The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

17 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

Nah Rab Reilly alluded to it but would you trust him? 

But even RR says Snoddy asked for an extra £100 which equates to a 33% rise which for a young player is huge.

some our fans would have you believe we pulled out of signing Scotland star Robert Snodgrass over a lousy £75

Snodgrass fucked over a few clubs then.

We had him in at Dens, had called the press to come over, he'd toured the pitch, completed his medical and we'd put on the website that we were about to announce a signing. Then his agent got a call from Leeds United. b*****ds.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

We had him in at Dens, had called the press to come over, he'd toured the pitch, completed his medical and we'd put on the website that we were about to announce a signing. Then his agent got a call from Leeds United. b*****ds.

Can you really blame him.

7 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Leeds or Dundee.....

like Sophie’s choice 

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

No, but it still didn't stop it feeling like a kick in the stones.

I appreciate that but I think you'd struggle to choose Dundee over Leeds and you're a fan.

12 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Ayr and Hamilton made direct approaches to Glasgow South AFC for there 6.2 foot right winger Ricky Corrieri 

But he might be moving abroad

I know your all going to laugh and think this is a noise up

But I've actually been watching him for my junior team

And the guys got out off this world technical ability

Even text Shanks about him before I knew

f**k me are you still here?

Edited by Hazbart

50 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Snoddy is a great fella came to the Millbeg award nights most years just to catch up with his mates

And never have it the big IM once same as his mate Graham Dorrans who was there to

1 hour ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Ayr and Hamilton made direct approaches to Glasgow South AFC for there 6.2 foot right winger Ricky Corrieri 

I'll bite on this one,  McCall does have a history of picking up players from the juniors. The lad certainly seems to have an eye for goal at that level and their twitter feed does gush over him. 
Not sure I'd be overly happy though if we signed a player from a district amateur league to play 2nd tier football given the jump from the 3rd tier to the 2nd is large enough. 

I'll bite on this one,  McCall does have a history of picking up players from the juniors. The lad certainly seems to have an eye for goal at that level and their twitter feed does gush over him. 
Not sure I'd be overly happy though if we signed a player from a district amateur league to play 2nd tier football given the jump from the 3rd tier to the 2nd is large enough. 

This ain’t even juniors. It’s a Saturday morning league and they appear to play in one of those wee cage pitches that you and your mates went to after school.

We signed Moffat from the juniors and McCall managed to find two gems in Doolan and Erskine but the success rate is still pretty low.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

This ain’t even juniors. It’s a Saturday morning league and they appear to play in one of those wee cage pitches that you and your mates went to after school.

We signed Moffat from the juniors and McCall managed to find two gems in Doolan and Erskine but the success rate is still pretty low.

We've had some absolute horror shows from the juniors in the post Barr era. 
The point I was trying to put across at the end was very much that it is a play for fun league.
There are probably centre halves in that league that I could body shame with zero hint of irony,  fwiw after school for me was on the Marr College playing fields up against superstars like Ally Woodburn. 

30 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Cos you have never watched the guy or his league

I haven't watched him personally but I have watched my fair share of amateur football as well as juniors and teams in all professional divisions. A few of my friends and work colleagues play at amateur level so I'm relatively clued up on what it is all about.

Just now, Hawk89 said:
8 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

I haven't watched him personally but I have watched my fair share of amateur football as well as juniors and teams in all professional divisions. A few of my friends and work colleagues play at amateur level so I'm relatively clued up on what it is all about.

So you don't know what your talking about then?

And never even knew about this like 100% off the other posters?

Or even the guys selecting Scotland amateur squads?

Saturday morning league remember last year told you about the guy who signed for Stirling out it?

Well this guys miles better than him and anybody I've watched in league two or one in the seniors

And Hamilton were also scouting the guy who went up to Stirling

So can see truth in it straight from the horse's mouth there boss

I'd imagine everyone in that league could 'do a job' and probably should be in future Scotland squads.

Saturday morning league remember last year told you about the guy who signed for Stirling out it?
Well this guys miles better than him and anybody I've watched in league two or one in the seniors
Reading clearly isn't a core skill for you. Have a nice Sunday.

1 minute ago, Hawk89 said:
5 minutes ago, Tartan Tammy 1297 said:

Reading clearly isn't a core skill for you. Have a nice Sunday.

My pals play ammy so there for I know the levels

It don't work that way

Enjoy yours to

32 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

We've had some absolute horror shows from the juniors in the post Barr era. 
The point I was trying to put across at the end was very much that it is a play for fun league.
There are probably centre halves in that league that I could body shame with zero hint of irony,  fwiw after school for me was on the Marr College playing fields up against superstars like Ally Woodburn. 

Naw wrong it's a top league prob best in Glasgow full off young hungry teams that take there fitness very seriously

Who are family men want to spend time with the kids or get to go watch the auld firm who have good jobs

And do not feel the need to go junior

If I had pick of the best players out it we would have some season for Ladeside