The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

You're the one with the "if", "could", "would" , "possibly" etc, etc.

*If* we *Could* possibly get another few faces, we *would* be in a much better position than we were last year to challenge the league and *Possibly* get promoted.

I think Ayr should be looking at Murphy types who have been released from the premier league, seeing who is now out of contract. That being said, we can't be throwing large wages at everyone.

Patience everyone. It'll turn good I'm sure. The recruitment team have done well before.

17 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

At least people aren't going to look at the stats from last season of our new signing and write him off before seeing him...

That means it's either somebody that hasn't kicked a ball at all last season or an OF youngster on loan who hasn't played for anyone else yet.

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I hope Dipo hasn’t taken the huff, but certainly smells like it?

I really do hope not 🤞🏻

I don’t know where the taking the huff bit  comes from , the guy as for as I know has no gripes with the club , we all believed he would be going close season and should that happen we should not be surprised , 

33 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I don't have a "narrative" I deal in facts my friend.

You're the one with the "if", "could", "would" , "possibly" etc, etc.

If your “facts” are that last seasons squad was good, then I think you should look up the meaning of good

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

If your “facts” are that last seasons squad was good, then I think you should look up the meaning of good

It’s an opinion as to whether people think the squad was “good” or not. 

The fact is that we finished second in the league. You can draw your own conclusions from that. 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

I don’t know where the taking the huff bit  comes from , the guy as for as I know has no gripes with the club , we all believed he would be going close season and should that happen we should not be surprised , 

I think that, even if we had been promoted we wouldn’t have kept him either, a combination of money and proximity to family would have meant he’d have been off regardless 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

It’s an opinion as to whether people think the squad was “good” or not. 

The fact is that we finished second in the league. You can draw your own conclusions from that. 

Again, that is ignoring a lot.

I could be the best looking guy in a room, but that room could be filled with ugly c***s 

What we REALLY need is a five-point IMMINENT alert scale.

Imminent 1 - happening NOW

Imminent 2 - happening within the hour

Imminent 3 - happening today

Imminent 4 - happening this week

Imminent 5 - happening anytime between now and the end of the season.

This time of year everyone starts to forensically over-analyse players' twitter accounts and who their families have started following.  Players probably make cryptic posts just for a laugh...

We all accepted that Dipo would realistically move on this summer and that the club would, for the first time in a long time, get a comparatively decent fee.  The club  are absolutely doing the right thing by making sure that they don't get taken for a ride by prospective buyers and I don't think there is anything in the way he has conducted himself to suggest Dipo would be difficult about that.  

I suspect if/when it happens it will be fairly early on in the summer, and would be surprised if something already in the works.  

14 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

That means it's either somebody that hasn't kicked a ball at all last season or an OF youngster on loan who hasn't played for anyone else yet.

More of a guess who I think it is rather than definite. That player in question had a successful 21/22 season and stepped up a couple of levels last season but ended up having 3 loan spells down a level.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

My theory is that the club will have been quite open with him about letting him leave but a clubs needs to meet our valuation of him. Someone will meet that within the next week I’m sure. 

I don't see why the club would rush at all. Whatever people say about the level of the Scottish Championship, we are selling a player who was comfortably the top scorer in the division last season and also the player of the year. That is a scarce resource and the club's directors have a duty to maximise the value they receive.

For every one of us who is clamouring to get the money for him, there are also fans and directors of other clubs who know they need a proven goalscorer. We just need to hold our nerve and trust that we have people negotiating who understand the true market value.

34 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

What we REALLY need is a five-point IMMINENT alert scale.

Imminent 1 - happening NOW

Imminent 2 - happening within the hour

Imminent 3 - happening today

Imminent 4 - happening this week

Imminent 5 - happening anytime between now and the end of the season.

Imminent imminently imminent?

5 minutes ago, rgreig said:

I don't see why the club would rush at all. Whatever people say about the level of the Scottish Championship, we are selling a player who was comfortably the top scorer in the division last season and also the player of the year. That is a scarce resource and the club's directors have a duty to maximise the value they receive.

For every one of us who is clamouring to get the money for him, there are also fans and directors of other clubs who know they need a proven goalscorer. We just need to hold our nerve and trust that we have people negotiating who understand the true market value.

Agree, we're not a forced seller and we don't especially need the cash. If Dipo goes we have to replace him and one would assume we'd have to go down the route of someone with some sort of track record or even 2 x forwards which will ultimately be a gamble (and potentially costly).

As it stands we have a proven scorer and the leagues player of the year who's under contract for the following season, so as you say, there really is no pressure on us and if we don't get a decent bid then Dipo should be staying and as a fan it should be seen as a good thing.

From Dipo's perspective he may be disappointed but it would be up to him to keep up and even improve his performance level and get as good a move as possible when he becomes a free agent and then he'd potentially be able to negotiate an even better deal for himself for the following season, so ultimately it's a Win / Win for us all.

That said, I still believe we'll get a bid of £250k+ and that it will be accepted.