The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Nelson said:

Arrived at the ground around 7.15 and got in no bother at all.  I’m guessing folk just turned up too late.  

Aye I was there at a similar time and had to queue for maybe five minutes or so but got in and had a decent view at the halfway line. 

In the match day email that was sent out, it said to be in for half 7 for the ribbon cutting. 

Was quite encouraged by that performance..... Both me and my old faither enjoyed the game and should have probably won... 

Impressed with partnership of Dowds and Oakley... Think they will cause teams alot of bother and should of scored to win game... 

Rus looks a great find... 

Stranger was awesome at the back and paddy and McMann look solid..

Keeper looks good aswell glad we didn't resign Clarke as he was a bombscare for them. 

Negatives.... 

McAllister isn't good enough at right back...

And Bryden(love him and all that for being Ayr diehard) needs a loan to smaller club as he looks out his depth... He loses the ball and struggles to win the ball..... When he cam on he was an empty shirt..... Constantly losing the ball and mis controlling...... Don't like saying it but sadly he is not gonna cut it this season.... 

Disliking this optimistic feeling with his pre season is going, always comes back to bite you. If we’re going with the 2 strikers, I do feel we need to have Bryden out on loan and someone else in with McKenzie as back up, just feel Bryden is still too raw. We have 90% of the squad at the moment, probably still a defender and centre mid short before any outgoings allow any more incomings. 

Reckon Hamilton will sign. Unsure on how Hastie fits in, but feel Brown wouldn’t have wasted Hasties time having him in for so long and playing him regularly in pre season if he wasn’t wanting to sign him. 

39 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Heard tonight that Killie haven’t sold many as a lot are deliberately avoiding it.

Most Killie fans I’ve spoken to are not going. £20 for a bounce game and £25 for a European tie tells its own story. I’ve never watched a good pre season friendly ever as it’s usually interrupted by subs coming on every few minutes. £8 and £4 would have been ample.

2 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Was quite encouraged by that performance..... Both me and my old faither enjoyed the game and should have probably won... 

Impressed with partnership of Dowds and Oakley... Think they will cause teams alot of bother and should of scored to win game... 

Rus looks a great find... 

Stranger was awesome at the back and paddy and McMann look solid..

Keeper looks good aswell glad we didn't resign Clarke as he was a bombscare for them. 

Negatives.... 

McAllister isn't good enough at right back...

And Bryden(love him and all that for being Ayr diehard) needs a loan to smaller club as he looks out his depth... He loses the ball and struggles to win the ball..... When he cam on he was an empty shirt..... Constantly losing the ball and mis controlling...... Don't like saying it but sadly he is not gonna cut it this season.... 

Agree with all of that. Stanger would have been my MoM. I was impressed with his pace at the back. 

We could really be doing with a striker who is a bit more pacey and mobile to play around Dowds/Oakley.  That said, I guess we’ll be looking for far better delivery from the wide areas to give the forwards more to attack.  We still look quite light in the midfield for me - Murdoch is probably well short of match fitness and not sure if Brown rates Syla.

Not a bad run out. Thought Stone looked comfortable, didn’t look lost at any point and was in the right place at the right time for a few of the efforts.

the back 4 were ok, a few slack passes and a bit of nerves but they worked well with the midfield and we never lost a runner all night. 

Watret was brilliant when he came on, Oakley is a complete dick, just annoys folk all game, leaving the shoulder in, having wee digs all the time. Never gave defenders peace.

Rus looked good, Hastie got involved a lot but didn’t do much of note. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, pogo1910 said:

Arrived at 20 past and never got in til 8

Same. Was a huge ballache. Teeth were swimming by the time I got there, to find they’re still rocking the portacabin toilets from last season. Again a huge queue. 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

Both Bryden and Tomlinson need loans for certain uncertain if Bryden will get one thou, those two along with Guthrie and Ollie once Mutch comes back I imagine will be the ones out, Watret did look good coming on but I still think McAllister starting was the right choice, Dempsey giving away a penalty besides had a great game and looks like the player he was 2 seasons ago

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Not a bad run out. Thought Stone looked comfortable, didn’t look lost at any point and was in the right place at the right time for a few of the efforts.

the back 4 were ok, a few slack passes and a bit of nerves but they worked well with the midfield and we never lost a runner all night. 

Watret was brilliant when he came on, Oakley is a complete dick, just annoys folk all game, leaving the shoulder in, having wee digs all the time. Never gave defenders peace.

Rus looked good, Hastie got involved a lot but didn’t do much of note. 

Aye Watret looks as ready as he’ll ever be. I think all a loan would achieve is put him on the radar of more clubs and then we’d never get the use of him.

He’s quick, strong, loves a tackle and is comfortable on the ball. If we persevere with McAllister and leave him on the bench then it’ll be a travesty. 

8 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Hope this isn’t something going forward on match days. Why we as a country make it hard for match day going fans is a mystery. I get the the logistics tonight with it being close to a sell out, but don’t want this to happen for league games. Unless the new system can’t work selling tickets at 2.30 on a Saturday….

Police instruction unfortunately 

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Police instruction unfortunately 

Cheers wasn’t sure. You see it a lot with clubs in the top league not selling on match days etc so wasn’t sure if it was something to do with ticket company. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye Watret looks as ready as he’ll ever be. I think all a loan would achieve is put him on the radar of more clubs and then we’d never get the use of him.

He’s quick, strong, loves a tackle and is comfortable on the ball. If we persevere with McAllister and leave him on the bench then it’ll be a travesty. 

If he plays like he did tonight, he’ll be away at Christmas anyway. If 

Scott Brown on the sky sports interview there saying that he hopes to sign Hastie in the next few days. Also got a friendly against Celtic B next Tuesday.

I imagine if it’s another friendly it’s behind closed doors and for him to have a closer look to see if there’s anyone he thinks could be worth bringing in on loan/giving more of the youths/reserves some game time 

New stand looked good, got a cracking spot on the halfway line. 

Team played ok, a few decent lads in their setup, the number 36 is a beast of a player and works be a cheat code at this level. 

Downside, Celtic fans pissing in the street and doing coke with kids walking past, as I walked along Back Hawkhill. Seeing these wankers, folk in their 40s easily, doing that outside the house I grew up in reality fucked me off

Heard someone saying tonight that we’re due getting two players from Celtic. Not sure if one is Carse or if it’s meant to be a couple loans or if it is indeed just someone putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5 given who our manager is. 

I think any of the Celtic players on show tonight, that I’d have, are out of our reach.