The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, AUcal said:

I see some of the wee guys piping up with "we're the ones that make the atmosphere home and away" - a throwback to the Bellrock patter.

There is no atmosphere home or away, it died off dramatically under Bullen's time amongst the apathy. 

While we are at it, the myth of the Somerset Road End died last year when basically the whole support was in there for a season.  

17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Tbh I'd rather have played anyone for the new stand opening rather than one of the OF. A day that's supposed to be about the new stand soundtracked by IRA bile and now fan "division" 🤢

Plenty of Ayr fans join in with songs at least as bad as what the Celtic fans will come up with.

I still don’t mind the decision at all, but wouldn’t just dismiss what the young supporters think. 

Attracting the young guys along is all about that sense of community and their spot in the ground is a big part of that. We obviously want to build on that, something we generally aren’t very good at, and this obviously doesn’t help. 

Hopefully there can be some form of peace offering using some of the cash from the Celtic game - free entry for everyone up to the age of 18 for the opening league game for example. Get a good atmosphere about the place from the start and it can help to build things. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

I still don’t mind the decision at all, but wouldn’t just dismiss what the young supporters think. 

Attracting the young guys along is all about that sense of community and their spot in the ground is a big part of that. We obviously want to build on that, something we generally aren’t very good at, and this obviously doesn’t help. 

Hopefully there can be some form of peace offering using some of the cash from the Celtic game - free entry for everyone up to the age of 18 for the opening league game for example. Get a good atmosphere about the place from the start and it can help to build things. 

Get them involved in creating murals for the back wall of the Somerset Road End. That will make them feel a sense of ownership and clearly mark out the area as being Ayr territory if that's so important.

Just now, Iain said:

Get them involved in creating murals for the back wall of the Somerset Road End. That will make them feel a sense of ownership and clearly mark out the area as being Ayr territory if that's so important.

Look forward to them being all of Fraser Bryden

Just now, Iain said:

Birthday caird pish.

The SRE is their spot and the club have sold them out.

Their banner will need to be removed from the back wall or the knuckle draggers will just destroy it. 

Immensely short sighted by the club.

Just now, Iain said:

Really looking forward to finishing work and thinking of all the stars that would be on that.  Nicholas McCalister for sure.  

Just now, itzdrk said:

Really looking forward to finishing work and thinking of all the stars that would be on that.  Nicholas McCalister for sure.  

I really just meant to let them colour it in

2 minutes ago, Iain said:

Aye, that's a cracking idea.

There has been plenty of graffiti art style stuff done in Ayrshire recently. 

Just now, Scott-ish said:

Maybe we could patronise these young men/women a bit more by giving them a lolly at the gate and a selfie with the Panda.

They’d only throw it onto the pitch so I wouldn’t bother. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

They’d only throw it onto the pitch so I wouldn’t bother. 

Might be a good idea to hand them out the next time wee Dougie Ross is running the line. Id love to see him get a few chupa-chups off his skull.

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Any of them good at sculpting?

Could create Bangala Statue Square.