The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

Being a poster who consistently posts "edgy takes" to provoke a reaction, I think you should sit this one out

I don't post edgy takes. I'm generally just more pessimistic about things than others. I like to think I'm pretty consistent about the positions I take, and I've been talking about the lack of dedicated media spots on the NT since it started going up. I wouldn't have even imagined someone would think this was by design because TV cameras don't belong at football matches, but if you'd asked me which of the P&B regulars would advance that position I'd immediately draw up a shortlist of two. And the other one hasn't really had that bad an opinion since "Mark Roberts is pish at football", which was quite a while ago now.

The impressive thing for me right now is we have an identity on and off the pitch. We've got good players but we've got (the majority) on 2+ year deals. Even under McCall there was always an underlying current that the whole thing was built on sand, the team was going to get ripped apart every twelve months and we were gonna get buttons at best for players like McCowan, Forrest, Shankland etc. If we do lose our better players, we'll at least be well enough compensated.

I wasn't overly impressed when Brown was hired. He never struck me as being the most cerebral of players but f**k me I'm glad to be eating my words. We look so solid and at the same time fluid all over the pitch and he's dragging performances out of players that I never thought I'd see.

3 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

The impressive thing for me right now is we have an identity on and off the pitch. We've got good players but we've got (the majority) on 2+ year deals. Even under McCall there was always an underlying current that the whole thing was built on sand, the team was going to get ripped apart every twelve months and we were gonna get buttons at best for players like McCowan, Forrest, Shankland etc. If we do lose our better players, we'll at least be well enough compensated.

I wasn't overly impressed when Brown was hired. He never struck me as being the most cerebral of players but f**k me I'm glad to be eating my words. We look so solid and at the same time fluid all over the pitch and he's dragging performances out of players that I never thought I'd see.

We have a couple of loans, that could disappear at Xmas and throw the full thing on it's arse tho.

4 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

Even under McCall there was always an underlying current that the whole thing was built on sand, the team was going to get ripped apart every twelve months and we were gonna get buttons at best for players like McCowan, Forrest, Shankland etc

I mean it wasn't that underlying, McCall was quite explicit that he didn't have a pot to piss in multiple times.

4 minutes ago, placidcasual said:

I wasn't overly impressed when Brown was hired. He never struck me as being the most cerebral of players

Absolutely guilty of that myself. Admittedly I didn't tune into many Celtic press conferences but in every appearance he's had at Ayr he's been as sharp as a tack and that's obviously not just media training.

Just now, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

We have a couple of loans, that could disappear at Xmas and throw the full thing on it's arse tho.

You'd like to think that if the club were at the top end of the table in that situation that Brown might be able to pull a few strings. And while the loanees are good players it's not like when it was Chalmers and Mullin.

Edited by Thumper

1 minute ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

doubtful unless Hearts have an injury crisis in the goalkeeping department they probably won't call back Stone with them having Clark, Gordon and Fulton, County could but i don't think rate Henderson

Just now, muZZa__44 said:

doubtful unless Hearts have an injury crisis in the goalkeeping department they probably won't call back Stone with them having Clark, Gordon and Fulton, County could but i don't think rate Henderson

I know it's doubtful, I'd imagine the gentleman agreement was for the season... but we've been stung before. I'm not overly concerned, just a consideration to factor in.

2 minutes ago, muZZa__44 said:

Hearts also have Jamie MacDonald in the B team and unless County change from 3-5-2 I don’t see how Henderson fits in.

Sure Stone mentioned moving to Ayr for the season and Henderson is back home so currently the loans aren't really like previous seasons.

speaking of loans, if there was any player i feel from us that needs the loan most it would be Tomlinson, i feel he's not going to get anywhere near the game time he got last season and he is at that stage where he should have a loan, he's arguable good enough for a League 2 team

If there was the option either now or in January, I’d like to see the club try make the Henderson move permanent and get him in on a long term deal. I get the feeling he doesn’t have a future there, the same way which Turner was let go. Sure we could negotiate something like the Rus deal and get him here permanently. 

26 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I like to think I'm pretty consistent about the positions I take, and I've been talking about the lack of dedicated media spots on the NT since it started going up. I wouldn't have even imagined someone would think this was by design because TV cameras don't belong at football matches, but if you'd asked me which of the P&B regulars would advance that position I'd immediately draw up a shortlist of two

This sums up what I was talking about. ^^^^

I've never voiced an opinion on camera locations, simply because I don't care. 

What I posted last night, which you have tried to mangle in to some kind of rant about TV CAMERAS SHOULD NEVER BE IN A FOOTBALL STADIUM, which is an example of your style of posting I was talking about, was that it is up to the broadcasters to find a location. It's not up to the club to design a stadium around it. they could build a gantry and the BBC still might decide not to use it. 

They have built a walkway across the Somerset road end, they built a scaffold in the railway end, they had a cherrypicker above the main stand before. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

What I posted last night, which you have tried to mangle in to some kind of rant about TV CAMERAS SHOULD NEVER BE IN A FOOTBALL STADIUM, which is an example of your style of posting I was talking about, was that it is up to the broadcasters to find a location. It's not up to the club to design a stadium around it. they could build a gantry and the BBC still might decide not to use it. 

They have built a walkway across the Somerset road end, they built a scaffold in the railway end, they had a cherrypicker above the main stand before. 

Totally disagree that this is the broadcaster's responsibility. We've stated we want to be 'premier league ready', which means having things like media facilities and camera positions available that don't involve blocking the view of supporters in the ground or offering shots that have fences covering part of the pitch. 
However, the new stand is just up and it's early days. Perhaps there's a plan in place to deliver these facilities soon.

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Could you not argue that it is in the club's interest to provide ST holders in the North Stand an unobstructed view of the pitch for all matches?

Clearly there were sightline issues caused by the cameras being in the about the seats. That's a really poor proposition for the most expensive seats in the stadium. 

2 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

How long does it take the BBC to put last nights programme on iplayer?

I don't think they do. Someone said earlier, they were hoping the club upload the full game to YouTube instead of.just highlights 

Fair f**ks to Ayr for that performance last night. Made Airdrie look very poor and didn't let them play at all.  Was really impressed with the high press and work rate all over the pitch. Hard to pick out anyone in particular but Henderson and Rus looked class.

I'd have given man of the match to Musonda though. He powered up and down that right side all night, was defensively solid and unlucky not to score. I didn't know he was a right back. Assumed he was a centre back.

2 minutes ago, F.T.O.F.1910 said:

I don't think they do. Someone said earlier, they were hoping the club upload the full game to YouTube instead of.just highlights 

They normally do?