The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

Murphy not in our best 11 or Stanger?

Come on.

I think Murphy is class but I'd not be dropping Rus to fit him in.  

Yeah Stanger is our 3rd best centre back and we don't play with 3 so our best team wouldn't have him in it. 

Edited by itzdrk

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

So gradual, steady improvement then?

Great in theory, but finding it hard to pinpoint any club that's executed a strategy like that over an extended period of time.

5 hours ago, itzdrk said:

I'd be up for that but I think he's best in centre mid just pressing and working hard. For me this would be our best 11 

Screenshot_20241024-085952.png

49 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think Murphy is class but I'd not be dropping Rus to fit him in.  

Yeah Stanger is our 3rd best centre back and we don't play with 3 so our best team wouldn't have him in it. 

Murphy in place of Rus. Rus into centre mid alongside Dempsey. McKenzie fired into the sun. 

There may be an arguement that Stanger is our 3rd best centre half. There isn’t much between him and Musonda imo however surely Stanger is less of an issue at centre half than Reading is at fullback so the logical thing is moving McMann to left back and having Musonda and Stanger at centre half. 

3 hours ago, BukyOHare said:

So gradual, steady improvement then?

Yes, and if you look at posts on here you'll see that while people will always moan about something, the moaning about the owner has pretty much evaporated. And there's nobody suggesting that Brown was a mistake. So people choose to moan about the things that still need improved. Right now that pretty much boils down to the fullbacks, and the biscuits. If Brown could address the former and the owner the latter people would have even less to moan about.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Murphy in place of Rus. Rus into centre mid alongside Dempsey. McKenzie fired into the sun. 

There may be an arguement that Stanger is our 3rd best centre half. There isn’t much between him and Musonda imo however surely Stanger is less of an issue at centre half than Reading is at fullback so the logical thing is moving McMann to left back and having Musonda and Stanger at centre half. 

I’d rather have Reading at left back than Musonda at centre back. 

27 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Yes, and if you look at posts on here you'll see that while people will always moan about something, the moaning about the owner has pretty much evaporated. And there's nobody suggesting that Brown was a mistake. So people choose to moan about the things that still need improved. Right now that pretty much boils down to the fullbacks, and the biscuits. If Brown could address the former and the owner the latter people would have even less to moan about.

It is quite amazing that some posters have been right all along, staunchly backing Hopkin, Duffy and Bullen, having rants at people who suggested they were useless and were generally the being best Ayr United supporters.

They have now been completely right about Scott Brown and it all being part of the masterplan. 

Absolutely no self reflection or even a hint of humility. 

2 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

That's the newly established supporters bus cancelled for Saturday due to lack of numbers.

An idea that should never have been entertained in the first place and a waste of time for those who spent time setting it up.

More expensive than the train seemed mental tbh

5 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Have to pay for the on board chaperone (steward) though.

Always had problems filling a supporters bus don't know why they even try

Would think they would need to pay them from before pick up to drop off average 5/6 hours , numbers of supporters travelling on Ayr buses over the last 3/4  seasons have been very poor and none has even managed to break even over a season 

Edited by Finlay21

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

My guess is that we haven’t seen Musonda at CB because of his severe lack of pace. 

Which still makes it a bit mad that we play him at full back as he’s been exposed there as well and if we’re being honest, hasn’t really done that well since the Airdrie game. 

If we’re sitting deep and there’s little space behind Musonda then he’s fine but we like to play quite high so I don’t think it would work. 

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Analytica said:

When did the bus that went from The Droughy/River Cottage/The Ship come to an end?  

Mind back in the day there was the "Trust Bus" which left from Somerset, I only ever got it once or twice though.

They've all been shut for the best part of 5-6 years. 

2 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

They've all been shut for the best part of 5-6 years. 

Now that you mention it, you're right.  The last time I was on the bus it left from The Ship Inn to a game vs. East Stirling at Ochilview in the League Cup, but you'd be talking about 15 years ago.

Some of them must still go to games but I recognise hardly anyone from those days at Somerset now.

Away travel seems to have changed quite a lot since covid.

Lot more people happy just going up in cars or taking a train to Glasgow and making a day out of it before veering off to a nearby game (seen as most teams are around the central belt)

Fact also the bus price now somehow makes trains look cheap is a big factor too. Remember probably only about 6 years ago it used to be like £10/£12 to get supporters bus to an away game only an hour away, not £20...

44 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Which still makes it a bit mad that we play him at full back as he’s been exposed there as well and if we’re being honest, hasn’t really done that well since the Airdrie game. 

If we’re sitting deep and there’s little space behind Musonda then he’s fine but we like to play quite high so I don’t think it would work. 

Can still be exposed at full back obviously, but not to the same extent as part of two centre backs with a high line. 

I’ve not seen our away games, but he was good at the weekend. 

15 minutes ago, Ayrshire Analytica said:

Now that you mention it, you're right.  The last time I was on the bus it left from The Ship Inn to a game vs. East Stirling at Ochilview in the League Cup, but you'd be talking about 15 years ago.

Some of them must still go to games but I recognise hardly anyone from those days at Somerset now.

Think the last time i was in the drouthy was 2010. Can't mind it ever being open after that. The ship shut yonks ago, and the river cottage was only a few years back. 

Weird how many buses used to run out of different pubs in Ayr. My Dad ran a bus from the checkers when he ran it a thousand years ago I'm sure, there was one out the drouthy, latterly the ship and river cottage. Now where is there? Just the toll bar? 

18 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Think the last time i was in the drouthy was 2010. Can't mind it ever being open after that. The ship shut yonks ago, and the river cottage was only a few years back. 

Weird how many buses used to run out of different pubs in Ayr. My Dad ran a bus from the checkers when he ran it a thousand years ago I'm sure, there was one out the drouthy, latterly the ship and river cottage. Now where is there? Just the toll bar? 

Toll bar bus stopped running due to getting raided by police on way to morton.