The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

19 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Re the north stand, can you walk round from the SRE and stand on the terraced section?

Terrace is as normal 

Bit puzzled by our interest in Hamilton if I’m honest.  Hasn’t played for 2 years with chronic thigh muscle issues - was he really that well thought of at Accies to warrant us taking a huge risk on him?

1 minute ago, Nelson said:

Bit puzzled by our interest in Hamilton if I’m honest.  Hasn’t played for 2 years with chronic thigh muscle issues - was he really that well thought of at Accies to warrant us taking a huge risk on him?

Watched him play against East Stirling; he looked very composed on the ball, yet big enough to deal with the rough and tumble.

Fits in with what we 'look' like playing this season.  His value / injury concern is the balance. 

7 minutes ago, Nelson said:

yeah lot of people (Accies Fans) felt he was likely destined to be Premiership bound before his injuries, and from seeing him play in the friendlies he looks comfortable on the ball and fits the bill of what Brown wants from his defenders it's a risk don't get me wrong but i would be willing to give him a go

Edited by muZZa__44

Just watched the goals reel... Killies first, Stone makes the correct decision to come out for that tackle imo, we get two players back (can't make out who) to cover the line, again great play then they just stand an watch the ball go by them. I know it doesn't mean anything, other than bragging rights, and it's early days... but us loosing goals like that, needs to stop. I'm sure the coaching team will work on it as well as our set plays. 

27 minutes ago, Nelson said:

I’m sure he was on the verge of a move to an Aberdeen or a Hearts when Accies were relegated. Think it was during the following season he got injured. 

He’s played roughly 50 games in the top flight so he’s likely the best we’re going to get at this stage of the summer. Short of taking a punt on a young loan that is but then comes the expectation that they have to play. 

3 hours ago, Jazzar said:

Nae vermin on here for a while. I wonder why 😄. GIRFUY.

Here’s one.

No complaints about the result as it was a good workout, but seriously, something needs to be done with the stewards and police.

Someone in his wisdom decided to shut the gates as we were leaving at the end, meaning over a thousand were kept in for around 20 minutes. No warning beforehand which lead to a degree of crushing as no one knew what was going on. Meanwhile the stewards and polis just stood back doing nothing. Fortunately no one was hurt as far as I know but this was more by luck than anything else.

I saw you lot complaining about the polis decision to stop selling tickets immediately before the game and that they must have thought there would be trouble between the fans, then this. Horses and drones as well ffs! 

WTF.
OK, we might not like each other but when was the last serious trouble at our games?

Please don’t take this as sour grapes, more a genuine complaint and a hope it isn’t repeated and people get hurt. I gather our SLO is taking it further.

Well played by the way, and enjoy the gloating.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Here’s one.

No complaints about the result as it was a good workout, but seriously, something needs to be done with the stewards and police.

Someone in his wisdom decided to shut the gates as we were leaving at the end, meaning over a thousand were kept in for around 20 minutes. No warning beforehand which lead to a degree of crushing as no one knew what was going on. Meanwhile the stewards and polis just stood back doing nothing. Fortunately no one was hurt as far as I know but this was more by luck than anything else.

I saw you lot complaining about the polis decision to stop selling tickets immediately before the game and that they must have thought there would be trouble between the fans, then this. Horses and drones as well ffs! 

WTF.
OK, we might not like each other but when was the last serious trouble at our games?

Please don’t take this as sour grapes, more a genuine complaint and a hope it isn’t repeated and people get hurt. I gather our SLO is taking it further.

I'd wager that it was all police Scotlands doing

There was obviously the potential for bother, the above video either shows a group of ferocious football fans or some young lads enjoying the school holidays. 

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Here’s one.

WTF.

Aye we walked out and went by Killie fans and were at Hawkhill by the time the announcement went over the tannoy. I can only imagine it was a Policd decision rather than Ayr as once fans leave the stadium it’s then in the police’s hands to sort. Should have had that decision made well before full time and announced. 

1 minute ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Here’s one.

WTF.

Pretty much agree with this. We've been at the end of such decisions on a few occasions over the years and I believe it's the police commanders decision on the day. I also believe it's kept secret to stop people leaving early and having what the police see is the possibility of increased anti social behaviour, possibly leading to trouble. 

If the crush risk is as you say then I feel strongly that as a group of fans, you should raise a collective complaint to the club. That is truly unacceptable and should have been stewarded appropriately.

The police in my opinion are far to involved and far to heavy handed at football in Scotland. I don't know what the answer is to resolve that matter, because it seems no matter what fans groups say to clubs, who say they're listening but nothing is ever resolved in fans favor. Maybe the law over rules what clubs put to the police, who knows. 

I believe the only way to address this, is at national level and requires every club and fans group in the country to come together and say enough is enough.

For me, AUFC's decision last season  to let CIVI dogs and hyped up bouncers into the terraces while the game was on going, with no trouble or flares or anything untoward was a line. A line that's seen me have to seriously think about buying a season ticket and returning after taking some time away from football. 

Ps. F.T.K. 😉

Reading McInnes post match comments, it was only a friendly and Ayr have been in pre-season earlier and it showed. IT WAS NEVER A PENALTY AND AYR ARE HAMMER THROWERS but its only a pre-season game. 

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Reading McInnes post match comments, it was only a friendly and Ayr have been in pre-season earlier and it showed. IT WAS NEVER A PENALTY AND AYR ARE HAMMER THROWERS but its only a pre-season game. 

I think he is showing a lack of class with his comments to be honest.

34 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

Pretty much agree with this. We've been at the end of such decisions on a few occasions over the years and I believe it's the police commanders decision on the day. I also believe it's kept secret to stop people leaving early and having what the police see is the possibility of increased anti social behaviour, possibly leading to trouble. 

If the crush risk is as you say then I feel strongly that as a group of fans, you should raise a collective complaint to the club. That is truly unacceptable and should have been stewarded appropriately.

The police in my opinion are far to involved and far to heavy handed at football in Scotland. I don't know what the answer is to resolve that matter, because it seems no matter what fans groups say to clubs, who say they're listening but nothing is ever resolved in fans favor. Maybe the law over rules what clubs put to the police, who knows. 

I believe the only way to address this, is at national level and requires every club and fans group in the country to come together and say enough is enough.

For me, AUFC's decision last season  to let CIVI dogs and hyped up bouncers into the terraces while the game was on going, with no trouble or flares or anything untoward was a line. A line that's seen me have to seriously think about buying a season ticket and returning after taking some time away from football. 

Ps. F.T.K. 😉

I was going to give you a greenie before I read the last part.😉

4 minutes ago, Superhursty7 said:

Over £4k raised for the player fund for the Celtic Tops.

Still sitting pretty with a current winning bid. Definitely not the team strip though. 

Would love to know how Walker had a bid of 250 and Watret and McMann are so low :lol:

Edited by callum-ayr