The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I doubt Bullen would have started Musonda over McGinty anyway, so doesn’t overly matter if he is away - apart from bask up for injuries of course. Not exactly confident for this weekend! Hopefully Chalmers, McGeady and Amartey can pull us through and we can start to see something from Rose - although I’m pretty confident we will see McKenzie in place of Amartey. 

8 minutes ago, railwayend said:

I believe Glendinning works for more than one club . Which I guess muddies the waters a bit ….

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/ayr-united-appoint-new-head-25807133?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

It’s definitely not what was implied when he joined, so if that is the case we should surely be looking elsewhere - it’s not as if he is irreplaceable. 

Fully prepared to be completely wrong and left to slither away with my tail between my legs and leave it to the experts in @D'Jaffoand @GaryMc93 but we appear to have a new Twitter follower, who seems to be a family member of Sunderland striker Max Thompson.. 

You then add in the McGeady link… 

At least if I’ve got it horribly wrong, it won’t be a long wait with the deadline!

Edited by No_Problemo

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Fully prepared to be completely wrong and left to slither away with my tail between my legs and leave it to the experts in @D'Jaffoand @GaryMc93 but we appear to have a new Twitter follower, who seems to be a family member of Sunderland striker Max Thompson.. 

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Decent pedigree looking at his youth history. Looks like he was at Manchester United from 8-15, before jumping to Everton then Burnley for a couple of years. Although this line in his Wiki is interesting: "He progressed through the age groups at United, but surprisingly wasn't offered a scholarship and departed the club aged 15."

Just now, Hawk89 said:

Is it not for cross-border but, domestic continues until end of Sept? 

The cross border deadline for most leagues is 11pm on Friday 1st.

For Scotland, as previously, it's an hour later.

Most articles have failed to class that as Saturday 2nd and just left it as saying midnight on Friday 1st leading to the confusion.

You are correct that loans can be signed throughout September.

1 minute ago, Jamie_M said:

The cross border deadline for most leagues is 11pm on Friday 1st.

For Scotland, as previously, it's an hour later.

Most articles have failed to class that as Saturday 2nd and just left it as saying midnight on Friday 1st leading to the confusion.

You are correct that loans can be signed throughout September.

Yeah it was in the Scotsman online that it said it was Friday at midnight which I was presumed was tomorrow morning. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Hoping for an experienced goal scorer that can also help the young forward line and seeing a youth loan from Sunderland

Best Exasperated GIFs | Gfycat

I’m genuinely curious as to who people were expecting us to sign? Our forward line is the one area of the pitch where we have loads of experience in Murphy and McGeady. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Yeah it was in the Scotsman online that it said it was Friday at midnight which I was presumed was tomorrow morning. 

Yeah, easy mistake when the journalism is up to it's usual standards.

Tomorrow is definitely 'deadline day' - let the madness commence.

Falkirk jumping early on the right back search with a kid from Dundee Utd.

Wonder if you will join the rest of us back into the hunt with Ahui looking like a ringer.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m genuinely curious as to who people were expecting us to sign? Our forward line is the one area of the pitch where we have loads of experience in Murphy and McGeady. 

There have been several players available that we haven't signed, we went after the two oldest forwards in the league and failed. 

We are now going in to the season with a forward line that has maybe 10 goals between the three of them. 

Murphy and McGeady aren't front line, regular goal scorers. 

Just now, Jamie_M said:

Yeah, easy mistake when the journalism is up to it's usual standards.

Tomorrow is definitely 'deadline day' - let the madness commence.

Falkirk jumping early on the right back search with a kid from Dundee Utd.

Wonder if you will join the rest of us back into the hunt with Ahui looking like a ringer.

No chance. We’ve effectively got three right backs although one of them is 17 and being courted by Fulham so he might be away tomorrow. 

McAllister is awful and Ahui might well be the same but given we’ve gone to the bother of getting him up here on loan then we’ll give him until January at least. 

We need a striker and I think we’re also after a midfielder after Pendlebury fucked off yesterday. Regardless of what we do, this window won’t be considered a success as Bullen clearly stated he wanted to improve both full backs and we haven’t done anything at left back. There was a rumour that we’d offered Strapp something but he was holding out for something better but given we’ve had to completely overhaul our midfield in the last week then we probably don’t have the money to do that deal.