The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Even so, I still don’t think he was ever signing for Ayr United. It would make zero sense.

Let it go ffs. We held signing talks with him, he allegedly agreed to sign but went elsewhere. End of story. 

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Even so, I still don’t think he was ever signing for Ayr United. It would make zero sense.

It was strange of him to be  sitting in the Ayr United boardroom with the manager and chairman for well over an hour , when as you say he had no intention of signing , 

Edited by Finlay21

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Let it go ffs. We held signing talks with him, he allegedly agreed to sign but went elsewhere. End of story. 

It don’t have anything to let go. It’s your fellow supporters who are still drowning in tears over it. Dragging fucking TNS and Declan McManus into it now, my word.

His first choice was an east coast club, and that’s exactly who he signed for.

15 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

I would be hoping he's maybe one for the future rather than a starter. Only really comparison we might have is Liam Tomsett impressed for us in this league years ago and hasn't really made much impact beyond the 7th tier. Although it may just be he never kicked on after his loan spell.

I had completely forgotten about Liam Tomsett. You wonder how much money is kicking about at that level of English non-league that he hasn't thought to up sticks and try his chances here again.

Just now, TheScarf said:
1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

It don’t have anything to let go. It’s your fellow supporters who are still drowning in tears over it. Dragging fucking TNS and Declan McManus into it now, my word.

His first choice was an east coast club, and that’s exactly who he signed for.

An east coast club who weren't in for him until McManus left. We're over it.

The Toderov chat is boring now.

All I'll say is this: he probably had talks with Ayr as they maybe offered a decent deal and that looked like a good option in lieu of his preference of an East Coast team. Dunfermline then offered him a deal, which was his preferred location.

End of.

All I'll say is this: he probably had talks with Ayr as they maybe offered a decent deal and that looked like a good option in lieu of his preference of an East Coast team. Dunfermline then offered him a deal, which was his preferred location.

End of.
100% would have been a decent signing but no one is saying it's the end of the world we missed out on him, we move on unlike Inverness fans who seem to be pining for him

38 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
1 hour ago, super_carson said:

End of.

100% would have been a decent signing but no one is saying it's the end of the world we missed out on him, we move on unlike Inverness fans who seem to be pining for him

A fellow fan of Ayr brought it back up earlier, who is clearly not over it. We’re happy with Billy McKay m8.

A fellow fan of Ayr brought it back up earlier, who is clearly not over it. We’re happy with Billy McKay m8.

Someone mentioned in passing about Declan McManus playing against us and if he hadn’t been bought by TNS then we’d probably have ended up with Todorov. I really don’t know how hard it is to understand.

Anyway, are the details out to be able to purchase the Stranraer stream?

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Someone mentioned in passing about Declan McManus playing against us and if he hadn’t been bought by TNS then we’d probably have ended up with Todorov. I really don’t know how hard it is to understand.

Anyway, are the details out to be able to purchase the Stranraer stream?

No idea mate.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

How tinpot is that?! 😔

Every year there are usually a number of willing volunteers who are keen to do a little bit around the ground in pre-season.

Might be an extra bonus this year having been locked up for most of the past 18 months.

In my opinion, I don’t see it as tinpot, I see it more of a bit of engagement with the community.

Opening Somerset with weeds everywhere - that would be tinpot 😊

10 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Every year there are usually a number of willing volunteers who are keen to do a little bit around the ground in pre-season.

Might be an extra bonus this year having been locked up for most of the past 18 months.

In my opinion, I don’t see it as tinpot, I see it more of a bit of engagement with the community.

This - don’t see it as being remotely tinpot either. 

27 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Heaven forbid that the groundsman might actually be expected to do some weeding or the modern day equivalent of the apprentice players. 

This is the sort of request a junior team would be doing.

Not one who are hoping to get promoted to the top league in the country. Tinpot. Even pick up the phone to those who are actually willing to help out, not to post publicly on the official site. Just my opinion. 

Community involvement? Aye right enough. "Bring your own trowels and hoes" 😂😂

Edited by BukyOHare

Heaven forbid that the groundsman might actually be expected to do some weeding or the modern day equivalent of the apprentice players. 
Not one who are hoping to get promoted to the top league in the country. Tinpot. Even pick up the phone to those who are actually willing to help out, not to post publicly on the official site. Just my opinion. 
Community involvement? Aye right enough. "Bring your own trowels and hoes" [emoji23][emoji23]

If folk want to do it, what’s the issue?

It bears no relevance whatsoever to the ambitions of the club.

13 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

If folk want to do it, what’s the issue?

It bears no relevance whatsoever to the ambitions of the club.

Actually if it saves money on having to pay the groundsman overtime it means money can be spent elsewhere so can have a small impact 

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

He appears to have been the only striker with anything resembling credentials at this level that even considered signing. The fixture list kicks off three weeks today and the players on the books right now scored twelve goals between them last season. That's not just the strikers, that's the entire team.

Edited by Thumper

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Community involvement? Aye right enough. "Bring your own trowels and hoes" 😂😂

I'm a member of one of the best Golf courses in the West of Scotland, we have 7 fully qualified green staff, however we still request assistance from the members for divotting duties, general gardening and even some maintenance jobs around the club house, so what Ayr are doing I find completely normal and in fact makes complete sense as it lets our groundsman deal with the more important tasks like the playing surface rather than waste lots of man hours on the trivial stuff.