The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

It's not as if that "vast majority" is especially vast though is it? Ayr are surely going to be in the bottom half with respects to season books sold this season regardless of last season's standings. And fairweather fans are actually more, rather than less, reliant on club communications with respect to what's happening than your 500 or so core support who will turn up with a twenty quid note on a Saturday regardless.

Historically contradicted.

That paper report is fantastic. Can't even provide the score from a game that happened the previous night while interviewing the fucking manager.

Was written before the game in fairness however not a single mention of any upcoming signings. Concerning 

2 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

This another one of these 'Wear one time' third shirts?

Not a fan of it but like the idea of the names on it. 

IMG-20230712-WA0003.jpg

What are the chances they'll get all the right names on it though?

25 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Was written before the game in fairness however not a single mention of any upcoming signings. Concerning 

The article wasn't written by VOR this week so i presume he's on holiday, possible explains the vagueness of the article

Definitely seems there is something up with the comms coming from the club.

I know there is so much going on at the moment and will be tough to keep up but is it maybe an idea to put the feelers out for some volunteers to help the club out?

No need to be anything specific, but asking if anyone has time to offer, and let them know their skillset and time available.  

eg. painter and decorators / I.T. / marketing / graphics / advertising and marketing etc etc etc

There must be a wide and varied skillset amongst our support, willing to offer something for the love of the club and to see it progress further and faster.

Maybe its a pie in the sky idea, but you never know, but there seems to be a loyal band of volunteers that are around the club already, so why not try to add and expand it.

25 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Definitely seems there is something up with the comms coming from the club.

I know there is so much going on at the moment and will be tough to keep up but is it maybe an idea to put the feelers out for some volunteers to help the club out?

No need to be anything specific, but asking if anyone has time to offer, and let them know their skillset and time available.  

eg. painter and decorators / I.T. / marketing / graphics / advertising and marketing etc etc etc

There must be a wide and varied skillset amongst our support, willing to offer something for the love of the club and to see it progress further and faster.

Maybe its a pie in the sky idea, but you never know, but there seems to be a loyal band of volunteers that are around the club already, so why not try to add and expand it.

The volunteers do a great job however I feel we're too reliant on them at times. Given how big Social Media is these days I reckon we should be bringing someone in to fully focus on that and it should be a paid position. 

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The volunteers do a great job however I feel we're too reliant on them at times. Given how big Social Media is these days I reckon we should be bringing someone in to fully focus on that and it should be a paid position. 

Yeah agreed, if we’re in a position to pay for a commercial manager then we need to be paying for someone to come in and organise our media. 

26 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The volunteers do a great job however I feel we're too reliant on them at times.

On the media side? I'm not really sure they do, but I'm sure it's hard to critique someone when they're doing it for nothing. And it feels like Callum has a little bit too much say in this area

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah agreed, if we’re in a position to pay for a commercial manager then we need to be paying for someone to come in and organise our media. 

The commercial manager role brings in revenue that can be directly attributed and measured. Marketing and digital marketing in particular is seen as fuzzy and if you only look at direct attribution then arguably costs money rather than making it. That's obviously the wrong way to look at it, but not all old dogs can learn new tricks.

11 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

On the media side? I'm not really sure they do, but I'm sure it's hard to critique someone when they're doing it for nothing. And it feels like Callum has a little bit too much say in this area

I was meaning volunteers in general tbf. Aye he defo does, AU Media is clearly his baby and not willing to engage and try and improve it. I said it the other day but the interviews with new signings are just a total embarrassment at the moment and highlights are bog standard. Still don't understand why @wuffsterisnt used anymore. 

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Is it not a paid member of staff who is in charge of social media just now? 

No idea, I assumed it was a volunteer. Makes it even worse if it's someone that gets paid. 

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I was avoiding naming names since there seems to be a general rage but aye. 

I’m fairly certain it’s been put on here before as that’s how I found out.