The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, GuyIncognito said:

Murphy has actually been really good for us. Watched him away at St Johnstone in the cup and he strolled it.

I meant more as mentors to talk them through games.

15 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I meant more as mentors to talk them through games.

Yeah, but if you are playing a 4-3-3, Murphy and McGeady should be pretty high up the park in comparison to the defensive midfielders so it’s going to be pretty hard to talk them through a game. With the players we have brought in, you really need an experienced guy in the middle of the park to play that role. Chucking three kids into central midfield with barely any senior minutes is as inept as you can really get at this level recruitment wise. 

I actually think it’s impossible to talk three young players through a game in one position, regardless of your position. One, maybe two but three is ridiculous. 

Edited by No_Problemo

49 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Shite we can’t even use their league one status as they will likely be replacing us next season. 

Aye true, sinking feeling. It'll be us that are back to the billy big baws "we're too big for this league" stuff.

I mind some of our fans coming out wi stuff that like regularly while we were routinely pumped by better league 1 sides.

"More direct"

"3 players with 8 senior appearances"

"Hard work"

"Not giving them enough ammunition"

For all we've heard about the recruitment process, has to be the right type of player, won't just sign anyone etc. They have completely fucked that out the window. Only got themselves to blame for that.

And aye Bullen is fucked with the statements from that interview.

The confidence (if there is any left) of the players will now just drain away.

Whatever is being asked of them is not working and will not win football matches and one by one performance levels will drop and results will get worse.

I have seen NOTHING that will change that trajectory.

Just now, AUFC 1910 said:

The confidence (if there is any left) of the players will now just drain away.

Whatever is being asked of them is not working and will not win football matches and one by one performance levels will drop and results will get worse.

I have seen NOTHING that will change that trajectory.

Don't be too hasty there, give the incoming hoofball a chance now.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Out of sheer interest who would people be interested to see replace Bullen? 

Bearing in mind it’ll likely be another “head coach” rather than “manager”. 

Aiden McGeady would jump for it if offered to him

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Aiden McGeady would jump for it if offered to him

He’s already said that he isn’t interested in coaching so I’m not sure that would be the case. 

He might end up assisting White in the short term but I don’t think he’d be all that interested. 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Out of sheer interest who would people be interested to see replace Bullen? 

Bearing in mind it’ll likely be another “head coach” rather than “manager”. 

Someone in the McCabe/Bartley mould - I say mould as I don’t think either would touch us with the mess right now. 

In McGeady’s interview on PLZ he seemed to have changed his tune in terms of being a manager. 

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

So the only difference between us and Arbroath last season is we've spunked a load of money on top?

Arbroath finished second as a part-time side on a fraction of Ayr's budget. Dick Campbell is a much better manager than Bullen is.

When we appointed Bullen, I was desperate for Kettlewell and got shot down, look how that's turned out now :lol:

Kevin Thomson would maybe be a shout, think he could work with the "vision" we are trying to go with.  If you are talking rookie managers, David Gray looks like he will be overlooked again at Hibs, could he be worth a punt like QOS have took on Bartley?  These are guys who have links in Scottish football at least.

The problem is that it's not just "coaching". There's no DOF role involved in strategy. There's a head scout (whose stock after this summer is incredibly low), but other than that selection, tactics, motivation etc. all come down to Bullen (and allegedly McGeady). You can't just get a bib-and-cone man in.

34 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Someone in the McCabe/Bartley mould - I say mould as I don’t think either would touch us with the mess right now. 

In McGeady’s interview on PLZ he seemed to have changed his tune in terms of being a manager. 

Christophe Berra might be a shout. He's done coaching with us and Livingston. Not with any club at the moment.