The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Careful now. Bucky won't like that.

I'd love to see a form table based on the 2nd half of the season results.

We surely must be like 6th/7th IMO & I'm pretty sure a 1st half of the season table would have us like in the top 3

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Player of the year has never been about having a fantastic season it’s always just been to reward players that deserved it throughout the season wither good or poor , if it was down to having fantastic seasons only 2 or 3 clubs would have player of the year awards 

The blazers at the club will be mentioning how good of a season it's been and giving themselves pats on the back. 

12 minutes ago, rb123! said:

I'd love to see a form table based on the 2nd half of the season results.

We surely must be like 6th/7th IMO & I'm pretty sure a 1st half of the season table would have us like in the top 3

Last 15 games

F1FE68E3-15E1-4E2B-8AA5-91211CD6C4E2.png

I fancy us to beat Raith and get a draw in Inverness which would put us above Inverness.  Was worried that might not be enough as Partick will do enough to be above us, but the result tonight is a positive in that it means Mortons last 2 are both against teams with everything to play for. 

Personally this season feels disappointing but that's almost entirely down to that Falkirk game (sorry for mentioning again).  If we had just got a shite draw early on like Livi away or something and gone out It would never have registered. I loved the first few months of season but was never convinced we would be winning title etc, so 4th or 5th seems reasonable.  

It's just that Falkirk game that seems to haunt me and a lot of others it seems.  One that got away.  

Edit: it's obviously pointless giving it the big "what if", but the way the season has panned out I think we might just have somehow made a go of it if we had a fit Chalmers and Mullin every week 

Edited by Hursty

28 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Dundee and QP fans will be thinking the exact same 

That’s crap they are both guaranteed a play off spot and one is winning the league having not been top for 60%of the season. Meanwhile we scrap to try and even get in the playoffs  and will likely fail. 

The club have royally messed up with the best chance of going up automatically and the weakest division in years 

Edited by ryanayr1987

9 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I am probably being harsh BUT at the same time had we backed ourselves in January we could have run away with the league 

You could say that about a number of a teams. It wasn’t possible though. 

I am probably being harsh BUT at the same time had we backed ourselves in January we could have run away with the league 

By signing who? January is always a difficult time. Fair enough that losing loan players should be taken into account, but on paper coming away with Mullin + McAlear + Maguire wasn't bad. Nobody at the time was predicting that they'd be immediately injured / disinterested / done respectively.

Scouting does need to improve as too many players on the club's books just aren't really good enough and aren't being challenged for their positions. And in the incredibly likely event that no substitute unicorn is located to replace Akinyemi next season is going to be painful. But it's difficult to see what specifically could have been changed in Jan personnel-wise that would have altered things. The deeper problem has been formation and tactics.

Maybe, but I don't think the results are the main problem. We could have had exactly the same results but been a lot happier about them if the team were playing great football and the defeats were coming due to facing better teams/injuries/bad luck.

50 minutes ago, Thumper said:

By signing who? January is always a difficult time. Fair enough that losing loan players should be taken into account, but on paper coming away with Mullin + McAlear + Maguire wasn't bad. Nobody at the time was predicting that they'd be immediately injured / disinterested / done respectively.

Scouting does need to improve as too many players on the club's books just aren't really good enough and aren't being challenged for their positions. And in the incredibly likely event that no substitute unicorn is located to replace Akinyemi next season is going to be painful. But it's difficult to see what specifically could have been changed in Jan personnel-wise that would have altered things. The deeper problem has been formation and tactics.

See the way I see it was we never replaced chalmers and we tried to replace Brad young with Maguire which was a gamble that hasn’t really worked. We needed another centre half and we knew that in January. McAlear was brought in as we needed cover in midfield but to continue the push we needed a centre half winger and a striker on top of what we signed.

Chris Maguire was brought in as panic at the end of February and it’s clear to see he is done. is he one of Bullens signings rather than the scouting network? 

shelling out a few extra grand till the end of the season does mean higher risk but also would have meant higher reward as finishing bottom in the prem and higher would absolutely have made up for the money spent this season 

Edited by ryanayr1987

12 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

How do you go about replacing a player of his style, ability and the impact he had on the team generally, in the January window?

Maybe not a replica of the guy but to not sign anyone is mental. how has running with ashford and mckenzie working for us? 

Edited by ryanayr1987