The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, Rb123 said:

Would certainly say that's the most flustered i've seen Bullen at press conference, also says it looks like we've missed out on a target, probably McGowan lol just to piss off @No_Problemo

Haha, it sounded like one that they were down the line with….

I’ll be even more fuming if it’s my first Twitter follower reveal and it doesn’t happen 😂

1 minute ago, GaryMc93 said:

Do wonder if Ross Stewart going to Southampton would impact that one if they can't get a replacement.

I wouldn’t have thought so given he is nowhere near it, and Mowbray has basically stated he isn’t good enough but I guess you never know if he has shown up well recently or something!

I didn’t really get the Bullen was rattled from watching the press conference.

I think his comments about budgets and getting players in were fairly standard and normal. There are only a few players available and they are outwith our budget is a fair enough comment if the only players are, for example Wotherspoon or McCarthy. 

6 minutes ago, Nelson said:

In fairness, finding an experienced midfielder has to be number one priority.  Just doesn’t sound as if it’s going to happen.  

In terms of players actually available I can think of McGowan and McCarthy and the former isn’t even a natural in that position. McCarthy would likely command a stupid wage to get him interested. Failing that we take a punt on Mulgrew and stick him in midfield. 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

In terms of players actually available I can think of McGowan and McCarthy and the former isn’t even a natural in that position. McCarthy would likely command a stupid wage to get him interested. Failing that we take a punt on Mulgrew and stick him in midfield. 

To be fair, he is as natural there as anywhere else really - played there 12 times last season, and the opening two games of last season. He is just very versatile. 

Sean Goss still available too. 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McCarthy was apparently on £12k a week at Celtic and has the guts of 3 years still to run. So he won't be a poor man when he gets out of that deal. 

As for signing for Ayr, it would depend on where he is as a player, does he think he could do a job at a higher level, at 32 he still has probably 4 years left at a top level. Does he think he could get a contract at a higher level based on his reputation, knowing he won't play much. 

If he is looking for an opportunity to keep playing while doing coaching badges or something like that, he may come to Ayr but I expect he'll be more likely to go to Hamilton if that was the case. 

17 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

Absolutely no one in this squad is hitting double figures in league goals this season.

Not an issue, so long as we get 6 or 7 from Murphy, 5 or 6 from McGeady, 6 or 7 from Rose, 5 or 6 from Amartey, 5 or 6 from Chalmers etc and a few from our midfield guys / Centre Backs.

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

It has been great watching English managers bleat on about the amount of money in Saudi football and how they can't compete

Cartman Drinking Tears GIFs | Tenor

Hopefully it will benefit Scottish football by increasing the value of talent coming out of Scotland. 

They've really lost the plot in England when they're all paying £40 and £50 Million for journeymen / squad player types. There also seems to be some sort of weird merry go round happening with 5 or 6 of the clubs, where they're swapping players between one another like panini stickers.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

They've really lost the plot in England when they're all paying £40 and £50 Million for journeymen / squad player types. There also seems to be some sort of weird merry go round happening with 5 or 6 of the clubs, where they're swapping players between one another like panini stickers.

It won't harm the English game much, there may be less eyeballs on them from the Asian market but they will still generate enough revenue and will but players from the Netherlands, France etc but they will now be a feeder league for other leagues. 

20 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It has been great watching English managers bleat on about the amount of money in Saudi football and how they can't compete

What Saudi teams are doing is basically what English teams have been doing for years.

They just don't like it up them.