The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, malkyshotton said:

Just do what I did and keep sending emails until you get your answer! 😂

Got it sorted this afternoon.

Sounds like they are just overwhlemed, expected 100 early birds and ended up with 600 odd, and it seems very manual.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Adeloye is going to chuck our defence about at some point this season, unfortunately. Let’s hope it’s just the once!

Best defence is a good offence, I'd like to think we'll be alot closer to Partick once we're up and running than we found ourselves at the end of last season. 

Just now, Hawk89 said:

Best defence is a good offence, I'd like to think we'll be alot closer to Partick once we're up and running than we found ourselves at the end of last season. 

I would like to fucking think so!

But yeah - I would like to think there won’t be much between the teams. 

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I would like to fucking think so!

But yeah - I would like to think there won’t be much between the teams. 

We're VERY light on numbers, I'm expecting lower half of the table.

I'd expect you to be a place or 2 above us easily.

Our placement is going to come down to the last two or three signings that we make. If we address the weaknesses at full back and get either another forward or creative midfielder then I’ll be confident of a playoff push. They need to be good enough as well and I’d hope we can get a bit of proven quality in the loan market maybe towards the end of next month. 

Just now, baba douche said:

We're VERY light on numbers, I'm expecting lower half of the table.

I'd expect you to be a place or 2 above us easily.

I’m not so sure, most teams in this league who have qualify are very short in numbers. At the moment we have no competent back ups other than CB and CM and don’t even have competent starting full backs. It’ll depend hugely on injuries. 

You still have plenty of quality at this level in Milne, Lawless, Fitzpatrick, Graham and Adeloye. It’ll come down to the next few signings for both sides!

Just now, Broken Algorithms said:

Did Adeloye get pelters for being lazy at Ayr? If so, he's up top next to the biggest whinge in Scottish football which should has potential for comedy. 

Some fans called him lazy, I would’ve said probably showed a bit of frustration as he was in a poor team playing hoofball (aka hoppyball)

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Did Adeloye get pelters for being lazy at Ayr? If so, he's up top next to the biggest whinge in Scottish football which should have potential for comedy. 

Our fans idea of lazy is that he wasn't running after balls out centre backs were launching out for throw ins.  

I never saw Adeloye as a lazy striker he was a physically strong target man who wasn’t like a Akinyemi who could run for 90 minutes and he was in a team that were just not good  who‘s only tatic was hoof ball

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Our fans idea of lazy is that he wasn't running after balls out centre backs were launching out for throw ins.  

Or that he wasn’t a one man pressing machine, aimlessly running from defender to defender by himself.

Edited by No_Problemo

2 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

I never saw Adeloye as a lazy striker he was a physically strong target man who wasn’t like a Akinyemi who could run for 90 minutes and he was in a team that were just not good  who‘s only tatic was hoof ball

And with how I’ve seen Patrick play if he gets chances I reckon he’ll easily get double digits