The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

Yes I agree the players physical and mental health matters .but we have a whole load of jobs and not one Is improving the product on the pitch

How do you prove that negative, exactly?

Nobody on the team is visibly overweight. This is not something that can always have been said. That's a start isn't it?

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

No nobler a cause mate.

Congrats, I remember it well. Life changing doesn't cover it! 

Do not screw the kids life up by buying them season tickets for Somerset like I have.

It would have been kinder to introduce them to smack.

Congratulations btw, it's a great excuse to spend a Saturday at kidz play instead of the football.

My firstborn is starting judo tomorrow. Fully expect an emergency phone call around noon.

When I was home at Christmas someone suggested that I let him have Ajax as his team. Of course they've been making a bit of a c**t of it this season as well.

3 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

love how I find someone on twitter having a go at Jamie Murphy calling him a Passanger when without his goal contributions i reckon we would be bottom 

It might be the Amartey effect in reverse. A lot of people can see what he brings to the team and wonder why he's not starting. Murphy is in his position. Unless we were to see a tactical change and see Muprhy, Amartey, Chalmers & Dowds start. I think that's too baws oot for Bullen.

6 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

A fair idea just in case your board haven’t thought of it yet is borrow about £10-£12 million from the bank and build yourself a stadium and a cup-winning top flight team and just hope that one day the bank just say not to bother paying it back.

A former regime tried this. One of the slight errors was that the stadium that was built was an ice rink.

7 minutes ago, Peil said:

Started with him talking to his mates about p*kis, progressed (sic) to Muslims running Scotland and then how it's aw they blacks in London causing crime and how it's getting like that up here.

At this point I blew up and told him to take his racist pish Tae fk

First defender was it's a personal conversation, nothing to do with me, them he's no a racist. Guy next to me called him out for it as well.

Half time, he comes down wanting to make up as we're all Ayr fans, and to shake my hand. Told him not a fucking chance. I've got black people on the family via the wife, so I can't let it lie.

He then says he was talking about the 70s and 80s, asked how old I was. 49, his face as he realised I was older...

Then he actually says "I've got a black niece, black as the ace of spades, but we aw love her"

Bet she's thrilled at that😐

Then when I pointed out he'd also went on about Muslims running the country he started about have you read the Koran.

They left at the third goal.

As long as they weren’t slagging Morton fans then there isn’t a problem…….

Its a poor excuse, the Jim Davidson defence of, I have mates that are West Indian/Pakistani/Indian/African(all one place) and they think its funny so it can’t be racist. Or the -  I hate the Muslims/Blacks/Trans apart from the ones I know, they are alright.its those other ones…….. It’s the sign of a fuckwit. 

I worked with a guy who complained about the installation of a prayer room at my work. “What if I decide I want to go in and pray at 12 noon?” 
well, go in and pray. 
What if I complain that they are making noise that puts me off? What happens then eh? Who gets the blame? 
I said, go in and if Nav is making a noise, go up any tell him to be quiet, lift him up and tell him to leave. Nav was a great guy, one of the nicest guys I’ve ever worked with. 
“Oh no, Nav’s alright, it’s just the principle of the thing, I don’t care what he does” it’s the rest of them.” 

And you can’t argue with that kind of logic

25 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

the other accused Albinson of deliberately conceding a goal to get Bullen sacked. 

:lol: that's the Somerset Road End alright.  I hope these cave dwellers stay where they belong next season when some of us are trying to enjoy being away from them again. 

20 minutes ago, Peil said:

Started with him talking to his mates about p*kis, progressed (sic) to Muslims running Scotland and then how it's aw they blacks in London causing crime and how it's getting like that up here.

At this point I blew up and told him to take his racist pish Tae fk

First defender was it's a personal conversation, nothing to do with me, them he's no a racist. Guy next to me called him out for it as well.

Half time, he comes down wanting to make up as we're all Ayr fans, and to shake my hand. Told him not a fucking chance. I've got black people on the family via the wife, so I can't let it lie.

He then says he was talking about the 70s and 80s, asked how old I was. 49, his face as he realised I was older...

Then he actually says "I've got a black niece, black as the ace of spades, but we aw love her"

Bet she's thrilled at that😐

Then when I pointed out he'd also went on about Muslims running the country he started about have you read the Koran.

They left at the third goal.

Jesus Christ what a freak.  

15 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

@Peil That's fucking horrific. Glad you challenged the racist. There should be no place for that behaviour in society let alone at the football.

Aye, there's a couple on here know me irl, some from school, so they know I don't exactly go looking for confrontation.

But as I got older and more confident, I realise if I don't stand up and say something, I'm condoning.

21 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

That’s me calling it a day until Bullen’s gone. The imminent birth of my first child is also an excellent excuse not to be going at the moment! 

p.s. Did anyone else have Inverness at 2/1 today? Easiest money I’ll make all year.

I was a home and away for 25yrs fan before my first came along and I took a step back, forced but also unforced. You don’t get the early years back. Just remember when times are hard, because it will get hard, that it’s a marathon and not a sprint. The good times massively outweigh the difficult times and nothing is for ever. I promise, your wean will sleep all through the night. Someday! Good luck to you and mum.

19 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

A fair idea just in case your board haven’t thought of it yet is borrow about £10-£12 million from the bank and build yourself a stadium and a cup-winning top flight team and just hope that one day the bank just say not to bother paying it back.

Could’ve just accepted David Murray’s money all those years ago. 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

As long as they weren’t slagging Morton fans then there isn’t a problem…….

Its a poor excuse, the Jim Davidson defence of, I have mates that are West Indian/Pakistani/Indian/African(all one place) and they think its funny so it can’t be racist. Or the -  I hate the Muslims/Blacks/Trans apart from the ones I know, they are alright.its those other ones…….. It’s the sign of a fuckwit. 

I worked with a guy who complained about the installation of a prayer room at my work. “What if I decide I want to go in and pray at 12 noon?” 
well, go in and pray. 
What if I complain that they are making noise that puts me off? What happens then eh? Who gets the blame? 
I said, go in and if Nav is making a noise, go up any tell him to be quiet, lift him up and tell him to leave. Nav was a great guy, one of the nicest guys I’ve ever worked with. 
“Oh no, Nav’s alright, it’s just the principle of the thing, I don’t care what he does” it’s the rest of them.” 

And you can’t argue with that kind of logic

There was also a woman in my work who was from Nigeria. She always went heavy on the perfume. 

He asked if she was in one day, I said yes, the whole office is stinking because of her. His reply was outstanding dumfuckery 

“That’ll be all the curry she eats” 

6 minutes ago, Peil said:

Aye, there's a couple on here know me irl, some from school, so they know I don't exactly go looking for confrontation.

But as I got older and more confident, I realise if I don't stand up and say something, I'm condoning.

You should have cracked his jaw.

30 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

That’s me calling it a day until Bullen’s gone. The imminent birth of my first child is also an excellent excuse not to be going at the moment! 

p.s. Did anyone else have Inverness at 2/1 today? Easiest money I’ll make all year.

Congratulations.

As others said, enjoy it. I had 2 in my late 20s, 1 in my early 30s and the latest at 47.

For all I don't have the energy I did in my earlier years, the sheer joy I have being able to get those wee moments again is unreal. You'll be knackered, crabbit, skint, but one wee cuddle with daddy and it's no that bad

8 minutes ago, Peil said:

Fair play for remaining reasonable by the way. 

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

You should have cracked his jaw.

Not me, honestly don't think I've ever thrown a first dig in my life.

29 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

You forgot about dipping your senile old aunties purse as well