The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Only me... said:

Wonder if Dipo told them he played with him at Ayr, known as Irish Messi, get him signed. Awks at first training session .

Daire is still with Glentoran. Darragh signed with York.

Dipo played against Darragh.

30 minutes ago, wullieaufc said:

Dylan Corr an option we could go for, seems rated by Raith fans?

If we’re wanting to improve on this season and have a serious go at promotion then we shouldn’t really be targeting players deemed not good enough for another championship club. 

4 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Morton are signing a number of good players at the minute. Could see them challenging for top 4 this season.

I would say that the players that have left morton are better than what is replacing them so far. Partick and Raith are looking strong, we could be if we continue with a few more proven names. Still unsure about Livi. Playoffs could be interesting this year. 

5 minutes ago, Only me... said:

I would say that the players that have left morton are better than what is replacing them so far. Partick and Raith are looking strong, we could be if we continue with a few more proven names. Still unsure about Livi. Playoffs could be interesting this year. 

I honestly don't think there will be much about Livingston this year. Raith and Partick, yes, Livingston? Nah. 

They've got Stephen Kelly though, would snatch him in a heartbeat.

It's a hard one, even with proven names. We had that clown Maguire and he was one of the worst signings in Ayrs recent history. On the opposite, we have Jamie Murphy, who puts in a shift every game.

Could go either way. There aren't many defensive options I can think of at the moment.

Looking at center backs and Right Backs who seem to be out of contract from the bottom of the premier league and championship the options seem to be Jack Baldwin, Bevis Mugabi, Callum Butcher, Wallace Duffy and Ross Millen. No idea if we are interested in any of them or fit the playing style Brown wants but that's what your looking at if it's a Scottish based player your looking for.

9 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

It's a hard one, even with proven names. We had that clown Maguire and he was one of the worst signings in Ayrs recent history. On the opposite, we have Jamie Murphy, who puts in a shift every game.

Could go either way. There aren't many defensive options I can think of at the moment.

I mentioned proven names as a preference to loanees and unknown gambles from English pub leagues. I am starting to fear that we may be dipping into that market for the remainder of our squad shortly as decent availability dries up in scotland.

4 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Looking at center backs and Right Backs who seem to be out of contract from the bottom of the premier league and championship the options seem to be Jack Baldwin, Bevis Mugabi, Callum Butcher, Wallace Duffy and Ross Millen. No idea if we are interested in any of them or fit the playing style Brown wants but that's what your looking at if it's a Scottish based player your looking for.

I would love us to sign Butcher, as a centre mid though that can cover elsewhere too. 

4 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

See, I did the opposite and looked at players from the relegated teams or those around the play offs. Montrose, Alloa, hamilton Inverness.....see who's released or out of contract.

1 minute ago, Only me... said:

I mentioned proven names as a preference to loanees and unknown gambles from English pub leagues. I am starting to fear that we may be dipping into that market for the remainder of our squad shortly as decent availability dries up in scotland.

It's a sadly shared fear 😬 Hope there's someone found soon.

5 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Get ready for a Centre back from St Albans/Alfreton

We only need someone ti be good enough to be third choice tbf.  

18 minutes ago, NoAmarteyNoParty said:

Not sure how long this has been there, but there's a photo up inside Hampden detailing Franny Amartey's outstanding performance against St.Johnstone in the League Cup last year.

20240625_105811.jpg

Is this in the hall of fame? 

40 minutes ago, NoAmarteyNoParty said:

Not sure how long this has been there, but there's a photo up inside Hampden detailing Franny Amartey's outstanding performance against St.Johnstone in the League Cup last year.

20240625_105811.jpg

Flanked by photos of Billy McNeill hoisting the European Cup and the crossbar coming down at Wembley in the 70s I suspect.

42 minutes ago, NoAmarteyNoParty said:

20240625_105811.jpg

He was fantastic that night, really wanted him to kick on this season. 

2 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

It was a shame he didn't get many chances. 

He didn't really take them when he got them. He hid far too often.