll be about 10 minutes, he’s just doing a video for the supporters, won’t be long. 

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

He’ll be about 10 minutes, he’s just doing a video for the supporters, won’t be long. 

🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I'm more ragin he's back to doing statements.... Get back behind yer desk lol! I've heard he's a DKB.... liking him even less 🤣

19 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Can we arrange for Celtic to take him back up the road with them? Parkhead Boab has a nice ring to it 

When Brown was announced as manager I did worry about the "Celtic hang on" element. What I love about supporting Ayr is the lack of OF nonsense that goes on. Seems all I've heard for a week now is Brown slavering over Celtic and their fans coming to town. 

Tbh I'd rather have played anyone for the new stand opening rather than one of the OF. A day that's supposed to be about the new stand soundtracked by IRA bile and now fan "division" 🤢