The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

I assume if there’s rumors of Ashcroft then that means Sanders isn’t happening 

Think the radio silence on him means he’s away elsewhere. Ashcroft is an upgrade on him to be fair. 

2 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:

I think he lives down this way

He started at Killie so it wouldn’t surprise me. 

I wonder if we looked to get Sanders and Ashcroft in, release McGinty (assuming that is happening) and re-sign Musonda left back cover and he's maybe thinkng about Stanger as our new right back...

3 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Lee Ashcroft would be a big upgrade over Saunders 

Absolutely would thou as the others have said injuries could be a worry but no doubt he would be an upgrade 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Think the radio silence on him means he’s away elsewhere. Ashcroft is an upgrade on him to be fair. 

He started at Killie so it wouldn’t surprise me. 

Barrhead boy according to Wiki

14 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

I assume if there’s rumors of Ashcroft then that means Sanders isn’t happening 

Perhaps, we are still early in the window and don't know for sure if the McGinty stuff was true.  He's probably more his replacement.  

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

“Productive” talks have been held with Musonda and we’re nearing deals for two players in England. A midfielder and a winger (presumably Rus). 

Midfielder could cover any of 6 positions, hate when it's so vague.   

Like when you get told there is a forward in talks and it turns out they are like Amartey and really they are just a winger which could've been said without revealing anything :lol:.  

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Like when you get told there is a forward in talks and it turns out they are like Amartey and really they are just a winger which could've been said without revealing anything :lol:.  

Scrap that, 9 positions.  

Screenshot_20240612-113235.png

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Presuming it’s someone to compete with Dempsey, Murdoch and Syla. I can’t see us playing with an out and out attacking midfielder behind the striker given we’ve signed Dowds and Oakley. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Presuming it’s someone to compete with Dempsey, Murdoch and Syla. I can’t see us playing with an out and out attacking midfielder behind the striker given we’ve signed Dowds and Oakley. 

I think all the white text positions are still in play (I think it looks like a 442 at least to start with now aye). 

Lumii_20240612_115027694.thumb.jpg.e262c9d33c9b23d3463573ebf528f077.jpg

I've missed some of the younger boys out as I'm not totally clear on where they play and I don't expect to see them anyway.  

22 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I think all the white text positions are still in play (I think it looks like a 442 at least to start with now aye). 

Lumii_20240612_115027694.thumb.jpg.e262c9d33c9b23d3463573ebf528f077.jpg

I've missed some of the younger boys out as I'm not totally clear on where they play and I don't expect to see them anyway.  

Screams 7th place.

A quick look at Transfermarkt and there’s a list of the out of contract midfielders currently playing in the National League. 

One of them is none other than Anthony Gomez Mancini. Make it happen Mr Ayr. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

A quick look at Transfermarkt and there’s a list of the out of contract midfielders currently playing in the National League. 

One of them is none other than Anthony Gomez Mancini. Make it happen Mr Ayr. 

He was a cracking signing in FM2022.

Do it.