The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 hours ago, Hursty said:

2 worst strikers and 2 worst full backs in the league this season.   And a shite view if you go.  Between us and Arbroath for 9th / 10th

I've no bothered yet this season and this is telling me no to bother 😀

4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I've no bothered yet this season and this is telling me no to bother 😀

Was going to buy my season ticket this week but that today has put me off. Might just pick and choose until they release a half season ticket and I’ll see where they’re at.

Just now, AyrAtlanta said:

Was going to buy my season ticket this week but that today has put me off. Might just pick and choose until they release a half season ticket and I’ll see where they’re at.

That bad? Bit grim if so as it's worse than I imagined.  

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

That bad? Bit grim if so as it's worse than I imagined.  

It’s just the lack of coaching. We have decent individuals which showed when we humped the diddies put in front of us last week. Bullen looks so far out his depth that I imagine a team will just have to be organised at a minimum to beat us.

Ayr weren't great but Morton were fuckin dire as well. Their two goals came from playing against 10 men (pendlebury was gubbed at that point) and Mcginty giving his bi-annual f**k up. It wasn't like we were outplayed for huge parts of the game. I thought we looked the better team in terms of playing football. All they did was hoofball. They were just  more aggressive and up for it. Got a feeling they'll be our bogey team this year.  We're not streetwise enough to play against a team whose gameplan is pure dark arts. Doubt the rest of the teams in the league are as brazenly cynical as they were so i'm not overly panicked. 

Also, Ahui looks horrifying. Give him the benefit of the doubt as he's had about half an hour to get settled, but f**k me he was bad today. I don't know if i can deal with a Bangala 2.0. It's toe curling to have players that pish on your books. 

Edited by Coollestersmoothe

3 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Ayr weren't great but Morton were fuckin dire as well. Their two goals came from playing against 10 men (pendlebury was gubbed at that point) and Mcginty giving his bi-annual f**k up. It wasn't like we were outplayed for huge parts of the game. I thought we looked the better team in terms of playing football. All they did was hoofball. They were just  more aggressive and up for it. Got a feeling they'll be our bogey team this year.  We're not streetwise enough to play against a team whose gameplan is pure dark arts. Doubt the rest of the teams in the league are as brazenly cynical as they were so i'm not overly panicked. 

Also, Ahui looks horrifying. Give him the benefit of the doubt as he's had about half an hour to get settled, but f**k me he was bad today. I don't know if i can deal with a Bangala 2.0. It's toe curling to have players that pish on your books. 

Birthday caird pish 🤣🤣🤣🤣 second half morton pumped ayr first goal bent in top bins second classy pen and third was excellent wing play and a superb finish the fact we can mix it up aswell and aren't soft as shite is well just tough shite for ayr 

Oh n girfuy 🤣🤣

53 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

We were outplayed for the entire second half. Morton played some great football at times especially beating our occasional and very scarce high press out from the back. We very much tried to play football but our back 4 didn’t allow it.

14 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

We were outplayed for the entire second half. Morton played some great football at times especially beating our occasional and very scarce high press out from the back. We very much tried to play football but our back 4 didn’t allow it.

We started the second half well enough. A good bit of energy and a decent goal. Morton were the better team for the last 20-odd minutes though. They looked pretty toothless up until their goal. Fair play to them though for digging it out. Got a lot more character than we do

6 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Bullen should have been emptied at the end of the season. Nothing that's happened since has changed that. 

Absolutely spot on.

Someone nailed it when saying we are starting all but 2 of the same players as last season. Let that sink in.

Bullen thinks we are fine at full back but is "open" to re-enforcing if someone comes along. Our full backs are targeted every game, and rightly so. They're fucking awful.

He also thinks McKenzie and Bryden are a threat up front. Bryden is a country mile away from Championship level. He didn't win a single header yesterday and just like 95% of Championship games he plays, the opposing centre halves will never have an easier game with him up against them. Just like last season, Bryden scores a few against lower league opposition and then the knee-jerk reaction is that "he's going to set the Championship alight!".

Bullen's blind insistence of playing "one of our own" is going to literally see us relegated.

Edited by Bowl-of-chilli

6 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Bullen should have been emptied at the end of the season along with Mathie. Nothing that's happened since has changed that. 

What's mathie done that upsets you the he deserves emptied ? He doesn't pick the team on a Saturday. 

It’s not remotely spot on to say that Mathie and Bullen should have been sacked at the end of last season - that is genuinely mental. 

It is absolutely fair enough to have some reservations on Bullen, but we’ll see how that plays out over the next few weeks. 

22 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It’s not remotely spot on to say that Mathie and Bullen should have been sacked at the end of last season - that is genuinely mental. 

It is absolutely fair enough to have some reservations on Bullen, but we’ll see how that plays out over the next few weeks. 

I'll admit, I was so eager to reply about the Bullen part, I genuinely didn't even take in that Mathie was included. Fixed it, but stand by Bullen. Think there should have been a mutual agreement to part ways.

10 hours ago, Rb123 said:

Surprised nobody else has mentioned this, only two new players in that starting 11 today to the team that finished last season... and i'm sorry but it's absolutely criminal that we've gone into the first game of the league game with a striker partnership of Bryden and McKenzie who are both nowhere near ready/capable of starting Championship games and scored FIVE goals between them all of last season. That decision making lies with Bullen/recruitment team IMO

image.png.21f1f6dd29641dd52d1765231a353fce.png

It's a very good point. There are only four in that team you can completely rely on at this level and will add Murphy to that list after a few games. A lot of the focus seems to be on how we are set up and the style of play after last seasons eye bleeding stuff. This problem didn't seem to exist the last few games when we played weaker teams. 

Before worrying about style we need to get back to basics and get enough people into the team that can consistently play at a high enough level. Many of these players can fill in or do a good job in certain situations  but startingt them all at the same time can bring issues.

We really need the new players to be match fit and onto the pitch. Whether they are good enough or not is another question but the existing lot certainly ain't. Another few quality additions will also help.

At this stage some teams aren't the finished article as waiting for better players to run out of offers before dropping down a level. Whilst we probably fall into this category perhaps the second place finish has meant we took our eye off the ball. We needed more new players to be ready on day one if we wanted to be competitive with the remnants of last seasons squad.