The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Were they not in charge for 5-6 games?

And is it the 4-3 Alloa game you're referring to?

I believe it was that game I was thinking of.

22 minutes ago, Coollestersmoothe said:

Maybe Bangala was the banter case amongst agents. Must’ve been  a bonus at Jerry Maguire HQ for the guy that found the biggest sucker that would sign him. 

Not only did we sign him, by Paul Hartley actually watched him play against them and concluded he was just the thing he needed for his struggling Cove team and signed him on loan! I think that may actually be even more crazy than our signing him since I doubt Bullen had ever seen him play live.

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

That was a cracking game. Ayr were 3-1 down at half-time as well. It was a brilliant comeback. 

Screenshot_20240110_103534_Chrome.thumb.jpg.556680cee0671645783df6ebabd51661.jpg

I'm sure they made a ridiculous tactical switch in the second half, going 2-3-5 or 3-3-4 or something like that.

21 minutes ago, rgreig said:

Not only did we sign him, by Paul Hartley actually watched him play against them and concluded he was just the thing he needed for his struggling Cove team and signed him on loan! I think that may actually be even more crazy than our signing him since I doubt Bullen had ever seen him play live.

Tbf the Cove Rangers game was the only one he did not look entirely out of place in. That says more about Cove than him though.

Unlikely we’ll have anyone in the door before the Arbroath double header, a team below us in the table. Two wins could be huge for us and you think it would be key to try and pull out all the stops. 

But we will have full belief in the work ethic of the squad and the hunger they have shown that they deserve a chance to turn it around. Despite all evidence that they haven’t improved all year. 

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Unlikely we’ll have anyone in the door before the Arbroath double header, a team below us in the table. Two wins could be huge for us and you think it would be key to try and pull out all the stops. 

But we will have full belief in the work ethic of the squad and the hunger they have shown that they deserve a chance to turn it around. Despite all evidence that they haven’t improved all year. 

I agree. The fighting spirit they showed to only get pumped 3-1 at home last week has convinced me they can deliver.

25 minutes ago, Scott-ish said:

For all we might laugh at Bangala, he's actually given me the most joy supporting Ayr over the past 2 seasons. 

That's where we're at.

Imagine this Ayr team with Bangala in the engine room.

2 hours ago, Iain said:

I'm sure they made a ridiculous tactical switch in the second half, going 2-3-5 or 3-3-4 or something like that.

Yeah, we had a ridiculous number of forwards on by the end of the game.

I am not sure that was Reid's doing though. He never did anything as balls out as that when he was permanent manager. It was more likely McGeown.

I remember hoping we would persist with that management team. It might have ended up going to shite, but at least it wasn't boring.

2 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Tbf the Cove Rangers game was the only one he did not look entirely out of place in. That says more about Cove than him though.

He played for us up there in the cup tie on 31st January.
Spent the game being told where to stand by McAdams.

Wild that they saw him in that game and then decided, he'll do for us