The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

From various accounts, we sat in and looked to play on the counter, despite playing precisely zero players capable of hitting a team on the counter. I do wonder how much thought is put in to the game plan at times. We have one player who is able to destroy teams with his pace on the counter…

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

In a game where Bullen gave players a start for game time, he didn't play the new right back, a guy so out of the picture I can't remember what his name is without checking. 

I can see him missing his mum and dog around September time and never being seen again. 

Aye could be right there to be fair. I didn’t make the Morton game so can’t comment on his performance in that one. 

Going by his comments I’d expect another midfielder in for the Dundee United game. Don’t know where this all leaves us in terms of other recruitment but right now the most pressing issue is midfield. I’m glad that the Chalmers deal isn’t going to rumble on and we’ve managed to get it over the line. He is a player who will win us games even when we are playing terribly and it sounds like he was only ever interested in coming back here. 

McCallister is so so bad. Like I feel sorry for how out his depth he is. They gave Ahui 45 minutes in a feisty game 2 days after arriving and that’s somehow been enough to convince him he’s worse than McCallister.

Swap the first word for McKenzie and the first 2 sentences are exactly the same. I’ll save that one though since his pals seem to be on here.

Chalmers was outstanding when he came on. He created our only really good chance out of nothing only for Bryden to produce the tamest finish I’ve ever seen. Chalmers and McGeady or Amartey from the start and we give that a much better shot than we did.

In the end though we hand the game to a very average team with no fight put up whatsoever, but it’s fine because we’ll limp to 40 points. Nearly vomited at the standing ovation at the end oh my Christ.

17 minutes ago, ecocme said:

Aye could be right there to be fair. I didn’t make the Morton game so can’t comment on his performance in that one. 

Everything that was said is True. He looked like a guy who'd just been plucked from the crowd but what made him worse than Bangala was the fact that he got involved more but not in a good way. He was immediately booked for a very rash challenge and then tried to beat players when on the edge of his own box and being swamped by Morton players with their tails up. He also played some terrible passes across his own box and basically just looked completely out of his depth.

In his defence he was chucked straight in at a difficult period of the game where our entire team was struggling and he'd also just arrived at the club the night before and hadn't even trained with the team so he's definitely worth another chance, probably against Falkirk would be the best time.

9 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

McCallister is so so bad. Like I feel sorry for how out his depth he is. They gave Ahui 45 minutes in a feisty game 2 days after arriving and that’s somehow been enough to convince him he’s worse than McCallister.

Swap the first word for McKenzie and the first 2 sentences are exactly the same. I’ll save that one though since his pals seem to be on here.

Chalmers was outstanding when he came on. He created our only really good chance out of nothing only for Bryden to produce the tamest finish I’ve ever seen. Chalmers and McGeady or Amartey from the start and we give that a much better shot than we did.

In the end though we hand the game to a very average team with no fight put up whatsoever, but it’s fine because we’ll limp to 40 points. Nearly vomited at the standing ovation at the end oh my Christ.

I don’t think you will find a single poster on here that wants to see McKenzie playing out wide, particularly over an actual player than can play there. I don’t think you’ll even find anyone that thinks he should be a starter in general. Starting him today goes down as one of those special Bullen decisions. 

Posters saying McKenzie is an okay squad option at times doesn’t make them his “pals” though. 

That really wasn't a bad performance today. Livingston weren't all over us, far from it.

Neither keeper having an awful lot to do either.

We're definitely a work in progress, that is very clear but having players like McGeady, Murphy and Chalmers in the squad gives me confidence that we're definitely on the right track.

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think you will find a single poster on here that wants to see McKenzie playing out wide, particularly over an actual player than can play there. I don’t think you’ll even find anyone that thinks he should be a starter in general. Starting him today goes down as one of those special Bullen decisions. 

Posters saying McKenzie is an okay squad option at times doesn’t make them his “pals” though. 

Don't want McKenzie anywhere near the team.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

With our current squad he is an adequate squad player but that says more about the squad than him. Should be phasing him out and moving on.

The lengths people went to to defend him on here were what I was aiming for. People were not wrong for calling him shite just as others are not wrong for saying he has a place in the squad.

1 minute ago, AyrAtlanta said:

With our current squad he is an adequate squad player but that says more about the squad than him. Should be phasing him out and moving on.

The lengths people went to to defend him on here were what I was aiming for. People were not wrong for calling him shite just as others are not wrong for saying he has a place in the squad.

He is shite out wide, I’ll give you that! Though, it isn’t his fault that Bullen continues to play him there, even when we have Amartey who has been very good so far and scored his first goal last week. 

3 minutes ago, Ayrutd1910 said:

Don't want McKenzie anywhere near the team.

He basically plays McKenzie over there to cover McAllister. It's like using 2 players for the one position. It's like being a man down.

Therefore if we get a decent RB in then we can drop McKenzie surely. It's Bullens boy though so probably won't.

23 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

I mentioned how bad McKenzie is once, but I think I got away with it…

1 minute ago, Shibuya said:

How was McGeady today?

Skilful as f**k. Great to watch. Can still create half a yard of room on the wing like it’s nothing and swung in some inviting balls that no one made use of. Will do a job.

6 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

How was McGeady today?

He was class, ripped the pish oot them and looked like the only chance of a goal. Chalmers was good when he came on, attacking and fighting for everything.  Mcallister was to blame for first goal imo, but also showed some Ronaldinhoesque skills later on. Livi were sharper on loose balls and stronger up front,  other than that we competed well. 

Edited by Only me...
Spelling