The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Not long posted in the other thread about this - genuinely unbelievable stuff. I’m assuming we now have McKenzie wide. 

Reserve goalkeeper on

right back at centre half 

left back at right back

winger off to allow a forward to play on the wing

We had to change something and going to a back five is probably the best we could do even just to keep it to 3-0. Taking Chalmers looks bizarre on the face of it but he doesn’t fit anywhere into that shape that we’ve switched to in the second half. 

The real criminality from Bullen was the blaming of the players last week for something that is firmly on the doorstep of the manager. Even getting Dowds coming out in agreement in midweek doesn’t change that. We’re so fragile defensively yet we decided to try and settle at 2-1 and took off the one player that was actually holding the ball at the other end of the park. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We had to change something and going to a back five is probably the best we could do even just to keep it to 3-0. Taking Chalmers looks bizarre on the face of it but he doesn’t fit anywhere into that shape that we’ve switched to in the second half. 

The real criminality from Bullen was the blaming of the players last week for something that is firmly on the doorstep of the manager. Even getting Dowds coming out in agreement in midweek doesn’t change that. We’re so fragile defensively yet we decided to try and settle at 2-1 and took off the one player that was actually holding the ball at the other end of the park. 

Chalmers can easily fit into a three at the back style formation - Bullen is just incapable of doing anything outwith a traditional 3-5-2. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Chalmers can easily fit into a three at the back style formation - Bullen is just incapable of doing anything outwith a traditional 3-5-2. 

I really don’t think he can unless you’re going a bit more baws out with three up front. Three at the back and five across the midfield should in theory stem the tide a bit. 

Edit: I take all this back. Bringing McGeady on about twenty minutes after taking Chalmers off is just fucking mental. 

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I really don’t think he can unless you’re going a bit more baws out with three up front. Three at the back and five across the midfield should in theory stem the tide a bit. 

Edit: I take all this back. Bringing McGeady on about twenty minutes after taking Chalmers off is just fucking mental. 

Haha!

If you look at a Scotland style set up he definitely can - far better than having two strikers up front just because IMO. Especially when Rose is well, shite!

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You can easily set up like this 

Screenshot_20231111-164941.png

Both inverness and arbroath have 2 games in hand over us with only 2 points difference, easy to see us 2nd bottom shortly,  giving morton some motivation. If musonda ever gets match fit, he's away to Africa in January,  we need emergency loans in to patch some sort of capable defence.

1 minute ago, AuAl said:

I know everyone's angry at the performance but the c***s loudly cheering when a player gets substituted are fucking arseholes. f**k off

The last folk I'd be criticising are the fans who have travelled over 200 miles and given up the majority of their Saturday for that!

My prediction from BGM post match -

Inverness is a hard place to come and they are the form team in the division.

Losing Stanger to injury meant the gameplan went out the window and it became about damage limitation. Our makeshift defence couldn't hold out.

The system change worked as it stemmed the tide and we won the second half.

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

It’s a damning indictment of how little progress has been made over the last year that once again, 2 injuries reduces us to McAllister at centre half and Ecrepont at Right back.  

Let's be fair here. The fullbacks played well in the League Cup.