The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Posted (edited)

The pictures of the new north stand full of folk looks class. A really great development for the club. Hopefully any teething problems can be ironed out by season start - although tbf, we're not going to have crowds anywhere like that.

Mostly, I'm just buzzing to be back out the north terrace. I've really missed it. I think part of what made last season's home form even more miserable for me was that I wasn't really enjoying where I was watching the games from. Also, there's now added bonus of not having to worry about seagull shite.

I'm also really hoping that the home support get the full run of the stand for as many games as possible. Seemed a bit bizarre yesterday that the last third of it was relatively empty - was that a measure incase of overflow from the away end? A policing measure maybe?

Edited by AUcal

Enjoyed the game last night.  

Pitch looked amazing.

New seat in the new stand was cracking - was great to see the ground full.

Think we are going to be a handful for a few defences this season.

Looking well drilled and confident on the ball - at long last!!

5 minutes ago, AUcal said:

The pictures of the new north stand full of folk looks class. A really great development for the club. Hopefully any teething problems can be ironed out by season start - although tbf, we're not going to have crowds anywhere like that.

Mostly, I'm just buzzing to be back out the north terrace. I've really missed it. I think part of what made last season's home form even more miserable for me was that I wasn't really enjoying where I was watching the games from. Also, there's now added bonus of not having to worry about seagull shite.

I'm also really hoping that the home support get the full run of the stand for as many games as possible. Seemed a bit bizarre yesterday that the last third of it was relatively empty - was that a measure incase of overflow from the away end? A policing measure maybe?

Believe it was a safety measure , I noticed it opened about 15 minutes into game to let Ayr fans in due to the numbers in the home end 

30 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:

Same. Hand ticket over. Rip off stub. In you go. 

At the front of every long queue at my work is someone fking about with a phone that's no done what it's meant to or the person with said phone cannae work it. 

The process of getting a physical ticket makes your point totally redundant though. Every time we sell them you have to turn up and stand in a queue to get it.  

I'm very optimistic about this season, saw the fan highlights on YouTube and we looked really good,now I know it's Celtics first game back and a lot of their  top players were missing but we held our own and did not just sit back, can't wait for us to kick off in anger.

Seen some complaints about overcrowding in the railway end, including people saying they had to leave with their kids during the first half because they felt it wasn't safe. Hopefully the club will be reviewing all the processes to find out what worked, what didn't and how to make sure everything works next time we have a capacity crowd.

3 minutes ago, Iain said:

Seen some complaints about overcrowding in the railway end, including people saying they had to leave with their kids during the first half because they felt it wasn't safe. Hopefully the club will be reviewing all the processes to find out what worked, what didn't and how to make sure everything works next time we have a capacity crowd.

Would’ve helped immensely if the stewards had managed to communicate to the Celtic fans at both ends to get them to move further up towards the North Terrace. There were gaps at both ends that could’ve been filled which would’ve allowed more fans in. 

11 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

Disliking this optimistic feeling with his pre season is going, always comes back to bite you. If we’re going with the 2 strikers, I do feel we need to have Bryden out on loan and someone else in with McKenzie as back up, just feel Bryden is still too raw. We have 90% of the squad at the moment, probably still a defender and centre mid short before any outgoings allow any more incomings. 

Reckon Hamilton will sign. Unsure on how Hastie fits in, but feel Brown wouldn’t have wasted Hasties time having him in for so long and playing him regularly in pre season if he wasn’t wanting to sign him. 

I get the whole he’s one of our own stuff but at the end of the day plain and simple bryden is not a championship quality player at the moment as has been proven pretty every time he’s played and he needs to go out on loan for his own benefit. I’d have thought if McCall was even remotely interested in bryden he’d have taken him on loan at Clyde. 

3 minutes ago, Rossco500 said:

I get the whole he’s one of our own stuff but at the end of the day plain and simple bryden is not a championship quality player at the moment as has been proven pretty every time he’s played and he needs to go out on loan for his own benefit. I’d have thought if McCall was even remotely interested in bryden he’d have taken him on loan at Clyde. 

Either is mckenzie 

4 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Question for you guys,  will away supporters occupy the terrace under the new stand next to the seggy fence,   best place to watch the game and empty your pockets of change 😉

Don’t think so. Think the chat was that would be for home fans only. Away fans will be in the Railway end and part of the main stand. 

22 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

The process of getting a physical ticket makes your point totally redundant though. Every time we sell them you have to turn up and stand in a queue to get it.  

Considering the amount of annoyed people with the current system it's not totally redundant though is it?There always should be a manual back up. 

Loads of folk annoyed they queued and missed kick off due to tech issues. If we had pre sold physical tickets folk would just have walked up and got in. 

The vast majority of our games it won't be an issue. I wasn't actually trying to get involved in any debate around last night as I didn't go. I was just replying to someone who prefers a physical ticket as I always have. 

45 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Question for you guys,  will away supporters occupy the terrace under the new stand next to the seggy fence,   best place to watch the game and empty your pockets of change 😉

It'll depend on the likely size of the travelling support.

30 minutes ago, RedEd said:

It'll depend on the likely size of the travelling support.

Looking at the teams, there's no reason for the north terrace to be opened for away fans. I can only think of Patrick who will bring near 1,000 with them.

4 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Looking at the teams, there's no reason for the north terrace to be opened for away fans. I can only think of Patrick who will bring near 1,000 with them.

They would still not need it , Railway end holds around 2000 then they have West Stand and terracing below in enclosure 

Is it time for the seggie fence to go then?

Makes sense to move it to the corner at the railway end surely?

With the gap being smaller, could maybe even recycle the steel to cut the cost down?

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

They would still not need it , Railway end holds around 2000 then they have West Stand and terracing below in enclosure 

Yeah, will be the same as last season by the sounds. I noticed there was stewards between the corners of the railway and north terrace. I'm assuming that'll be in place all season?

3 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

With the gap being smaller, could maybe even recycle the steel to cut the cost down?

Yea I don't understand the point in having it in its current position anymore. 

I moved to the empty terrace when the gate was open and enjoyed standing there especially in the first half. The only downside was the gate obscuring the view of the SRE.

I expect it will take a few games before the club susses out what works and what doesn't across all areas of the new stand.

57 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I remember them saying during initial construction of the stand that the seggie fence would not be fixed in position and could be moved to accommodate different crowd numbers. With the seating above taken by ayr fans along the full length,  there really can't be away fans on the terrace below. Moving the fence to the corner is the best thing to do.