The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

37 minutes ago, railwayend said:

At least we now know the club are hard at it trying to do deals . Obviously the clubs/players involved are proving hard nuts to crack . 

Chalmers, Dundee United will be trying to sell him first. Then loan him so if we aren't buying, that will be done on the last day and even then he'll have options. 

Strapp will be holding out for a better move, he doesn't need to sign for anyone during the window. 

Anyone else will be loans and they won't be done until other clubs know their squads are complete.

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Chalmers, Dundee United will be trying to sell him first. Then loan him so if we aren't buying, that will be done on the last day and even then he'll have options. 

Strapp will be holding out for a better move, he doesn't need to sign for anyone during the window. 

Anyone else will be loans and they won't be done until other clubs know their squads are complete.

Sorta this, while not fixing glaring problems the club have been pretty active and signed eight new players (who all seem to add something positive) so I'm finding it hard to be critical of recruitment.  

Spoiler

Until about 3 minutes into today's game and I'm threatening to bomb Paddy Reading.  

11 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

The reason you did not get the link automatically is due to you have selected that you don’t want to receive emails from the club by the looks of it 

If we aren't sending any emails at all to people due to the marketing preferences that must cause a lot of entirely avoidable issues. GDPR specifically distinguishes between transactional emails and marketing emails and you are allowed to send transactional emails (which are defined at a very high level as being triggered by an interaction with a business's website) irrespective of marketing preferences.

I don't know what it is like from the club's perspective but as a user of the total tickets platform to buy tickets I find it a confusing mess. I can only imagine how bad it must be for people who are not comfortable with technology. I have always found the club to be very prompt in responding to and solving the various issues I have had with tickets but the overhead in administering it must be very frustrating.

13 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I only very recently worked out what Google Wallet is.

The only reason was because I left my actual wallet at home and would have starved without it. 🤣

A bit off topic but I was over in Magaluf a couple of months ago and ended up out on an all day session when I noticed Cascada was playing in one of the clubs so thought it was a good idea to try and re-live my youth.

I purchased the MCP club pass (late afternoon) but it was a QR code thing that went on my phone. Unfortunately by 10pm I was totally blotto and had forgotten about this QR code thing and was hunting through my physical wallet for a paper ticket (which obviously I couldn't find) so ended up having to purchase a second ticket to get in. Fortunately this time they sorted me out with a wrist band although I was that drunk that I can't even remember if I made the concert or if I just ended up on a Pub / Club crawl. 

The funny bit was that I came across the ticket on my phone a few days later and had no idea that it was there or how it got there.

Modern technology is so confusing !!!