The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

It wasn’t the referee and it wasn’t Raith’s alleged gamesmanship.  We simply aren’t good enough when it counts and where it counts.  I presume Rose was injured, but the sight of McKenzie coming on at half time when we’re chasing 2 goals was utterly depressing.  Seems increasingly clear that Amartey has fallen out with Bullen.  Not convinced he’s much of an answer, but it would be good to at least seem get a try.  

23 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

That stat is extremely depressing

I can brighten your evening by telling you it's actually five wins, but against four teams. 

If you put them in to context it doesn't make great viewing. 

Cove - relegated

Hamilton - relegated

Raith - end of season, had 1 sub

Inverness *2 - sacked their manager 

2 minutes ago, Nelson said:

It wasn’t the referee and it wasn’t Raith’s alleged gamesmanship.  We simply aren’t good enough when it counts and where it counts.  I presume Rose was injured, but the sight of McKenzie coming on at half time when we’re chasing 2 goals was utterly depressing.  Seems increasingly clear that Amartey has fallen out with Bullen.  Not convinced he’s much of an answer, but it would be good to at least seem get a try.  

Dowds has shown enough for me that he can play as a lone striker so I’d quite like to see him up front with a three of Chalmers, Amartey and Murphy supporting him. Who plays behind Dowds I’m not sure but I think of the three Chalmers might suit that role better. 

1 minute ago, Shibuya said:

I can brighten your evening by telling you it's actually five wins, but against four teams. 

Cove - relegated

Hamilton - relegated

It just all smacks of relegation material - and that would be a complete and utter disaster with everything else that is going on 😢

2 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Cove - relegated

Hamilton - relegated

It's only 4 league games:

Hamilton on 7th Jan

Cove on 24th March

Raith on 29th April

ICT on 12th August

We beat ICT away in May, I think you're maybe counting that?

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dowds has shown enough for me that he can play as a lone striker so I’d quite like to see him up front with a three of Chalmers, Amartey and Murphy supporting him. Who plays behind Dowds I’m not sure but I think of the three Chalmers might suit that role better. 

Make it so.

5 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Raith deployed dark arts to manage the game and the referee didn’t do his job to stop it, so there is no blame on Raith.

Their keeper was taking an age to kick the ball out, the referee ran in to the 18 yard box to tell him to hurry up, he picked the ball up and took it to the other side as the referee was talking to him.

That should have been a yellow card.

Easton faking injury, the referee stopping play, Easton then trying to refuse treatment, the referee insisting he gets it and then leave the park.
Easton then getting up and arguing about going off before slow walking to the side of the park, all without a booking. Then letting him back on as soon as the ball was in play. 

He let Raith treat him like a bitch, we could have attempted these things but didn’t. 

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

It's only 4 league games:

Hamilton on 7th Jan

Cove on 24th March

Raith on 29th April

ICT on 12th August

We beat ICT away in May, I think you're maybe counting that?

Oh. My mistake, you're absolutely right. 

As you were then, four home wins in the league!

10 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Was saying this to my mates at today. Don’t understand why we bring on Mckenzie when we are 2 down and chasing shadows. The guys not a game changer (1st qp away game last season the exception). Surely to fck Amartey is a better option. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Raith deployed dark arts to manage the game and the referee didn’t do his job to stop it, so there is no blame on Raith.

Their keeper was taking an age to kick the ball out, the referee ran in to the 18 yard box to tell him to hurry up, he picked the ball up and took it to the other side as the referee was talking to him.

That should have been a yellow card.

Easton faking injury, the referee stopping play, Easton then trying to refuse treatment, the referee insisting he gets it and then leave the park.
Easton then getting up and arguing about going off before slow walking to the side of the park, all without a booking. Then letting him back on as soon as the ball was in play. 

He let Raith treat him like a bitch, we could have attempted these things but didn’t. 

Honestly, that’s just embarrassing talk.  Raith just managed the game professionally.  There was no dark arts.  It’s just another excuse for us simply not being good enough.  Of the team that started today, only Chalmers, Murphy, Dowds and probably Albinson (though he’s been a bit ropey this season) look like legitimate Championship level players.  The rest are just various degrees of honest hard workers who basically aren’t up to it.

4 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

Was saying this to my mates at today. Don’t understand why we bring on Mckenzie when we are 2 down and chasing shadows. The guys not a game changer (1st qp away game last season the exception). Surely to fck Amartey is a better option. 

While I agree with the general point, surely McKenzie did change the game to some extent by injecting some physicality, energy and driving with the ball that Rose seems incapable of. We improved hugely when he was on the park…

f**k knows what is happening with Amartey, a completely bizarre one. 

3 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Honestly, that’s just embarrassing talk.  Raith just managed the game professionally.  There was no dark arts.  It’s just another excuse for us simply not being good enough.  Of the team that started today, only Chalmers, Murphy, Dowds and probably Albinson (though he’s been a bit ropey this season) look like legitimate Championship level players.  The rest are just various degrees of honest hard workers who basically aren’t up to it.

Raith managed the game by wasting time, getting in the referees ear and breaking up the game. 

Ayr gifted two goals but in the second half they dominated things, we had 3-4 chances to get at least a draw, Murphys run in to the box, Chalmers shot, Readings effort and Chalmers cross that missed everyone and scraped the far post. 

We were well pumped by Dundee United, Arbroath and Thistle but today we should have had at least a draw, we matched up to Raith and were the better team for at least 45 minutes.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

While I agree with the general point, surely McKenzie did change the game to some extent by injecting some physicality, energy and driving with the ball that Rose seems incapable of. We improved hugely when he was on the park…

He absolutely did. Was far more physical and urgent than Rose. He’s not a brilliant player but I thought he made a positive difference today when brought on. I would’ve had Amartey on as well but I’m not sure bringing Murphy or Chalmers off would’ve helped make us better. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

McKenzie was x10 better than Rose and made a big impact.

Would Amartey have been better? Maybe? 

19 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

We're talking about home league wins, no? Including away games it's more like 8 wins in 2023 (I think...).

Ahh apologies I am dipping in and out and not reading back. 

tbh I’m completely scunnered with Ayr united at the moment and honest don’t see me getting any interest back  in them till bullen leaves