The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

@itzdrkif you get a minute - I see Dundee United have Docherty as having a 75% duel success rate on Saturday so I was wondering how our guys in the middle matched up in terms of duels and passes competed… 

Im obviously assuming horrifically, which wouldn’t entirely be their own fault, but I was just interested quite how badly. 

We don't need the stats to tell us how bad it was as our eyes managed that all by themselves.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

@itzdrkif you get a minute - I see Dundee United have Docherty as having a 75% duel success rate on Saturday so I was wondering how our guys in the middle matched up in terms of duels and passes competed… 

Im obviously assuming horrifically, which wouldn’t entirely be their own fault, but I was just interested quite how badly. 

I've got him higher than that. 

Attempted/won

Young - 8/2 - 25%

Musonda - 11/4 - 36%

Smith 8/3 - 38%

-

Docherty - 20/17 - 85%

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

We don't need the stats to tell us how bad it was as our eyes managed that all by themselves.

They did, but you can’t recall how two players matched up duel wise over an entire game and how they compared to each other etc so the stats help!

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I've got him higher than that. 

Attempted/won

Young - 8/2 - 25%

Musonda - 11/4 - 36%

Smith 8/3 - 38%

-

Docherty - 20/17 - 85%

Dundee United undervaluing Docherty already, but yeah a stark difference. Particularly when you consider Docherty was basically in there by himself, alongside an attacking midfielder in Glass. 

ETA, it now says 85% - so either I imagined it or they changed it!

Edited by No_Problemo

27 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Need a man that can get the best out of Dipo IMO 

This might be a joke but it wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up their next manager. 

The clubs have dealt with each other already in a pretty amicable way, Dipo might be able to put a good word in, Bullen gets a move back down South and closer to home and also gets to work with a team where he has a cheat code in it. 

29 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

This might be a joke but it wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up their next manager. 

The clubs have dealt with each other already in a pretty amicable way, Dipo might be able to put a good word in, Bullen gets a move back down South and closer to home and also gets to work with a team where he has a cheat code in it. 

As much as I was joking it would be a little annoying.  They'd see the manager being poached as some proof of success and try find someone who wants to do the same awful stuff.  I think we need him to be sacked to divert from Davie's hoofball dream. 

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

As much as I was joking it would be a little annoying.  They'd see the manager being poached as some proof of success and try find someone who wants to do the same awful stuff.  I think we need him to be sacked to divert from Davie's hoofball dream. 

Boss gets what the boss wants.

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Do you seriously think they're gonna speak to a player that's through the door for 10 minutes, and get advice on a new manager?

On 26/08/2023 at 17:23, diegomarahenry said:

Bullen has had the guts of 3 years and about 6 windows where he has been able to refresh the team.

Bullen was appointed in January 2022 so has just done 18 months at the club. That would cover 3 transfer windows.

13 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Do you seriously think they're gonna speak to a player that's through the door for 10 minutes, and get advice on a new manager?

People talk and if he popped up on their radar then obviously they might ask the one player at the club who’s played under him what he thinks.

Not sure what’s so hard to understand there.