The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I think they must be using dial up!!! I stay 5mins from Somerset and have flawless 1gig virgin internet. Beyond a joke.

I stopped buying streams ages ago. Every single one I bought cut out. If you're charging people money for a stream at least make sure it works FFS.

Edited by Richey Edwards

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I stopped buying streams ages ago. Every single one I bought cut out. If you're charging people money for a stream at least make sure it works FFS.

Wain in bed otherwise I'd be there.... You try do your best to support the club... it's dire. 

We should have won that second half tbh. 

Delighted to see Franny show that he does have something to offer. 

He won’t get much credit but McKenzie won a load in the middle of the park too. 

Clarke looked woeful at the first, unfortunately he is just far too limited at cross balls right now. 

Second half was better viewing than the first, that wouldn't have been hard though. Glad to take a point although we really did have some chances for a winner that would have been huge.

Not much fun to watch but a 4 point gap to 9th and we just have to be winning on Saturday. 3 points and we are getting very close to being safe.

Still just looking forward to this season being done. Thought Amartey was our best player tonight, was surprised to see him subbed instead of Bryden tbh.

Edited by AUcal

5 minutes ago, AUcal said:

Second half was better viewing than the first, that wouldn't have been hard though. Glad to take a point although we really did have some chances for a winner that would have been huge.

Not much fun to watch but a 4 point gap to 9th and we just have to be winning on Saturday. 3 points and we are getting very close to being safe.

Still just looking forward to this season being done. Thought Amartey was our best player tonight, was surprised to see him subbed instead of Bryden tbh.

Not even sure when he last started a game, never mind played ninety tbf - although he didn’t look to be tiring. 

He has clearly been hugely underused this season, I’m guessing Brown has done lots of defensive work with him since coming in though. 

2 hours ago, Its not only a game said:

Brown and Whittaker have probably played at a higher level than any other manager in your league. Brown in particular was recognised as a very good captain and leader- always thought he was smart.

Reading the thread Ayr seem to have a bare bones of a squad- the conditions apparently are poor and you have lost every game this year to Morton. Maybe Brown has thought been bullied in the past , youngsters will be even more bullied- this is a night for a battle and has put a team to do that?Morton do like a battle..

no idea- if he wins he will be a genius- if he loses an a-se- fitba eh…

On reflection- right or a-rse?

Tonight perfectly encapsulated what we need to fix for next season. We need to be more dominant and organised in our box at set pieces. We’re generally fine defending the box in open play but from corners and free kicks I constantly have the fear. Clarke is a good young goalie but I think we need someone more assured for next season. 

Going forward we need a foil for Dowds. The amount of knock downs or headers on that he gets for absolutely no one is infuriating. Logan Chalmers also had his worst game in an Ayr jersey tonight and it all stemmed from a terrible first touch of the ball where Morton pressured him and took it off him. He recovered a bit in the second half but still wasn’t very good. We need more quality in the wider areas next season. 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Tonight perfectly encapsulated what we need to fix for next season. We need to be more dominant and organised in our box at set pieces. We’re generally fine defending the box in open play but from corners and free kicks I constantly have the fear. Clarke is a good young goalie but I think we need someone more assured for next season. 

Going forward we need a foil for Dowds. The amount of knock downs or headers on that he gets for absolutely no one is infuriating. Logan Chalmers also had his worst game in an Ayr jersey tonight and it all stemmed from a terrible first touch of the ball where Morton pressured him and took it off him. He recovered a bit in the second half but still wasn’t very good. We need more quality in the wider areas next season. 

Chalmers wasn't helped by the lack of midfield numbers and the fact he had a centre half at right back who wasn't the most natural support man. Looked isolated a lot of the time which is a tactical issue rather than anything he should be doing better.

The chances of finding a consistent winger at any level of football are pretty slim. Chalmers' threat and upside more than make up for the quiet days.

Dreadful game, really scrappy. Morton are a gang and we had to be to with the players we had. Looked a draw from kick-off as both teams seemed happy to boot it hard and then play head tennis. 

With all the changes we made, we had 4 centre halfs on the park and still lost a goal from a set play. Letting Morton score plays straight in to their hands and it looked like being one of those days. Amartey was barely used in the first half, he had the ball three times and created something with all three including the cross for the goal. 

Second half was much the same, really scrappy and in the end it was just two teams trying to keep the ball out their own box. 

Thought Musonda had his best game at left back, Sanders played well, I don't know about the goal but he barely put a foot wrong. Dempsey was good in midfield, Mckenzie battled a lot but chased his first touch quite a bit. Chalmers took a kicking but did ok. Amartey didn't show much in the second half. Dowds and Bryden put themselves about a lot but no one won second balls from them. 

Draw was probably fair, hopefully it is a case of turning defeats in to draws rather than wins in to draws tonight.