The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Why though? I always looked at the likes of Raith Rovers, Morton and QOTS sales as they are almost identical sized clubs to ourselves imo. 

We are doing much better than we were at this stage last year , so please explain what your issue is , up over 300% my god some people like to moan about nothing , at our club in the past 3 seasons over 70% of buyers purchase within the 2 week period leading up to first game , why should fans buy earlier this season ? 

Edited by Robbo63

Just now, Robbo63 said:

We are doing much better than we were at this stage last year , so please explain what your issue is 

Dearie me. You’re easily offended Robbo. The quote from the AP actually suggests the club aren’t happy with the amount sold “meanwhile the club is hoping for a big push on season ticket sales with less than 400 sold so far” 

Did you just choose to ignore my point about there being nothing on our twitter about us being back in training? That would help push season ticket sales imo. 

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Dearie me. You’re easily offended Robbo. The quote from the AP actually suggests the club aren’t happy with the amount sold “meanwhile the club is hoping for a big push on season ticket sales with less than 400 sold so far” 

Did you just choose to ignore my point about there being nothing on our twitter about us being back in training? That would help push season ticket sales imo. 

No I didn’t ignore you point , it was in local paper last week players were returning to training this week , last few seasons players were back training 5 weeks before season started , friendlies were being played yet 70% still waited to 2 weeks out to buy season tickets makes me feel players being back has no link to tickets being sold , no one I have spoken to at club is moaning g about lack of sales , they are clearly saying they are expecting a push , some people look at the statement with a positive frame of mind and other the reverse 

Edited by Robbo63

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Why though? I always looked at the likes of Raith Rovers, Morton and QOTS sales as they are almost identical sized clubs to ourselves imo. 

As of August 15th we had 800 sold. Part of that might be down to the back of ease of access (we're selling them online now which makes them easier to access) and we're on the back of a bit of a bounce after the situation with the court case. No idea how many Morton or Queens will have sold. 

Fwiw, I'd fully expect Ayr's sales to increase dramatically as things get close to a matches starting. It'll be the same for most teams. 

11 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I'm also still to buy mine .so we will be on 402.and I will get a panda pals for my son whem I'm at it 403.

404 guaranteed the from me as just not got around to it yet (plus i've lost my password to log in to my ST account).

Putting pictures on social media of players training isn’t going to make people go and buy a season ticket.

There is still a long way to go before the football restarts so I wouldn’t be too concerned just yet.

Maybe a signing or two this week will spark a bit more excitement and get people to buy a ST.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

A lot of people will be waiting for clarity. I don’t normally get a season as I work one weekend per month, however if I know I can stream games then I’ll most likely get one. 

You can stream all home league games until full crowds permitted , it’s part of your season ticket terms ( not announced yet if you can buy individually)

5 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

You can stream all home league games until full crowds permitted , it’s part of your season ticket terms ( not announced yet if you can buy individually)

Hopefully individual matches will be available. The club will miss out on a few quid otherwise, particularly from away fans.

3 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Hopefully individual matches will be available. The club will miss out on a few quid otherwise, particularly from away fans.

I would hope so , believe a decision will be made nearer starting date of league 

Edited by Robbo63

1 minute ago, Robbo63 said:

I would hope so , believe a decision will be made nearer starting date of league 

I would also hate to be a hypocrite by criticising other clubs if they don't provide the same. I'm hoping to stream our away games while we are banned from attending..

57 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Putting pictures on social media of players training isn’t going to make people go and buy a season ticket.

There is still a long way to go before the football restarts so I wouldn’t be too concerned just yet.

Maybe a signing or two this week will spark a bit more excitement and get people to buy a ST.

You need a catchy hashtag...

Spoiler

#Roaringwhiteandblack 

22 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

Don’t know about anyone else but an e mail popped up in my system from the club  good information, with a statement from the chairman, has worked with me I’ll be in shortly to renew my season ticket

Yeah, I got the same email. I'm pretty sure it's Lachlan's statement from a few weeks back a couple of days before tickets went on sale.

I know its not a popular opinion on here but I expect price is a bigger factor than some think wrt. season tickets. Particularly with only 13 home games as well.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Good luck with that. We never publish season ticket numbers so it would be pretty difficult to compare them to anything.

Edited to add: I would say though we're not a club who has ever been heavily into season ticket sales. They aren't massively discounted at Queens (we usually price them at 18 games for price of 16 but moved slightly better than that for Adults last year in that we rounded down to £280. It's still only a saving of £44 over a year. This year's were simply priced at 3/4 of last years for the 27 game season before we knew whether we'd have 13 or 14 home games. As it ended up being 13 it effectively means the cost per game is actually higher.

Raith Rovers have already sold more than we did last year.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Just now, Thereisalight.. said:

I know It’s an ever changing situation but are the club hopeful of having at least some fans in the stadium for the 1st game?

The club won't know any more about it than you do. All the clubs know is what the Government have said, that there might be a possibility of live attendance on a restricted basis from 14th September. There are no details about how restricted or what precautions will need to be in place. There's a hope that by October they'll ease further but then you see them locking Glasgow partly down today. We know more after next weekends 3 Premiership test events. I think they are being allowed 1,000 or so at the games?