The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Florian Kamberi is a 6ft 2 striker that's a free agent. Given the Hibs connection could Mathie not offer him a deal until January in the hope he becomes this seasons Shankland.

Laughable if you think Mathie will come near paying him what he would want. What he earned per week at Huddersfield would be more than what he would ever get at Ayr unfortunately!

Edited by AnonGuy7991

24 minutes ago, Aliayr76 said:

Another thing thought that had fixed the problem with the pa you could hardly here it again broke up all the time,it was better near the end of last season when thay had the speakers at the family stand.

Pretty sure it was replaced as one of the first things smith did after takeover.

Probably waiting until new stand being built to then install new thing around the ground

1 hour ago, Aliayr76 said:

Another thing thought that had fixed the problem with the pa you could hardly here it again broke up all the time,it was better near the end of last season when thay had the speakers at the family stand.

Possibly the difference between the announcer being a professional bingo caller versus some absolute rando with a smidgen of YouTube notoriety over a decade ago.

9 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

am sorry if I'm overreacting and/or being overdramatic, but it has been years since I have felt as pessimistic about a season. The squad, tactics, management and recruitment are all garbage. 

Nice new stand is getting built though. Here's a nice wee picture of some diggers.

Not over reacting , just dumb and short sighted with the last comment . 

8 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Dauber is treating Ayr like a f*cking holiday!

He's maybe scoping the beach out for training. Wouldn't be the first manager to send the players down it to run after a bad run of results.

24 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

He's maybe scoping the beach out for training. Wouldn't be the first manager to send the players down it to run after a bad run of results.

Chariots of Fire stuff there. If anything, they need technical training, as they already run about like dafties for 90 minutes. Some couldn't manage a two yard pass.

If Bullen thinks the solution is to just run harder then he's clearly not got a clue how to fix this.  That's birthday caird pish that folk who once watched Any Given Sunday spout. 

I could go out and "run harder" but it wouldn't change the fact I've got feet like a toblerone. 

MacLeod used to have the players run through the town during the week, mostly as PR but it was also giving accountability to the players, having them run down Ayr high street after a bad performance.

I’m not sure that would have the same effect today. Having the players jog past empty shops in front of a handful of bewildered pensioners. 

17 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

MacLeod used to have the players run through the town during the week, mostly as PR but it was also giving accountability to the players, having them run down Ayr high street after a bad performance.

I’m not sure that would have the same effect today. Having the players jog past empty shops in front of a handful of bewildered pensioners. 

The seagulls would freak out thinking it’s payback!

13 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Don’t think so. I think there’s genuine work and scouting going on here which is a tad more concerning. 

They must be getting recommended by someone/some agency using data surely?  Ayr United don't just have members of staff turning up at random English 6th/7th tier games hoping someone jumps out at them. 

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They must be getting recommended by someone/some agency using data surely?  Ayr United don't just have members of staff turning up at random English 6th/7th tier games hoping someone jumps out at them

That's what Glendinning does

Edited by itzdrk